nineteen

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nineteen

 

 

+

 

 

“Do you think I should wear this one? I mean, my bump look ier in that dress but this one made me look slimmer.” Dara keep mumbling as Chaerin looking blankly at the mirror. “Or maybe I should just wear another dress,” she continues.

Dara asked her assistant to bring another dress for her.

“What time the boys will pick us up, Chae?" she asked.

Chaerin stay still while her make up artist started to do her make up.

“Chaeriniee~~?? You okay??” she raised her voice.

Chaerin startled, “oh yeah, great, that dress looks good on you.”

Dara sighed, “care to explain why you were out in space?”

“No..” she chuckles, “I’m just… thinking of… my dress also.”

“Lee Chaerin, we’ve been friends for too long, I know when you’re lying.”

Chaerin sighed, “Can you give me some moments with Dara?” she asked her make up artist.

“But, ma’am…”

“We still have plenty of time before the Gala begins.” She continues.

Dara sat beside her, “is there anything bothering your mind, Chae baby?”

Chaerin nodded, “This morning I got my period.”

Dara furrowed her eyebrow and then she got what Chaerin means, “Oh! You’re not pregnant?”

She nodded again, “I’m so frustrated.”

“Easy babe, maybe its not the time yet.”

“What if there’s problem in me? what if there’s problem with Jiyong? What if we can’t have children?”

“Hey… don’t be stress, pregnant is not as fun as you think.” She smiled.

“Dara, its not about the pregnancies. Its about the child, I want a child!”

“But… you’re still a student.”

“I know,” she grunts, “do you get what I mean? Me and Jiyong tried it every night, Dara, in the past two weeks we literally had every night and I’m still not pregnant, what if I’m—you know—sterile…”

“Oh my God, I’m blushing here… why am I even imagining you and Jiyong…”

Chaerin sighing, Dara obviously doesn’t listen.

“You know what, this conversation is useless.” Chaerin walked towards the door and call the make up artist again.

“But Chaerin… I’m sorry, I just don’t get why are you freaking out.” Dara put a cute face.

Chaerin didn’t answer.

 

+

 

Jiyong stays at the office till late today, he should have going home early and prepare for the Gala but he asked his assistant to pick up his suit and he will change at the office instead.

He called Chaerin says that he will pick her up at 7 and they will go together to the Gala but Chaerin who thinks Jiyong still busy with meetings says she could go with Dara and Youngbae and hey can meet before the red carpet.

Jiyong sighed, his mind full of thoughts about the video Jay showed him.

 

“Let me win the auction, Jiyong, and this video will disappear forever.”

 

His voice twirling in Jiyong’s mind.

He doesn’t want Jay to win the auction, because if he did then it means that he will be the second biggest shareholder after Chaerin, and he will be able to make decision related to the company. And Jiyong doesn’t feel good about it. he feels that Jay is planning something fishy.

In the other hand, Jiyong doesn’t want the video goes viral because it means that he put his marriage in danger.

Suddenly the doors open and Mr. Lee standing there.

“Son, you’re still here?”

“Yes, father, I’m still… having some paperworks to do.” He said.

“Alright, see you at the Gala.” Mr. Lee is about to leave but then he stops. “Is everything okay?” He asked.

Jiyong gulped, “uh… y-yes.”

He smiled a bit, “I know its hard for you, but I also know you can do it.”

“Uh, father,” he said, “uhm… if one day I’m facing a difficult situation, like choosing between company and family, what should I do?”

Mr. Lee exhaled, “company is my true family, it doesn’t betrayed you, so, I will not betray my company.”

Jiyong keep thinking as Mr. Lee already leave.

Chaerin’s father is the person who will put the company first, he even sacrifice Chaerin for the company.

He sacrificed Chaerin. Jiyong thought. “And there’s no way Chaerin suffer for the second time, company is not my family, Chaerin is my family.” He said to himself

 

+

 

Chaerin get off from the limo Youngbae brought to pick Dara and her. outside the Limo she found Jiyong already at the waiting point before the walked passing through the red carpet.

Jiyong smiled looking at his gorgeous wife. Chaerin is the prettiest and its not doubtable.

“Hey, beautiful.” He whispers to her.

Chaerin blushed.

“You make every girl jealous because you’re too pretty.” He continued.

“You make every guy jealous because you got me.” she replied.

“Cheeky girl.” Jiyong offer his arm to Chaerin.

They walked hand in hand through the red carpet.

The Gala started as it is, with formal dinner, light snacking and classy entertainments. And now is the peak of the event. The auction.

Jiyong clenched his jaw when he saw Jay across the room, smirking at him.

“Oppa, the auction will begin soon.” Chaerin pull him to the participant chair.

Suddenly Jiyong pull Chaerin closer.

“Chae,” he look deep into her eyes.

“What’s wrong oppa?”

“You know that I love you, right?”

She startled, “y-yes…” she blushed.

“Everything that I did or might do is probably wrong in your eyes, but trust me, I’m doing it for you.”

Chaerin couldn’t say anything.

Jiyong kiss her cheek lightly and the continue sitting at the bidder chair.

 

The auction began and now is the auction of Mr. Lee’s share.

Jiyong knew Jay has 4000 points while Jiyong—with Chaerin’s shares points—has around 11,000 points.

“We’ll starts the bid of this unique auction from 250 points.” The auctioneer said.

People started biding from 300, 310, 375… 685… 900… 1000…

“3000.” Jay suddenly calling his bid.

Many people stops because simply they don’t have as many points as Jay.

Chaerin looking Jiyong who still didn’t call any bid.

“3100.” Jiyong finally said.

“3500.” Jay said again.

People started chattering.

“3700.” Jiyong increase the bid.

Jay smirked, “4000.” He said.

It’s the final number and now is Jiyong’s turn, he knew Jay doesn’t have anymore points.

There’s a war inside his heart.

Chaerin started to be worried, Jiyong didn’t say anything.

“Okay, one…” the auctioneer starts coun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter