fifteen

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteen

 

 

+

 

 

Chaerin walked back and forth while calling Dr. Hong.

“He was fainting, doc.” She said.

“He has fever?”

“Yes, he’s burning.”

“Have you check with thermometer?” Dr. hong asked.

“Not yet, because I was asking the maid but they only speak chinese, while I ca’t speak chinese.”

“I can speak chinese.” Dr. Hong said.

“really?”

“Put one of the maid on the phone.”

Chaerin gave the phone to one of the maid and they’re talking. After that the maid gave the phone back.

“Yes, doc.” Chaerin said.

“I told her to get the first aid kit, and check if there’s thermometer and paracetamol, if they have the medicine, give it to Jiyong-ssi and make sure he drank a lot of water.”

“Okay.” Chaerin said.

“Did he said something like the symptoms before he fainted?”

“Uh… he said he’s really dizzy, a severe headache and I’m sure his holding at his eyes, like the pain is from there.”

 “He feel pain in the eyes?” Dr. Hong murmured.

“Is that bad?” Chaerin started to worried more.

“My first diagnose was he got anemia and flu but now I’m thinking of something else…”

“Doc… is everything okay?”

“He probably got dengue, Chaerin-ssi, if the fever is higher tomorrow you should get him a blood test.”

“But how can I get a blood test here? We’re on a private island, there’s no hospital.” She cries.

“Tomorrow in the morning I’ll fly there. Now make sure that both of you get enough rest.”

“Thank you doc…”

 

She sighed for the nth time, it hurt her to see Jiyong in pain but unable to do anything.

“hey…” she sat beside him, “doctor will come tomorrow.”

“Hmm…” he mumbled.

“I tried to talk with the maid, but I can’t understand what they said.” she hgeld his hand.

Jiyong didn’t say anything.

“you’ll be fine.” She said, while Chaerin herself not really sure.

She holds his hand until he fell asleep. Then she took her phone and starts browsing about dengue.

Symptoms like cold and flu.

She checked the thermometer. 38.7 celcius.

Severe dengue is a potentially deadly complication due to plasma leaking, fluid accumulation, respiratory distress, severe bleeding, or organ impairment.

Chaerin gasped.

“No… it can’t be dengue…” she murmured. “Please…”

 

Chaerin sleeping beside Jiyong all night, she was awaken several times because Jiyong was fevered mumbled.

She woke up with a pretty sunrise on their windows. “Too bad I can’t enjoy it with you outside.” She sighed while checking on Jiyong again. his fever hasn’t decrease.

Jiyong moved a bit.

“Hey…” she said.

“Hmm…”

“Good morning.” She smiled.

“my stomach hurt.”

“Stomach? You’re hungry?” she asked.

“My lower abdomen.”

Chaerin alerted. “What should I do to comfort you?” she is really clueless.

“Chaerin, help me to the bathroom… I … feel like vomiting.”

They’re walking slowly to the bathroom and Jiyong couldn’t make it to the basin so he vomiting at the bathroom floor. It was only water… and blood.

They both freeze.

“Here, the water and tissue.” Chaerin said. she helped him back to the bed again after cleaned him. “Stay here, I’ll clean the bathroom.”

“Chae, let the maid do it.”

“No, I’ll do it.”

“But I feel uncomfortable if you do it. I feel less cool…”

“I’m your wife, I gotta take care of you anyway. So just be true to me.” she said. “nothing to be ashamed of, Ji.”

She walked to the bathroom and flush the floor with water, she watched the blood went to the sewer and tears starts dripping on her cheek. Her shoulder shaking and she cover tightly to prevent making any crying sound.

If I have to lose Jiyong too, Is there really no happiness for me?

She wiped her tears and walked back to the bedroom because she heard the maid coming bringing breakfast for them.

She saw the maid made porridge for Jiyong and some breakfast for Chaerin and bring it to their room with a small table.

“Thank you.” She said.

She took the porridge and taste it.

“Hmm… tastes good, want some, Ji?” she asked.

Jiyong shook his head.

“Just a little?” she smiled, “I’ll feed you.”

Jiyong looking ather. “Are you crying?”

Chaerin gulped, “No, why?”

“You called the doctor, right? What did he said? is it some serious disease?”

“No, Ji…”

“Where’s dr. Hong now?”

“He’s on his way.” She said.

“Then what he said before? Isn’t it just a regular flu?”

“Ji…”

“Am I gonna die?” he asked.

“Jiyong!!”

“What?”

“Don’t say that!” Chaerin feel tears are about to fall again.

“Then why are you crying??” he raised his voice. “Then why I was vomiting blood???”

“I cried because I was stupid, I can’t communicate with the maid… I’m useless…”

“Really?”

Chaerin nodded, “It doesn’t have anything to do with your illness… because its just regular flu… you’ll be fine, Ji… I promise.”

All I can is promising you that you’ll be fine, but I know I’m not fine at all. She thought.

 

+

 

Its almost lunch time and dr. Hong hasn’t come. Chaerin took her phone and call him.

“Hello, doc, where are you?”

“I’m already at the chopper in China but we still can’t go because of the wind, when the wind is calming down we’ll be there in 20 minutes.” He explained.

“Okay, doc, I relly need you here.”

“How is he?”

“He’s fever hasn’t decrease and… and…” Chaerin tried h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter