Chapter 3

Fate?

The lift door opened.

They gasped.

It was full and they had to wait for another one. Sighing, they moved back and Jessica pressed the button again after the door closed.

 

***

 

Yuri literally dragged herself to her black Yamaha YZF-R6. She zipped up her leather jacket to the top and tied up her hair before putting on her black helmet. She decided not to wear her gloves as she was feeling rather stuffy. After getting on the bike, she the engine and started driving slowly.

As she drove past the lift lobby, she noticed two familiar figures and stopped where she was. She turned her head and opened the pro shield of her helmet to take a better look of the two ladies who was just exiting the lift lobby and walking into the carpark.

'I thought she was busy...' she squinted her eyes and confirmed that it was Jessica and her waitress friend.

'Pfft. Must be too mad to even see me. Whatever.' She slammed closed her shield and rode off again.

 

***

 

"Hello? Can you please stop babbling? I am sending you home, aren't I? Anyway, you can always go there another time." Jessica said to her friend who was still nagging about being dragged out and not getting to look at the shoes she was interested in buying.

"What if it's sold out??" she whined again.

"There's a million other shoes in this world. I still have work to do! And setting up a new laptop is not that fast you know!" Jessica screamed at the girl, shutting her up finally.

"Hmph." Tiffany folded her arms and looked up at the road, and yelled, "Watch out!" But it was too late.

A light thud was heard.

 

It was already yellow light, meaning drivers have to slow down. But because Jessica was busy arguing with her friend, she didn't concentrate on the road. When the light turned red, she stepped on the brake pad a little too late and hit a motorcycle infront of her. Lightly.

The motorcycle jerked forward a little before slowly falling to its side, along with its rider.

Jessica and Tiffany screamed in shock. Even they were thrown from their seat a little to the front due to the sudden brake.

"Wow. I thought I was riding a roller coaster." Tiffany managed to joke, making the both of them laugh for a few seconds.

Jessica's forehead creased as she turned to her friend. They checked each other if they were okay and then got out of the car. 

 

The motorcyclist had already freed her left leg which was stuck under his bike. Or rather HER bike.

She got up with slight difficulties and successfully carried her bike back up, kicking the kickstands down with her right leg, and made the bike stand. Using only her right leg, she jumped backwards to the pavement and took of her helmet, letting her silky black hair fall onto her shoulders.

It always happens. She had purposely tied her hair up loosely because she prefers her hair let down. So, when she opens her helmet, the rubber band always come off. 

Her face was showing one of a person in pain.

'Oh god. This is my favourite bike.' She pressed her hands on her forehead, looking at the scratches on the side of her bike.

 

'A female??' Jessica was surprised when she saw the biker had long hair.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she approached the female biker. She was feeling sorry for she was not driving safely and had caused an accident, although it was a minor one.

The biker turned around to her. The reaction of the two was indescribable.

"You? Again??" Jessica's worried look changed to an awed one as she met, yet again, with her enemy. 

"Yeah... I see now it's you who caused the accident." Yuri said, bending down and dusting off her left leg.

 

During the small conversation, Tiffany took one big round around the car to get to the safer side of the road, at the pavement, where Jessica and the biker were at.

"Yup. I see that too..." Inside, Jessica was screaming and thinking, 'Why does it have to be my fault?!
"Sorry for... this." she couldn't think of the right word for the situation and just apologised, a little frustrated.

"It's okay. I am fine. Are you?" Yuri answered Jessica's previous question and asked back the same thing. Jessica just nodded, giving her usual poker face.

 

Again, Tiffany was just standing at the side, watching them. She just had the feeling that she must not interfere those two. She was fanning herself because it was starting to feel heaty in the afternoon.

"Okay, then. I'll leave first." Yuri waved at Jessica who didn't respond to her, and then to Tiffany who returned her with her best eye smile despite feeling hot. She tied up her hair again before walking slowly to her bike. Or rather limping slowly.

A pang of guilt hit Jessica when seeing how Yuri was not able to walk properly. She bit her lips and thought for a while.

"Excuse me." she called out loudly, gaining Yuri's, and also Tiffany's, attention. "Are you... Can you ride your bike? You're... limping, you see?" Her face went back to her worried look as she pointed at Yuri's injured leg.

"Wait." Jessica slipped her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number.

Tiffany at the side just stared at Jessica in astonishment.

'Wow. Since when did she learn to worry about other people?'

 

***

 

Jessica kept glancing at the rearview mirror to check on Yuri. She was sitting uncomfortably and was just looking out of the window. Tiffany, who was sitting beside the driver's seat, noticed Jessica's actions and just smiled to herself.

This time, Jessica made sure she followed the signals and drive properly although she was feeling a little pressurised by Yuri's presence in the car.

 

She reversed her car into an empty lot, making sure she do it perfectly so that the car is aligned with the lines. When it comes to making things perfect, she was never lazy to do it even though it will require her to do it a few times. Tiffany sometimes call her paranoid.

"We're here." She announced their arrival at the hospital after turning off the car engine.

"You know? You really don't have to do-" Yuri started saying but was interrupted by Jessica.

"We're already here, aren't we? I would feel guilty if I don't. Is it so hard for you to just follow? It's for your own good, anyway." Jessica said while Tiffany shook her head slightly at Yuri, signaling her to not say anything else. Yuri sighed in defeat and opened the door of the car.

Jessica went to Yuri's side when Yuri stepped out of the car. Hesitantly, she wrapped her arm around Yuri's waist and took Yuri's hand, putting it around her neck to help Yuri walk. 

She cringed a little at Yuri's weight and called for Tiffany's help after walking a few difficult steps.

"Tiff! Come help me!"

"I can walk by myself, you know." Yuri was about to remove her arm from Jessica but Jessica was holding onto her hand tightly. She gulped.

"Can you just shut up?" Jessica glared at her before calling for Tiffany again. Tiffany came to Yuri's other side and just held her back, not really helping much.

To Yuri, they were not making it any easier for her. She very much wants to walk by herself but Jessica won't allow her to.

 

***

 

While Yuri was being checked on by the doctor, Jessica did the paper work with Tiffany accompanying her.

"I'm gonna take driving lessons soon so I can drive... properly." Tiffany glanced at her friend when she mumbled the last word to herself. 

"I heard that, okay. It was just a small accident. And it was because of you!" Jessica said, giving Tiffany her famous icy glare. Yup. Famous because she always have that face on her. Her employers rarely see her smiling at work. She was even called Ice Princess by many. She knew but it doesn't bother her a tiny bit.

 

Jessica signed the paper roughly, showing slight anger, and gave the clipboard back to the nurse attending to her at the counter.

"Ugh. So troublesome. Why must it be me at fault??" She complained to the innocent Tiffany, hating to be the wrong one.

"At least you did the right thing. Just like how she paid you back for your laptop, you brought her to the hospital... Sent her bike to the workshop... I didn't know you'd be this kind." Tiffany tried to bring a positive thinking in her friend. Jessica's lips curved a little to one side, forming a weak smile but her face was still as icy as ever. "Just smile if you want to, Jess. Does it hurt to take off that blank expression of yours? Huh, ice princess?" Tiffany nudged Jessica by the shoulder, causing a shy smile to creep up on the girl's face.

 

Just then, Yuri came out of the room. Her left ankle was bandaged and she was still limping. A little difference could be seen from earlier. Tiffany and Jessica stood up from their seats with questioning looks on their face.

"Just a sprain. Thanks for everything. I'll be going now." Yuri waved to them again with her hand which was holding onto her leather jacket while the other hand was not free, hugging onto her helmet.

She turned to leave.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jessica stopped Yuri in her tracks.

 

TBC

 

yeay! chapter 3!

will update soon!!

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING! ^^
love you all! <3