twenty two

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty two

 

 

+

 

 

“I was surprise that you asked me to meet you here, Chae.” Seung Hyun said, “I mean I could just drop these to your house.”

“Oh I’m sorry… I didn’t think about that.” She feel ashamed.

“I mean its good because we could also catch up than just give this records back to you.” He said, “and I’m sorry that I keep your records for such a long time.” Seung Hyun gave her a square bag full of her vinyls.

“Its okay, I was gonna forget about it give it to you anyway because I thought we won’t see each other again, but…” she chuckles, “Its kind of hard because I actually love these records.”

“We have such a similar music taste, that’s why I love them too.” Seung Hyun smiled, “anyway, how’s life?”

Chaerin shrugged, “So far so good.”

“I heard you’re married.”

Chaerin paused, she should know that Seung Hyun must know that she’s married.

“Oh, you heard?”

“From Soo Hyuk.”

“Oh sure…” she laughs.

“so, you finally find someone who meet your parents expectation of perfect son-in-law?”

“Hmm… well, seems so, because here I am now.”

“Hey, but you’re happy right?”

Chaerin feel a sting in her heart. “Of course.”

“Where is he now?”

“Working.”

“At this hour?”

Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“You should introduce me to him sometimes.”

“You don’t know him?” Chaerin asked.

Seung Hyun shook his head, “Should i? is he someone I know?”

Chaerin also shook her head, “Anyway, I heard you move to Germany.”

Seung Hyun sip his drink, “I did, but I already back here since last year.”

“What are you doing there? You continue your study?”

“Well, after your parents cut me from their eligible son-in-law list,” he laughs, Chaerin also laughs. “I decided to pursue my dream there, study engineering and make my own small company, but yeah you know, at the end we all have responsibility to continue what our parents did, right? So here I am now.”

 

They were talking for another hour and then they separated with promises to meet up again someday.

 

Chaerin thought she was having fun talking to Seung Hyun but now she just feel another emptiness, she can’t enjoying conversation with anybody else, her mind—however—is keep occupying by Jiyong.

Her mind is where her heart is.

And the more she’s thinking about Jiyong and all her suspiciousness the more she find her heart aching.

 

+

 

Chaerin open the apartement door and find Jiyong sit in front the TV.

She peeked on the wall clock. 10.43 pm

Jiyong lift his head from the magazine he reads. “Barbie…” he said.

Chaerin forced a smile.

“Come here.” He said.

Chaerin went sitting next to him and Jiyong turned his body, facing her.

“What’s the doctor said?” he asked.

“Uh… nothing important, just a regular flu, he gave me vitamin.” She’s avoiding his gaze.

Jiyong sighed, “Chae…”

Chaerin still not looking at him.

“Chae, are we having a problem here?”

Chaerin’s heart pounding. Aren’t we? You tell me Jiyong! She thoughts

“I… don’t think so…” she said, “Do you think we have problem?” she asked back.

“I feel like you’re avoiding me.”

“Me?? are you sure??”

Jiyong shrugged, “Is it because I’m too busy lately?”

“You said its normal.”

“What?”

“Oppa, you said you’re working overtime everyday is normal, so what can i say?”

Jiyong tried to study his wife’s expression and somehow he saw anger.

Chaerin sighed, “Not that I don’t wanna talk about this with you, but I’m so tired right now, and also sleepy.”

She stood up and about to going upstairs when Jiyong grab her wrist.

“Chae, at least sleep in our room.”

 

Chaerin sleeping with her back on Jiyong, she close her eyes tightly pretending to sleep while Jiyong still reading some documents. She hasn’t asleep when Jiyong finally turn off the lights and sleeping.

He didn’t kiss her goodnight, he always did but not again. Chaerin bit her lips, trying not to cry.

 

+

 

From: Choi Seung Hyun

Chae, just to let you know I have two Vinyl player and since I don’t have that much collection again let me know if you want one. Its portable, you can bring it to picnic. ;D

 

Chaerin smiling, she got one turntable at her parents house but not in this house.

 

Lee Chaerin

You have the portable? Can I buy it from you?

 

From: Choi Seung Hyun

No need to buy, I’ll give to you.

 

Lee Chaerin

Are you sure?

 

From: Choi Seung Hyun

More than sure!

 

Chaerin thrilled just to think about another meeting with Seung Hyun, but then she feels somekind of feeling, like sadness.

She might have problems with her marriage or at least that’s what she thinks, but she’s not that kind of woman.

And every thoughts she had thinking about revenge, have fun behind Jiyong’s back ad so on made her feel low, she’s disgusted with herself for having such idea.

Then she type another text

 

Lee Chaerin

This time you can drop it to my house, maybe I can introduce you to my husband if he’s home. Thanks a lot anyway.

 

From: Choi Seung Hyun

Sure! That’d be great. Maybe on weekend?

 

Chaerin smiled. She knew that Seung Hyung doesn’t have any motives towards her, he just want to be friends with her again.

 

+

 

Chaerin as having lunch with Dara when suddenly she got a phone call from Seung Hyun.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Chae.” He said.

“Yes, oppa?”

“Uh, so, I think I can’t make it to your house this weekend because I have to go outside the town, so maybe I can drop the player now? I have it on my car.”

“Actually you can give it to me anytime, doesn’t have to be now, and also I’m not home right now.”

“Oh you’re out? Where are you? I’m near Myeong dong now.”

“I’m at the coffee club in Myeong dong, oppa.”

“Perfect, Can I give it to you now?”

“If thats okay with you.” she asked.

“Sure! But maybe I will just give it to you and go because I should go to a meeting in two hour.”

“That’s okay, thank you so much!”

She hung up the phone and Dara looking at her with a ‘who was that?’ face.

“You wouldn’t believe who I ran to  accidentally a week a go.” Chaerin said.

“Is that the same person with the one who just called you?”

Chaerin nodded, “Choi Seung Hyun.”

“Holy mother! That mannequin?” Dara knew him obviously, and she always said Chaerin should marry Seung Hyun and they will have baby mannequins.

“Yeah.”

“And he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter