Chapter 15

Fate?

Tiffany thought it would be hard being a secretary. After the few days, she was getting the hang of it. It turned to be less demanding than she had expected. Nonetheless, she was happy she decided to take up the jobs. She had no regrets at all. Not even a tiny bit. Her colleagues were all nice to her. Her boss too.

The new girl was starting to enjoy working there.


Lunch time....
Tiffany stopped doing her work and walked to the toilet. She needed to use the washroom.

When walking out of the toilet, she suddenly felt hungry and decided to eat lunch outside. 
'Eat alone? Jessica's in meeting...' Tiffany didn't like the idea of eating alone.

She saw Taeyeon stretching in her seat, and got an idea. She walked up to the girl who's oblivious to her surroundings. Taeyeon didn't even notice Tiffany walking towards her.

'Why do I feel nervous and awkward everytime I'm approaching her?' Tiffany didn't like what she was feeling. She fear rejection and ignorance.

Reaching infront Taeyeon's table, Tiffany knocked her knuckles lightly on the surface of the table to get her attention. Taeyeon, who initially had her eyes closed and was covering , yawning, sat up straight immediately with her eyes wide opened. "Yes, boss!" She nearly shouted.

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon's reaction while Taeyeon covered her face in embarassment. "Yes, Tiffany. What do you want?" Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany stopped giggling and smiled at the still embarassed girl. "Do you want to eat lunch together?" She flashed her eye smile that could make every guy melt and every girl jealous. 

Just like that, Taeyeon was distracted from the question, entranced into the beautful sight infront of her eyes. "Oh my god..." Taeyeon muttered under her breath, her eyes still glued to Tiffany's face.

Not knowing she was the cause of it, Tiffany waved her hand slowly infront of Taeyeon's face. "Taeyeon ah."

Like how any other normal people would react, Taeyeon shook her head off the thoughts and blinked her eyes a couple of times. Even slapping her cheeks lightly. "Sorry. What were you saying earlier?"

Tiffany sighed. "Do you want to go for lunch together?" She had one of her eyebrows tilted up.

"Oh, yeah." Taeyeon answered. "Yeah, sure." She said again, this time nodding her head too and smiling dorkily. She grabbed her purse from inside her bag, then stepped out from behind her desk, and towards Tiffany's side.

"Okay! Let's go!" Tiffany cheered in English. At the same time, thinking, 'Is she always like that?' Visioning Taeyeon zoning out. 'I thought only Jessie does that... hehe.'


On their way to the lift, Taeyeon kept herself behind Tiffany. She felt awkward to walk beside her. She let the girl lead the way.

Tiffany thought she was walking alone because she didn't see Taeyeon anywhere beside her. So, she turned her head around. Relieved to find Taeyeon behind her. "Why are you walking behind me?" She asked, slowing down her pace, getting herself on par with Taeyeon. "Makes me look like some evil boss, when I'm not even your boss."

Taeyeon remained silent and only smiled to whatever Tiffany said.

"Where should we eat? I'm really hungry." Tiffany asked in the elevator.

"I know a place." Taeyeon asked Tiffany for permission to let her lead them.

 

***

 

They took a buse and alighted a few stops later. Tiffany followed anticipatingly, as Taeyeon led the way.

Arriving infront of a not-too-small-not-too-big shop, Taeyeon pushed the glass door open. There was a ringing of a bell. Tiffany was reminded of her cafe immediately, and it made her smile mentally.

Tiffany was awed by the interior design of the shop as soon as she stepped into it. It was not because it's classy, or rich-like looking. It was simple, with light brown tables and chairs. There were pillars with post-its sticked all over it. The lights were not bright, but also not too dim. On the walls, were frames of pictures from the 80's. There was also two cork boards with pin-ups, drawings, and all sort of hand-written stuff. On the side of the shop, was the waist-low cashier table and beside it, a table of the same height, with baskets containing papers, post-its, markers, and pens. On the whole, the shop gave Tiffany a very homely feeling. Even with the temperature just right for the weather.

"Wow." Tiffany mouthed as they sat on one of the tables by the walls.

"Awesome, right?" Taeyeon smiled proudly at herself for choosing the right place.

"Yeah..." Tiffany was still awed. 

"Alright, alright. Close your mouth, or else flies will fly in there." Taeyeon's hand involuntarily pushed up Tiffany's chin gently, closing for her. 

At that moment, Tiffany's eyes met with Taeyeon's. She felt herself blushing and she bowed her head down immediately.

Sensing the awkwardness, Taeyeon stood up. "I'll get the menu."

'Oh my gosh! That was embarassing!' Tiffany frowned as she pinched her own cheeks several times, her face still looking down.

She didn't realise that Taeyeon has already came back and was watching her from behind her chair. 

Taeyeon giggled at her cuteness as she neared the table. "Want me to help you with that?" She offered, placing her hand beside Tiffany's as she come to her from behind.

"No, thanks!" Tiffany was fast enough to shove Taeyeon's hand away. Taeyeon just laughed at her and sat, giving one menu to Tiffany and putting one infront of herself.

Tiffany brought up the menu to cover her face, and made faces, mouthing to herself, 'Oh my god, Tiffany. What's wrong with you!!' She squinched her eyes and knuckled her forehead lightly.

 

It was a quiet lunch between the two, with a short conversation of only a few words from each of them.

"How's working at KW Corps?" Taeyeon had asked.

"It's good. I like working there. The people are friendly." Tiffany smiled as she answered honestly and sincerely. "Including you." She added.

"Haha. Thanks. I'm glad you like working with us." Taeyeon said.


After the lunch, they took the bus back to their workplace. It was silent. But a comfortable one. Both parties didn't mind the silence. Although, Taeyeon wished they were talking more. She wanted to know more about the girl.

 

***

 

Yuri opened the door and let Jessica leave the room first. 

"Bye, Fany~" Jessica waved to her best friend before walking towards the elevator. 

"I'm going to eat. You can go home first. Don't wait for me." Yuri told her secretary. aka Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled, knowing the two were going to have dinner together.

 

"Where are we eating?" Jessica asked when they were in the elevator. 

"A restaurant." Yuri answered, laughing. She herself didn't know yet where to eat.

"Wow, that answers my question perfectly." Jessica gave a sarcastic compliment.

Yuri stopped laughing. "I don't know yet, actually."

"Hmm. So what are we taking? The bus?" The blonde asked another question.

"The bus is always full at a time like this." Yuri glanced at the time on her watch. "Are you afraid of riding bikes?"

Jessica thought for a while. "A little? But, I don't mind." The truth is, she wanted to ride Yuri's bike. She wanted to feel how Tiffany felt the last time. 

"Then, can we take my bike?"

Jessica nodded, giving Yuri her normal blank face.


Jessica put on the helmet Yuri gave her, struggling to buckle it. 

Yuri was already on the bike, waiting for Jessica. She saw Jessica having troubles with fastening the buckles and chuckled softly. "Come here. I'll help you."

Yuri pulled Jessica's wrist gently, making Jessica come closer to her. She adjusted the helmet properly first before buckling it for her. Jessica just stared at Yuri while she do that for her.

Tightening the strap, Yuri's eyes looked up to Jessica's, and they stared at each other for a while until Yuri finished. 

"Done. Get on the back."

Jessica felt herself blushing. She stepped on the foot supporter and pushed herself up, supporting her body weight by holding onto Yuri's shoulder.

For Jessica, it was automatic. She wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist without Yuri having to tell her to. To that, Yuri was smiling to herself madly. "Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah." Jessica answered with uncertainty.

"Don't worry. I'm a safe driver."

Yuri accelerated out of the carpark and onto the road. Jessica was enjoying the breeze, her hands locked with each other tightly.

She was imagining herself doing this everyday with Yuri.

A while later, they were in the carpark and Yuri had parked her bike near the entrance to the shopping mall. 

Jessica got off the bike with ease, without Yuri helping her. And it disappointed Yuri. It seems like she's not new to riding bikes.

Taking off the helmet, Jessica's hair became all messy. Yuri laughed at the sight of her messy hair when she too have taken off her helmet. 

"What?" Jessica asked, wondering what was so funny.

"Your hair is all over the place." Yuri took a step closer to the older girl and neatened her hair for her. Jessica's heart skipped a beat when she felt Yuri's cold fingers touching her face. She was breathing in the pleasant smell from Yuri. And her eyes were staring at Yuri's parted lips. 'So kissable...' She thought.

Yuri caught the blonde staring when she was tucking the girl's hair behid her ears, and glancing towards the pair of eyes infront of her. "Ehem. That's better." Yuri smiled and took back her hands, putting them in her pockets, stepping back at the same time.

"Thanks." Jessica said shyly.


Yuri brought her to a restaurant. One that's surely not cheap but not expensive either. An affordable one.

"Table for two, please." Yuri told the waitress waiting outside for customers.

The waitress took two menus in her hand and led the way. "This way, ma'am." They followed the waitress to a table at the inner end of the restaurant, beside the glass window. She placed the menu on each side of the table while Yuri and Jessica sat on the chairs. "Any mineral water for you?" The waitress asked Yuri, ONLY, smiling at her cheekily.

Jessica saw all that and scoffed quietly, feeling like slapping the shameless waitress. 'Am I invisible now? Can't she see that I'm here?'

"Erm, no thanks." Yuri smiled back at her politely, shaking her head.

