Chapter 4

Fate?

"Where do you think you're going?" Jessica stopped Yuri from leaving.

'Why does she always have to act cool and tough?' Tiffany thought.

"Home?" Yuri gave Jessica the 'duh' look.

"I'm sending you home." Yuri opened to reject Jessica's offer but was stopped by her, again. "No exceptions." Yuri sighed and walked towards Jessica and Tiffany. Both of them started walking to the carpark while Yuri followed a few distance behind them. They walked slowly so that they wouldn't be too far off ahead of Yuri.

"Even sending her home." Tiffany whispered to Jessica, earning herself a slap on her arm from Jessica.

Yuri at the back can't help but wonder what was Tiffany telling Jessica, but she just shrugged it off, assuming it was just Tiffany making fun of Jessica.

 

***

 

"Thanks for sending me home." Yuri said as she alighted infront of a huge house where she asked Jessica to stop at. Jessica just nodded and watch Yuri going into her house before driving off.

"Wow. The ice princess have gotten more kind, huh?" Tiffany giggled.

"What? I'm always like this." Jessica complimented herself. Tiffany scoffed at her.

"You wouldn't allow me a few minutes to get that shoe and now you're even willing to send the Yuri girl to the hospital and back home. Don't tell me.... You like her?"

"Don't talk rubbish, will you? I hit her, didn't I? Of course I have to take responsibility." Jessica scolded her friend, making a sharp turn around the corner, making Tiffany slide to the right side of her seat. "Besides, I'm straight, okay? Unlike you..." She added, trying to stop her friend from imagining things.

"Excuse me? Unlike me? Alright, I'm gay. So what? Be thankful that I didn't fall in love with you. Oh, wait. Nobody would."

"What?? Just wait and see me make someone fall in love with me." 

"Oh I will wait and watch you do that. With bowls of popcorns. Thousands of em. Cos I bet it will take years until you probably can."

They argued until they reached Tiffany's apartment.

 

"Okay, get out now." Jessica said harshly.

"Fine. Bye J! See you tomorrow." Tiffany smiled and waved at Jessica who just stuck out her tongue at Tiffany in return.

 

***

 

The following Monday, Jessica dropped by the cafe before she go to work, as per usual. Tiffany was smiling at her when she saw the girl walking towards the counter like she always does. It is her routine.

"Here's your coffee, ma'am." Jessica can't help but smile back at her friend. She took out some cash and paid for her coffee before taking the cup from Tiffany.

"Thanks. See you later for lunch." Jessica waved to Tiffany before leaving for her work place which is at the building just beside the cafe.

No matter how badly they fight and argue, they will get back to normal eventually. And incredibly, it doesn't need either of them to apologise to the other. They just know that they are both joking and that the fight didn't mean anything. Furthermore, they can't stay away from each other for long and they need each other. Don't mistook them as lesbian couples. They have been close since childhood. They are more than just BFFs. They see each other as sisters that God forgot to give them.

 

***

 

Yuri was not fond of driving cars. She prefers riding motorcycles. She loves the rush. But because her motorcycle is at the workshop under polishing job, and she will not be getting it only until two days later, she had to use the spare car her father had bought for their family.

On her way to work, she stopped by the side of the road near the cafe to get some coffee. Driving the car had made her feel a little sleepy. When walking to the cafe, she had her eyes on the ground. Her mind was back to the laptop incident.

Due to the distraction in her mind, she didn't saw what was coming infront of her and walked into someone.

The same person whom she was just thinking of.

"Oh! Jessica-shi! Mianhe!" The poor girl now had coffee all over her shirt.

 

Jessica was blowing her hot coffee when suddenly someone banged her. She was about to throw some curse at the person before she looked up and realised who it was. 

"You again??" she groaned, can't be bothered by the accident that just happened. Wiping her shirt with nothing but her bare hands, she huffed and stomped off. She threw the cup which still had some coffee left, into the dustbin, on her way to the car which was parked by the roadside.

'What a way to start the day.' she thought.

 

'Well, I already said sorry...' Yuri shrugged off and continued her way to the cafe. 

She approached Tiffany who was standing behind the counter, staring into the order machine.

"Excuse me...." Yuri said, looking at Tiffany's name tag. "Tiffany-shi."

 

"Yes, can I have your order?" Tiffany was snapped out of her daydream and quickly get ready to take her customer's order. Yuri remained silent, waiting for Tiffany to look up at her.

Tiffany put her hand over as she yawned and glanced at the customer who was still not saying out his/her order. She nearly thought she was dreaming because there was no replies. It was only then that she realised it was Yuri.

"Ah yes, what do you want to have?" she asked again, nervously. Yuri was staring at her deeply.

"You are Jessica's friend. Right?" Yuri's eyebrows knit and she rubbed her chin with her finger.

"Neh." Tiffany nodded, adjusting her fringe which was not even messy in the first place. 

"Can I ask... Where does she work at?" Yuri had got a plan in her head. To be polite, Tiffany answered Yuri's question honestly. "That tall building just beside here?? Jung Tradings???" Yuri couldn't believe what she just heard and asked again to confirm, even pointing her finger to the direction of the building.

'What's wrong with these people?' Tiffany thought as she was reminded of Jessica's reaction when she read Yuri's namecard. She simply nodded and asked Yuri for her order again. 

"Just a coffee." Yuri had a blank look on her face. She still could not believe that Jessica is working in the company that her company had been competing with all year.

'But I still have to pay her back somehow.'

 

***

 

Jessica was thankful that she had kept an extra set of clothes in her car. She always knew that a day like this is going to come. She headed to the staff toilet as soon as she stepped into her office.

Her employees were bowing at her and greeting her as she passed by but she just ignored them. However, it was not something they were not used to. Nobody have ever expected her to greet them back, or even smile back at them. Their previous boss, Mr Jung, have warned them about Jessica's behaviour before Jessica started working here. And they never talked bad about Jessica.

 

A few minutes passed after Jessica had went into her room. The lift opened again and a lady walked out of it. The workers all gasped at the sight of the person walking towards them. They all knew she was the boss of their company's No.1 rival, but they greeted her somehow to show basic manner and respect.

It was Yuri.

She walked to the secretary's table and asked for Jessica. At the same moment, Jessica's door opened, and the boss of the place, walked out of her room with a few files in her hand. She was too busy flipping over the files to notice Yuri's presence.

"Secretary Lee." she said as she was reaching her secretary's table. Her eyes was still glued on the files and she have yet to realise Yuri was standing right infront of her.

When she looked up, she was taken aback by the figure infront of her. 

"Ah, Ms Jung. There-" her secretary was about to tell her about Yuri wanting to see her but was cut off.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica's attention was on Yuri and she asked sternly, with coldness in her voice. Yuri brought the cup of coffee she had bought for Jessica up to their face.

"Your coffee which I have accidentally spilled. Sorry for that." Yuri forced a smile on her face.

"Hmm. Secretary Lee. Take it and put it on my desk." With her eyes still on Yuri's, Jessica instructed the girl who was just sitting looking at both of them. 

"Neh." The short girl bowed to them before taking the coffee from Yuri and headed to Jessica's room.

"Thanks. I have work to do, you see. So... I'd appreciate it if you leave now." Jessica said coldly, and she too, faked a smile, bringing up the files in her hand.

Yuri scoffed. "Ah I have no plans of staying either." She said before turning around to leave the place.

'Aish. What is it with that girl?? I was just paying her back. Sheesh.' she thought as she took quick steps out of the place.

 

***

 

In Jessica's office room....

"Ms Jung, didn't you want to see me earlier?" her secretary knocked on the door and said as she entered the room. 

"Why are you talking formally, Sunny? And yes. This." Jessica handed the files she was going to give Sunny earlier before being interrupted by Yuri.

"Well, I had to be careful that no one hears." Sunny took the sit infront of her boss. Or her friend.

When Jessica and Tiffany came back to Korea from America a few years ago, they studied in the same University as Sunny. That was how they became friends. Close friends. Jessica had recommended the two to work with her. Sunny accepted but Tiffany declined the offer. Tiffany wanted to do something else first before joining the business industry.

 

While Sunny flipped through the pages of the file, Jessica went back to staring at the cup of coffee. Sunny saw that and peeped into the cup. The cup was still full of milk coffee, and was not yet touched by Jessica.

"Aren't you gonna drink that? It will get cold soon." Jessica was shaken a little but she maintained her blank face and looked back up at Sunny. After a few seconds, she spoke out.

"I don't want to. You drink it."

"Wae??" Sunny was curious and took the cup and look into it to see if there was anything wrong with the drink. Then, she remembered that it was from Kwon Yuri, their enemy. "She said something about spilling your coffee just now. That's why you changed clothes." She finally understood the situation.

"Are you always this slow?" Jessica had her eyebrows raised.

"Shut up. Well, just drink it. She was just paying you back for her mistake."

"Ah sirheo!" Jessica screamed back at Sunny, hitting her feet on the ground like a child. 

"Fine. I'll throw it away. Don't regret okay?" Sunny took back the cup and walked to the door to leave the room.

"Wait!" Jessica called her back, causing Sunny to turn around.

'I knew it.' Sunny thought, smiling.

"Give it to me. I'm thirsty." the blonde said like there was nothing else she had in mind, but the short girl knew well.

"Excuses..." Sunny muttered under her breath and smiled to herself as she went back to Jessica to give back the cup of drink to her.

"Stop imagining okay, Sunny." Jessica said as she took a sip from the cup. The coffee had became warm enough for her to drink. So, she continued drinking. Sunny shook her head as she look at her friend, and then left to her table with the files.

 

TBC

 

just a short update!
will update soon! ^^

thanks for subscribing! & do comment! :))