two

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two

 

+

 

She thoughts all the arranged marriage things doesn’t exist anymore in this modern era.

She thoughts that’s the purpose of her studying in Hyun Suk university, where all people there are from the rich, so there will be no more drama of the rich fall for the poor.

She thoughts she will have a chance to be in love naturally.

But all her dreams just been taken away since her family announce her marriage. Worse is she got to marry a complete stranger.

She peek on Jiyong.

“What?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“Did you saved my grandma’s life?” he asked.

“I just helped her.”

“She brag about it all day and asked all her man to search information about you, and then here I am, forced to marry you.”

“She wants you to marry me just because I helped her from choking?”

“She could die if you weren’t there.” Jiyong said.

“So I guess I’m just a wrong girl in the right time.”

“No, she thinks you’re there because fate said so. You helped her because fate said so, and I got to marry you because fate said so.”

“What the…”

“My family and yours had a secret meeting several times before this.”

“So you knew about this?” she asked.

He shook his head, “just knew today. I was as shock as you.”

They both took a deep breath, trying to escape from this nightmare.

“What to do?” Chaerin mumbled.

Jiyong groan in frustration.

Why must her? he thought. “Hey, listen, Barbie doll, lets—”

“What did you call me??”

Jiyong laughs, “Alright, sorry.”

“What? Barbie doll? So that’s what you think of me?”

Jiyong shrugged his shoulder.

“Hey listen, Kwon Jiyong, I might look like a doll for you but if you think you can play me, you’re so wrong.”

“Oh I’m scared now. Please don’t hit me with your glittery hair brush.” He mocked her.

Chaerin clenched her fist. “Go to hell, Kwon Jiyong.”

“Words, Barbie.”

“Don’t-call-me-that.”

“What if I want?”

“I’ll agree on this marriage.” She said.

“So?” he asked, “Oh, you were thinking of opposing this marriage?? Don’t be so silly, you think you can say no to that elders?”

“You think we can’t refuse this?”

Jiyong shook his head.

“You think we deserve this? What about our own happiness? Doesn’t it matter?”

“Our happiness?” Jiyong laughs, “are you talking about falling in love with someone and get married in a chapel on the hill, with butterflies and birds singing??”

“Well, isn’t that the purpose of all the rich people study in Hyun Suk? Its like a filter, so we could be in love with anyone without having a drama of the rich falling in love with the poor?”

Jiyong scoffed, “Hyun Suk is there for us to study, fool! Gosh… Your brain is full of silly pinkish lovey dovey things and you mad when I call you Barbie?” he laughs, “Even Barbie is more rational than you.”

“I bet I’m smarter than you.” Chaerin folds her arms in front.

“Just because you rank in the big five every year?”

Chaerin proudly nodded.

“Won’t it be useless? Because as far as I know Ciel group never let a woman took control.”

Chaerin paused. Jiyong thinks he saw a pain in her eyes.

“So you’re just gonna do whatever they want us to do?” she suddenly asked.

“Are you still talking about our happiness?” he asked. “How do you think our parents met before?”

Chaerin said nothing.

“By arrangement like this.”

“You’re wrong, my parents met at Hyun Suk and fell in love. Naturally!”

“Oh so romantic.” He mocked her. “But not in my family. One of my aunt met her husband at the alter.”

Chaerin gasped.

“Don’t be so naïve, we all know that happiness in our world means a good stock price, increase of profit and money.”

“So you don’t think of marrying someone you love?”

“Better not,” he said. “let me tell you something, Lee Chaerin. Love makes you weak.”

 

+

 

Chaerin joined her parents at the dining table of her house several days later, he hasn’t got a chance to talk to them since the meeting with the Kwon’s.

“Appa, eomma…” she said.

They didn’t answer, as usual.

“About the marriage with Kwon Jiyong…”

Mr. and Mrs Lee glance at her.

“… I won’t opposed it, but, do you think I really should do this?”

“Do you have any other option?” Mr. Lee asked.