Jessica waited for the waitress to walk away, and they both looked at the menu. "It's so obvious she was hitting on you." Jessica mentioned coldly.

"That waitress?" Yuri chuckled. "Well, yeah. I guess I'm too hot. Am I?" She smirked.

"Hell yeah, you are..." Jessica mumbled to herself under her breath. "I don't know. I guess you're okay." Jessica knows herself, better than anyone else, that it was a lie. She couldn't stand Yuri's hotness. And coolness.

Yuri sensed something. "Wait. Are you jealous?" Yuri put down her menu to look at Jessica.

"What? NO! Why would I be?" Jessica purposely brought up her menu higher to hide her face from Yuri. Afraid that Yuri might saw that she was lying.

"Of course, why would you be..." Yuri trailed off, remembering how mad Jessica was the other day when she saw her hugging Tiffany. 'It's me she's jealous of. Not Tiffany..'


They talked over dinner, about nothing but their project.

Yuri finally decided to drop the boring subject. A question she have been wondering about, and the want to know the answer was disturbing her. She stirred her drink with the straw, staring at it. "So... You and Tiffany... Are you two like...together?" Jessica watched as the straw went round and round the cup of drink.

She laughed when she heard Yuri's question, before she stopped laughing and then kept a stern face. "Why do you think we are together?"

"Cause.. I don't know? Well..." Yuri sighed. "Nevermind, just forget that question. I don't have the right to know, anyway. Forget it, forget it." She was waving her hand around infront of her when Jessica pinned her hand down on the table.

"Noooo, we're not together." Jessica's hand was on top of Yuri's. "We're just best friends." 

Yuri stared at her in silence. She was beaming inside when Jessica answered her question, and also because Jessica was touching her hand.

 

After dinner, they walked around the shopping mall for awhile because Jessica wanted to. She wasn't looking for anything to buy. She just wanted to look around the mall as it was her first time there. And she also wanted to spend some time with the girl beside her. 

"Okay, I'm sleepy already. Let's go now." Jessica yawned and looked at the time. It was only 8pm but she was already feeling tired. Well, what's new to her?

"Sure." Yuri walked her to the carpark and to her motorbike.

 

Yuri drived back to her company slowly because she was afraid Jessica would fall from the bike if she fell asleep. 

"Can I send you home?" Yuri asked, worrying about the sleepy girl. "With your car of course."

"No, it's okay. How will you go home after that? I can go home myself." Jessica smiled to Yuri before yawning again. 

"No, I insist. I'll use my company's car then." Yuri thought of another way. "Wait here while I take the keys." 

Jessica sat inside her car while waiting for Yuri. Yuri was right. She couldn't drive herself home. She fell asleep as soon as she rested her head on the head rest of her seat.

In less than five minutes, Yuri was back with the keys. She smiled, seeing Jessica asleep. She drove her company car infront of Jessica's car and stopped there.

She tapped the girl on her shoulder's a few times but she didn't wake up. Sighing, she nervously carried Jessica out and put her in her car. After all that, Jessica still didn't budge. 

Yuri smiled as she walked over to the driver's seat and then going inside the car. 


It was cold and it woke Jessica up. She opened her eyes slowly, and saw herself on the road, in the car. With someone else driving. Turning her head slightly, she was Yuri focused on the road. 'She even look cool while driving...' Jessica smiled and closed her eyes, drifting back to sleep.


Yuri stopped beside Jessica's apartment block and tried to wake the girl up again. But of course, it was of no use. Again, she carried the girl. This time, up to her house. She got the keys in her hand first so that she wouldn't have difficulties searching for them later.

It was tiring carrying her, but Yuri wished that she could do this every day. She stared at Jessica's face features on her way up the elevator. "You're most beautiful when you sleep." She said softly. 

Reaching the front of the door, Yuri struggled opening the door. She kicked the door open and kicked off her shoes before entering into the living room. 

Although it's very dark, she managed to find her way to Jessica's room and placed the girl down on the bed softly. After which, she heaved a sigh of relief and stretched her arms. 

She then switch on the lights, and the air-conditioner. Putting the blanket over the girl, she kissed her forehead lightly before going off. "Goodnight."


Jessica opened her eyes after hearing the door close. She smiled to herself, giggling softly, and touching her forehead. "You are hot, Yuri. I lied." She said to one of her plush toy and kissed it, hugging it and then cuddling to sleep.

 

 

TBC

 

i realised this is a very short update. :/
sorry i kept you waiting! seriously busy! ><

thanks for waiting patiently ^^

btw, saw this guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HhW3RC_Vsg&feature=g-all-u&context=G21d2eebFAAAAAAAABAA

kekekeke. ^^ 
clingy wife sica~

hope you guys like the update.
will update asap! :D

SARANGHAE~~~ <3