Chapter 8

Fate?

"Tiffany Hwang.... you were a waitress. Why do you want to work here?" Yuri searched the stack of papers for Tiffany's resume, sighing after she finally found it.

"Well... I guess I got bored and want to try something else?" While Tiffany took a her time to answer, Yuri looked through her resume.

"Your education is very high. You even have a degree for business. May I know why you were working as a waitress?" Yuri asked what she was curious of.

"I wasn't a waitress. If you read properly, I wrote there I was the owner of the cafe." Tiffany answered bluntly. Embarrassed by the ambush, Yuri looked at the paper again. She didn't read the part where it said she was the boss of the cafe. 

"Oh? So, why would you want to become a secretary when you're already and owner of a shop? A great one too." Yuri finally looked into Tiffany's eyes, staring at her intensely, seeking for answers. Tiffany blinked her eyes and shifted her eyes away from Yuri's a few times. 

"I didn't want to manage the cafe. I'd like to use what I've learnt in the business course. I want to gain new experience." She answered confidently and smiled. Suddenly, her nervous feelings were all gone. 'It is true what the girl had said earlier. Yuri is kind.' Yuri nodded a few times slowly. Flipping through the paper again, she put it down on her table, having made her decision.

"Okay. You're hired. Welcome to KW Corps." Yuri said as she got up from her seat and held out her hand.

"Really? Thank you so much." she shook hands with her new boss and smiled brightly. "So when do I start?" They sat back down after that and Yuri discussed with her things she expect of her secretary. Her rules and everything else about the company. 

Tiffany was very happy because she got the job. It was her first interview in her entire life and she succeeded unbelievably. "So, I'll come tomorrow morning at 8am?" Yuri nodded with a warm smile that made Tiffany's heart flutters. "Thank you again. See you tomorrow, Ms Kwon." Tiffany bowed, 90 degrees, before leaving the room with a wide grin on her face.

 

Taeyeon looked up from the table when she heard the door clicking and then opening. The girl who had went in for interview not too long ago, came out happily. It made Taeyeon happy to see her happy. At the same time, Yuri also walk out of the room. "Taeyeon-shi. She'll start working tomorrow. Please assist her with her job. Thank you." Yuri told Taeyeon before she continued walking to the toilet.

"Congratulations! The boss has never hired anyone right away after interviewing. She must be really confident in you." Taeyeon congratulated Tiffany, clapping happily for her. 

"Thank you. Please take care of me well. I will go now. See you tomorrow." Tiffany said before bowing to her senior and then leaving the place. She was really happy, but it was soon gone at the thought of Jessica. She was partly afraid that her best friend would be angry at her. 

 

***

 

Yuri splashed water on her face. Tired from the number of interviews. "What are you doing Yuri? You're not supposed to put feelings into your work." she wiped her face with the tissue as she talk to her reflection in the mirror. She was afraid that her father would not agree with her pick of her new secretary. Tiffany didn't have any experience. There were other people more deserving than her, but Yuri's heart keep telling her to hire the girl. She calmed herself down by telling herself that her father shouldn't care who she hires because it is HER secretary and not his.

 

***

 

For the rest of the day, Tiffany went to her cafe for the last day of the job there. In the evening, she dropped by Sooyoung's house. They caught up with things about each other and TIffany even helped Sooyoung unpacked her luggages and helped her clean her room.

"Say, do you have any job recommendation? I need to earn money, you see." Sooyoung asked when they were resting. 

"Nope." It saddened Sooyoung straight away. She was worried she wouldn't be able to find a job fast. "But I do have a job for you." Sooyoung was waiting for one of Tiffany's jokes, not knowing that her cousin was serious about it. "Take over the cafe. I just got a new secretary job. And someone needs to manage the cafe. Only you can. We cannot sell it to other people." Sooyoung's mouth hung open.

"The cafe?? It's now mine?? Are you kidding me?!" She was dumbfounded. She had no thoughts about getting the cafe, knowing Tiffany had a much better chance than her. But now, she is more thankful than excited. "YEAH! I have always wanted to own it!" she hugged her cousin tightly. "I'm gonna change it into a restaurant. And and and, and name it Eat at Soo's!" Tiffany pushed the tall girl away because she was having difficulties breathing.

"Don't you dare do anything to the name! Or I'll take it back from you!" Her finger was pointing at the tip of Sooyoung's nose.

"Crumbs sounds so.... Fine, whatever." She sat back on her bed heavily. 

"Making it into a restaurant is a good idea." Tiffany said to cheer her up a little. Sooyoung smiled and let her body fall behind onto the bed. 

"This is so great!" she waved her hands on her bed cloth, like someone would do in the snow. 

Tiffany hit Sooyoung on the stomach lightly and said, "I'm leaving now. First day at work tomorrow! See you at the cafe for lunch, okay?" 

 

Before sleeping, Tiffany texted Jessica, telling her that she got the job but Jessica didn't reply her. 'Must have slept already. Or... is she sulking? Can't be.'

 

***

 

Jessica was about to close her eyes and go to sleep when her phone vibrated. She groaned, reaching out for her phone lazily. The bright lights from the screen of her phone made her squint her eyes. 

From: Miyoung <3
Jessica! :D I got the job! At you know... :/
Anyway, I'm starting tomorrow. :) 
Eat together at the cafe for lunch, okay? ^^ <3

'Ugh. I should be happy for her. Why don't I feel good?' The blonde pouted and stared at the message. Then, she exited the messages screen and turned off her handphone, sliding it under her pillow. 'I don't like....' She grunted and then went to sleep.

 

TBC

 

sorry for the late update! i'm back from my holiday now! :)
and i know its so short.... 
I'll update SOON!! >.<

kamsahamnida! for subscribing and commenting and reading! :D