Chapter 23

Fate?

Jessica saw Yuri's incoming text from "Yoong~" which says "Hey, I know we're over but we can still be friends right? Anyway, I'm really sorry. You should know I am. ;__;

Thoughts and assumptions flooded her mind. 'Who? She had a boyfriend? Or girlfriend?! And they're over? Is it that actress? So it was her I saw?' Her face remained expressionless after that as she slowly continued to clean the mess lifelessly.

A few moment later, the tanned girl came out from the kitchen, tying her hair up. She thought Jessica looked tired. "You okay? You look like you need some rest."

Startled, Jessica shook her head quickly. "Ani~ Just... daydreaming..." Her voice drifted off. Questions were still hovering inside her mind. "Yuri."

"Hmm?" Yuri raised her eyebrow as she sat on the sofa. 

"This is random. But. Have you er... dated? before?" Jessica wasn't looking at Yuri. She continued wiping the table even though it was already clean.

Yuri chuckled at Jessica's sudden question. "That's really sudden. And random. Well, I..." Yuri thought for awhile.

'She's going to lie.' Jessica thought, noticing how Yuri hesitated.

"I had a girlfriend. Yup, girlfriend. Don't judge me." Yuri looked at Jessica, waiting for her reaction.

Jessica smiled softly, a little disappointed. "Don't worry I won't. I've been growing up with a les."

Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Tiffany. I thought it was obvious." Jessica chuckled a little.

"Ohh." Yuri blinked her eyes a few times. 'That almost kiss...'

"Y-you said had. What happened?" Jessica just wanted to know.

"Mmm. She's very busy. We can't commit."

"So, do you- do you still? Love her?" The girl was like an interrogater, kept shooting questions at Yuri. But Yuri answered her questions comfortably. She was slightly glad that the girl wants to know more about her. And she wants her to know that she had no feelings for anybody else.

"Used to. It's gone after not seeing each other for a long time."

Jessica nodded slowly. "That's a pity.." Jessia didn't know how to respond. She was partly happy because her crush wasn't in love with anybody. But she was also sad for the girl that their break up happened so unfortunately.

Yuri coughed. "So... Now, it's your turn. Tell me more about you." 

Jessica smiled a little, not knowing if she should tell the truth. "I had a boyfriend back in America..." Her voice trembled a little as memories were coming back to her. The memory of how she got hurt. She thought she have gotten over it.

"How did it end?" Yuri looked at her with a pitiful face.

"He. L-left." Jessica's voice cracked and tear rolled down from her left eye. She wiped it, only to have more tears coming out.

Yuri panicked. She didn't know what to do. The girl was crying and it was because she asked about her past. Feeling guilty, she hugged her, apologising as she helped wipe her tears. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"Jessica buried her head in Yuri's shoulder while Yuri let her wet her clothes. Yuri her hair and pats her back softly.

"I'm sorry..." Yuri apologised again when Jessica stopped crying. 

Jessica shook her head that was still rested on Yuri's shoulder. "It's not your fault."

"I promise it won't happen to you again." Yuri assured her, swearing to herself to never leave this girl.

"Sorry I wet your shirt." Jessica said as she sat back up slowly. Her eyes were slightly swollen from the crying and her nose red.

"It's okay. Do know that I'll always lend you my shoulder to lean or cry on." Yuri smiled sincerely, making Jessica chuckle a little.

"Thanks, Yuri."

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri left in the late afternoon after she cooked Jessica porridge while the sick girl slept. She also left a note before she left, saying,' I have to go already. Reheat the porridge after you wake up. And make sure you finish it. I have my eyes on you. xD Hope you like it. Take care and see you. :) '

 

 

***

 

 

That evening, Tiffany was watching the television while texting to her colleague. Taeyeon to be exact. After a few dinners together after work, the two had become closer and text each other almost every hour, apologising for late replies, reminding each other to eat, sometimes discussing about work, and even gossiping about people around them. Tiffany was complaining to Taeyeon how annoying Jessica become when she can't meet Yuri. They all knew that Jessica like, or maybe even crazy over, their boss. Jessica was never good at hiding things.

Just when she was talking about their boss, Yuri called her. 'Wow speaking of the devil.' She wondered what was it that made Yuri call her on a late evening Saturday. 

"Hello, boss." Tiffany giggled.

"Hey, Tiffany. I've got something to ask. It's about Jessica." 

"Ohhhh. I see. You like her? And you want to know if she's single?" Tiffany joked.

"That's not it. Just now, she cried when I asked her if she dated before." Yuri sighed.

Tiffany gasped as she sat up straight. "What?! Why did you ask her that??"

"We were talking. I didn't know... Is it that bad?" Yuri got more worried and guilty. 

"It's her ex we're talking about. That . She was under depression for more than a month!" Tiffany sounded angry and it scares Yuri more.

"I... I didn't know."

"It's okay, I don't blame you." Tiffany softened a little after realising how loud she was. "She's still in the process of getting over it. But she have moved on, trust me."

Yuri nodded even though she knew the brunette can't see her. "Okay. I panicked. I didn't know why she started crying. But I think she's okay now. So she don't love him anymore?"

"100% sure about that. Yuri. Do you like her?" Tiffany asked again.

"Mhmm." Yuri answered shyly.

"Can I trust you? I don't want history to repeat itself." Tiffany was just testing Yuri to see how much she honestly like her best friend.

"I won't hurt her, Tiffany. I swear. I like her a lot." Yuri confessed.

"Hmm. Better don't. Or you'll die in my hands."

Yuri gulped. "Alright boss.."

Tiffany chuckled. "Just kidding. But I'll hate you forever if you do."

"I know. Thanks, Tiffany."

"You're welcome. Call me if you need help with that blonde, alright?"

"Sure. Thanks, again. Bye. See ya." Yuri smiled.

"Bye. See you too." Tiffany ended the call and immediately went back to texting Taeyeon, spilling out her conversation that she just had with Yuri as she laughed to herself. 'I knew they'd like each other. I can be a fortune teller.'

 

 

TBC

 

 

I'm back, readers! 
and yeah i know this update is super short. 
cos i think the next part is better to be put in a new chapter. x)
i'll update soon! real soon!
stay tuned~

thanks for waiting patiently(or not) guyss <3 ^^