“No…”

“Do we have any other option?” he asked again.

“I don’t know…”

“Kwon Jiyong is eligible. He’s from a good family, he has stronger background than you. And most importantly, he’s a dragon.”

Chaerin sighed, she just knew that Jiyong’s zodiac is a dragon. The strongest. There’s no way of her parents will let him go.

“If I marry him, will it end the cold war between us?” she carefully ask.

Mrs. Lee exhaled, She never thought Chaerin will ask something like this.

“There was never been a cold war between anyone, Chaerin.”

“Really? then why two of you stop talking to me since oppa died?” she asked.

“Lee Chaerin!” Mrs. Lee raised her voice.

“Was it my fault?”

“He was in the island with you.” Mr. Lee said.

“Then was it my fault that he came to our private island with me, his sister??”

Mr. and Mrs. Lee didn’t say anything.

“Its been five years and I keep the pain for myself, you know how much I love him, right? Appa and eomma sad because you lost the heirs of your company, I was sad because I lost a brother, the only person who truly loves me in this family, I know it’s a mistake to born as a girl in this family.”

“Watch your words, Chaerin, we were sad because we lost a son!” Mr. Lee cleched his jaw.

“No, I know how insecure you are if you don’t have an eligible heirs. Obviously me as a girl couldn’t continue it because of the tradition, And the only option was the company will be continued by So Hyuk oppa.” She continued.

“Chaerin.”

“Now that I will marry Jiyong, please let me continue the company.”

“Jiyong will.”

“No, Jiyong will be busy with his own company.”

“You can’t Lee Chaerin! Jiyong is the one who has to be in charge in the company.” Mr Lee raised his voice. “You can’t break the tradition! It will make the company unstable.”

“Wow, the company’s stability is more important than anything? Fine.” Chaerin feel her nerves already in peak. “if money is all matter. I’ll marry him and get out from this house. Having a husband who has two giant company such as Ciel and Kwon ent. will make me one of the richest wife in Asia, right? And that will make me happy, right??” she put down her cutleries and left the table.

 

+

 

A daring red Ferrari parked at the school lawn, not a fancy view actually because most of the student there have at least one similar sports car, but what makes people stare at it is because there’s a pretty petite girl lean on that car.

“Wow, who’s that cutie?” Youngbae whistle as he walks towards a library with Jiyong and Daesung.

“Isn’t that the celebrity? Sandara Park?” Daesung said.

“Is she going to enroll here? Definitely going to be my Prom date.” Youngbae chuckled.

Suddenly another pretty figure appears, Lee Chaerin ran into her bestfriend and hug her.

“Wow, whatta heavenly view to see…” Daesung mumbled. “They both are too pretty.”

“She’s friend with Lee Chaerin?” Youngbae asked.

“Seems so…” Daesung.

“Yah! You two! Hurry, my grandma walk faster than you.” Jiyong glare at his two friends.

He saw many people are staring at Chaerin and Her friend.

“Hahaha… Jiyong hates that blondie.” Youngbae chuckles.

“Really? Lee Chaerin? She dumped you or what?” Daesung asked.

“Nobody dumped me, idiot!” he scoffed, “And I don’t hate her.” he continued.

“But you told me you do…” Youngbae said.

Its true that he told Youngbae once about how he annoyed with girl like Chaerin, but if Youngbae knew he will marry that girl, he will to death.

“No, she’s fine.”

 

“Yah! Lee Chaerinie!” Dara slap her arm.

“Ouch! Why you hit me?”

“How can you be so cruel to me??”

“What??”

Dara took something from her bag. A luxurious invitation.

“Last time when you meet your parents, why didn’t you tell me that that was the day you introduce your boyfriend to them?? And how can I not know you have a boyfriend??? I thought we are bestfriend!” she pouted.”

“What the…” Chaerin snatch the invitation from Dara’s hand.

“I always told you about all my affairs with boys, and you…” Dara mumbling and Chaerin didn’t listen to her anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter