six

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Six

 

 

+

 

 

Jiyong sat in the dining table at his apartment with his laptop and some documents. Its been more than a weeks Jiyong and Chaerin live together, not much differences from the way they live before. For Jiyong he got less conversation than what he used to get at home.

First three days they were busy arranging the house, second three days the were busy adapting with the new place and the last three days Chaerin rarely be seen at home because she got exams and presentation. Not that he’s complaining, its actually better because he needs many times alone to study about his company’s problem and also his thesis.

Suddenly he heard beeping sound from the door. Chaerin must be home.

“Hi, I’m home.” Chaerin entered the house. She dressed in a formal blazer matched with the pencil skirt, over the white shirt. A formal office wear is usually worn in presentation tests, at their campus students must dress up like in real business presentation.

Jiyong closed the Kwon enterprise documents and change it into some journals for his thesis.

“Hey.” He shortly answer.

Chaerin went to the kitchen and pour a drink for herself.

“How’s the thesis?” she asked.

“Asking me the same question everyday won’t make it faster.” He replied.

“Well, sorry.” She said. “Is there anything I can help?”

He shakes his head.

“You sure..?”

“Hey, maybe I’m not in big 5 at campus, but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid.”

Chaerin sigh, “just asking.”

Suddenly Jiyong’s stomach growl.

“Have you eat something?” Chaerin asks, she peek on the wall clock and its already passed the lunch time.

Jiyong shakes his head, he remember he hasn’t had anything since this morning. “I was gonna call a delivery, but—”

Chaerin stood up, “Let me cook something for you.”

“No, I’m just gonna call.”

“Let me cook something.” She repeated and left to the kitchen.

 

“I can make something proper with all this stuff we have, but I gotta make something simple and quick, before you die.” She chuckles while opening the fridge and the cabinet in the island kitchen.

Jiyong scoffed.

Chaerin took off her blazer and folds her sleeves, and Jiyong was gonna continue typing on his laptop but the view of Chaerin cooking is hard to resist, not because he’s very hungry but watching her cooking while wearing a formal clothes somehow looks so y.

Jiyong shook his head and trying to concentrate at his thesis.

After less than 20 minutes, Chaerin came with a plate of pasta.

“Spaghetti pesto and garlic, with pan seared chicken .” She said.

“Are you sure this is edible?”

Chaerin scoffed. “just try it!” she gave him a fork.

Jiyong take a fork full of the spaghetti and eat it. he was surprised of how good it taste.

“So, how?” she sat across him.

“Not bad.” He replied.

“Only ‘not bad’?”

“What you expect me to say?” he asked back, “Delicious, marvelous, amazing, incredible?”

“Thank you.” She smiled. “I’m going to change.” She left Jiyong.

Jiyong looking at the plate, its probably the best pesto pasta he ever eat.

 

+

 

Jiyong knocked on Chaerin’s room door. she opened it.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Wanna go out for dinner?”

“Dinner?” she asked back, “Where are we going?”

“Up to you.” He said, “you cooked lunch for me, and because I can’t cook, I’ll treat you dinner.”

“Okay, I’ll change!” she said.

 

They went to Chaerin’s favorite place called Paolo’s Italian kitchen, it’s a Michelin restaurant where people have to reserve at least a month before they get a tablem but Chaerin always have a special table, simply because she’s a regular guest and Paolo himself knew Chaerin.

“Have you been here before?” she asked Jiyong.

“Hmmm.. nope.”

“They have the best pasta in Korea.”

“Really?”

“Yes, and the one you ate for lunch was a simple recipe Paolo taught me.”

“Paolo himself taught you?” he asked.

“We’re quite close.” She winked.

 

“Jiyong!” suddenly a man walked to him.

Jiyong immediately stood up and bowed, “Mr. Dong.” He said.

Chaerin also stood up and bowed.

“Chaerin, this is Mr. Dong Sang Wook, Youngbae’s father.”

“I recognized that…” she smiled.

Mr. Dong smiled but Jiyong is alerted because of the conversation he heard before.

“So, you like this place?” Mr. Dong asked.

“Love it!” Chaerin replied.

“Yes, she loves it.” Jiyong repeated with a very gentle tone. Even Chaerin a bit surprised because he’s not cold as usual.

“I love the food here too.” Mr. Dong continues.

“Chaerin love the food also, she even know the chef and learn how to cook some simple recipe from him.” Jiyong swift near to Chaerin and lightly wrap his arm on her shoulder.

Chaerin confuse but she manage to keep smiling.

“You know Paolo? He’s the best, right?” Mr. Dong asked Chaerin.

She nodded, “yes…”

“Well, then enjoy your dinner…”

“Date!” Jiyong cuts Mr. Dong, “Dinner date, sir.” He smiled.

Mr. Dong smiled, “sure… dinner date.”

 

“What the heck was that, Kwon?” Chaerin asked.

“Nothing.”

Chaerin scoffed because Jiyong back to the cold him again.

“Hot and cold like a water dispenser.” Chaerin murmured.

Jiyong paused, “hey, you only know my cold, you haven’t even seen a tiny bit of my hot, Barbie, watch it out.” He smirked.

Chaerin feels her cheek blushed for no reason.

 

+

 

Several days later, Jiyong was at the library, doing some research for his company problems.

“How to fix this…” he mumbling, “how to fix thiiiss…”

Suddenly his phone vibrates.

“Hello, Youngbae.” He answered.

“Where are you, Ji?”

“Library, why?”

“I’m on my way to your house.” He said, “I mean your new apartment.”

“What? I’m at the campus.”

“Do you have any other class today?” he asked.

“No, but I have something to do at the library.”

“Oh come on… I’m on my way to your place, I’m bringing a housewarming gift for you.” He said.

“But, bae…”

“Is your fiancée home?”

“I don’t know.” Jiyong said.

“I’ll call her and if she’s home I’m just gonna give it to her then.” Youngbae said.

“You have her number??” Jiyong attacked by an uncomfortable feeling.

“No, but I can get it from you, can’t i?”

“Y- uh.. you know… I’ll see you at home.” Jiyong finally said.

 

He dialed Chaerin’s number.

“Hey, Barbie where are you?” he asked when Chaerin pick up.

“Home, why?” Chaerin is already fed up with her new nick name.

“Home?”

“Yeah… why?”

“Why don’t you go somewhere.” He said.

“Like where?”

“I don’t know… you’re not going to… shopping for example?”

“Shopping? No, I’m tired.”

“You don’t have classes? Or schedule with friends?”

“Why are you so desperate asking me to go out of the house?” Chaerin paused then said, “Jiyong, are you going to bring a girl home? You’re sounded so suspicious…”

“What? No! I ju—”

“Come on… we both adult, its okay…” she said. “Listen, just bring her and do whatever you want in your room, I’ll stay at mine.”

“No! that’s not it…”

“Then what?” she asked, “Oh wait, the bell rang, I think someone’s here.”

“He’s there already?”

 

+

 

Jiyong came and saw Chaerin chatting with Youngbae at their living room.

“Oh hi, Ji.” Youngbae wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter