Chapter 19

Fate?

"Wait. Jessica." 

Yuri grabbed Jessica's hand before she could took more steps away from her.

"Sorry. I was just annoyed about some things just now." 

She was still holding onto Jessica's small fragile wrist.

"It's okay, Yuri. I understand." Jessica pulled her hand back. It was easy because Yuri didn't held it so tight.

As soon as her hand was free, she thought she could walk away but no, she couldn't.

Yuri didn't know why but she pulled the girl into a hug. Her mind was confused and she just needed some comfort.

Jessica was speechless. Her upset feelings immediately vanished. And she was blushing a little, even though her face still looks cold as always. But slowly, she hugged Yuri back, burying her face in Yuri's shoulder, and letting Yuri rest her chin on her shoulder.

The hug that lasted for a few seconds, felt like it lasted for a lifetime. 

Yuri sniffed after letting go of Jessica hesitantly.

"Thanks."

Jessica just nodded, still not believing that they just hugged. Still speechless.

They walked away from each other awkwardly after another round of goodbyes.

 

'Don't fall for her, Jess. Don't fall for her. She's just trying to make you feel better. She doesn't like you the way you do like her.' Jessica tried to psycho hersel. But she failed. She wanted so much to go back into Yuri's warm hug. It was just a hug, but to her, it meant so much more. Many unspoken words were expressed just through that short hug.

She slammed the door of her car and breathed out a long breath, throwing her bag on the seat beside her. She stared outside through her window for a while. Then, gripping onto the steering wheel, she banged her head lightly on it. "What is happening to me? I can't like her. It's not right." She stomped her feet at the same time.

*Knock knock*

Jessica turned to her window where the knocking sound came from and screamed at the person who added to her frustration. "WHAT?!" 

Her frown slowly fade away when she saw who was staring at her from outside. "Oh. Yuri." She scrolled down the window. 'Since when did she get here?'

"Something wrong with your car?" Yuri asked.

"No, I was just..." Jessica was lost in words. "Err. Thinking..." She quickly started her engine.

"Ahhh, okay. See you soon." Yuri backed away from Jessica's car and waved at the girl inside. 

Jessica smiled back and reversed her car out of the parking lot and then driving out from there. Her smiled faded soon after that as she heaved yet another sigh.

 

 

***

 

 

When Jessica reached home, she was invited by Tiffany, Sunny and Sooyoung. It surprised as she didn't expect them to be there. At her house. Without informing her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked as she kicked off her flats and pushed it beside the shoe rack with her feet.

"Oh. Hey, Sica." Sooyoung looked at the house owner for a while before turning back to the flat television screen, and feeding herself with popcorns. It was the first time Sooyoung came there since she came back from Japan, but she was already treating it like her own home.

Tiffany walked out of the kitchen, bringing a tray of cups and put it on the dining table. "Hey Sica, you're back. Sunny cooked."

Other than herself, only Tiffany have the key to her house. She assumed they must have beed bored and decided to drop by her house and add on to the mess her house already was. They even bought stuff to cook. So, she didn't bother scolding them for not telling her first about their visit. And it's best that they cook in her house. At least her kitchen won't be rusty and dusty, considering she barely uses them.

Jessica took a cup and gobbled down the drink till it's left half full. "Smells nice." She complimented the cooker when heading into her bedroom. 

She just threw her bag on the chair and changed into her home clothes. 

Not bothering to clean the slight mess she just created, she closed her bedroom door and joined Sooyoung in the living room. They watched the new drama that started recently, 'Love Rain', while waiting for Sunny to finish cooking for them.

"Isn't she pretty?" Sooyoung randomly said when the main actress appeared.

"Mmm yeah. Well, all actresses are." Jessica answered. She couldn't disagree with Sooyoung even though she wants to.

"She's my age. But she looks a lot younger. And she got thousands of fans." Sooyoung said with a tone of jealousy, crunching on the popcorn a little harder.

"You're pretty too Sooyoung ah." Jessica chuckled at Sooyoung's actions as she eat a few popcorns too. As soon as she finished her sentence, she realised that she shouldn't have said it.

"Oh really? Well, yeah. I can't deny that." Sooyoung flips her hair. 

"Oh seriously. I was just kidding. Look at the mirror first." Jessica huffed in annoyance, bearing a disgusted look, and she stuffed a few popcorns into the shikshin's mouth before getting up to check on Sunny's food.

"Yahh." Sooyoung tried to shout with full but it only came out as a whimper.

Unfortunately for Jessica, she couldn't get away and was tackled by Sooyoung with her long legs. "Ahhh!"

Sooyoung seized the moment, grabbing the cushion on the sofa behind her immediately and flunged it at Jessica.

The girl grabbed the one that missed her and used it to block other cushions from hitting her face. Meanwhile, laughing and kicking her legs aimlessly in the air, hoping that at least one kick would hit Sooyoung. But her leg was nowhere near the girl.

Tiffany and Sunny heard a lot of noise when bringing the dishes out of the kitchen to serve them on the table. What they initially thought were noises coming from the television, turns out to coming from the two big girls fighting like small children.

"Yah you kids!" Tiffany shouted at them. It doesn't require her a lot of effort since her voice is naturally loud. 

Sooyoung had no more cushions to throw at Jessica at that time so she stopped and leaned against the sofa, continuing her drama watching. "Food is here!" She scurried to the dining table leaving Jessica down there with the mess.

Jessica threw all the cushions back on the sofa and joined them at the dining table.

"I think I saw that girl somewhere before." Jessica said when she saw a glimpse of the main actress on the television again.

"Im Yoona?" Tiffany asked unbelievably, to confirm that the girl she was thinking about was the same person Jessica was refering to.

"I don't know her name. It's that girl in there." Jessica pointed at the television which was screening a doe-eyed girl.

"Im Yoona??" Sunny wanted to know how Jessica saw her. "You saw her? How? When?"

It's hard to catch celebrities roaming around the city of Seoul. Even if they were, they would have been swarmed by fans till you wouldn't be able to see them. Maybe just the crown of their heads. So, Sunny was doubtful when her friend claimed she had seen the famous actress before. 

"Just now? I THINK." Jessica emphasised her 'think' this time. She was sure she saw the same person but it's also unbelievable to her as actresses should be surrounded by a lot of fans, and also bodygaurds. Especially pretty ones like her. "Maybe I remembered wrongly."

"Yeah, how can someone easily see a star like Im Yoona." Tiffany added, but having lived with Jessica for years, she knew well that Jessica never mistake someone for any other people that easily. 

'Even so, why would Yuri be talking to an actress?' Jessica shoved the thought away and started on her food.

 

 

TBC

 

my dearest readers,
i'm sorry i took so long to update.
maybe i should stop apologising cos i'll keep on doing it.
and i'll be saying sorry everytime.
and i wouldn't sound sincere... :<
anyways, you guys would know i'm sorry right? *blinks innocently*

so, i just finished my exams.
and i'm having problems writing. author's block.   .___.
you will wait patiently right? :3

thank you guys for your support!
saranghaeyo~~

^^