Chapter 25

Fate?

Yuri woke up to the bright lights seeping through the curtains. She squinted. She was trying to sit up when she felt something pulling her down. Rubbing her eyes, she glanced down and found a pair of hands wrapped around her waist.

She blinked and looked beside her.

'Am I dreaming?' She blinked her eyes hard, mesmerized by the beauty right infront of her. 

Gently, Yuri pulled Jessica's hands from her waist.

"Yuri.." Jessica whimpered, making Yuri stop what she was doing immediately. Her eyes widened.

The girl slowly opened her eyes and smiled. "Yuri."

"Sica." Yuri was still astounded. She was afraid if Jessica is mad at her.

"I love you." Yuri's heart softened when she heard those words.

"I love you too." She gave Jessica a light peck on the nose, sending her blood to her cheeks. 

"Really?" Jessica asked in a groggy voice. Her just-woke-up voice.

"Really." Yuri nods, receiving a peck from Jessica on her lips.

Jessica hugged Yuri tighter and snuggles herself in Yuri's neck.

 

 

***

 

 

"The two ditched us." Tiffany scoffed as she sipped her coffee.

"Let them, Fany." Taeyeon tried to stop Tiffany's long complaints.

"I still can't believe she didn't tell me!"

Sooyoung shakes her head and continues eating. There were never any secrets between Jessica and Tiffany. She was not surprised that Tiffany got angry over something quite obvious which everybody would know.

"They're not together!" Taeyeon screamed back at her. Tiffany gasped.

"You screamed at me, Taeyeon?" She glared at Taeyeon in disbelief. "Tae. Did you just screamed at me??"

Taeyeon blinked her eyes, not expecting the girl to turn everything on her.

"Shut up, Hwang!" Sooyoung got frustrated because she couldn't enjoy her meal and stuffed a piece of chicken nugget into Tiffany's mouth.

Sunny and Taeyeon tried to hold in their laughters.

"YAHHH!!"

"Yah. What's with all the commotion?" Jessica walked up to them with Yuri close behind her.

Tiffany who had the nugget spat out glared at Jessica. The girl who just came was confused. She didn't know what she did wrong.

"You.." Tiffany hissed.

"Hey, Yuri. Jessica. Have a seat!" Sunny interrupted Tiffany and pushed the empty chairs out for the two latecomers.

"You guys didn't wait for us." Yuri said, seeing empty plates on the table.

"No. It's just Sooyoung." Sunny defended the innocent ones.

Sooyoung just stick out her tongue at Yuri and continues eating her food. 

Jessica yawned. "What's new?"

"I'm impatient when it comes to food." Sooyoung shrugged in return.

"Heard that a lot." Tiffany added and Jessica nods, agreeing with her.

The others just laughed at the trio.

 

After the lunch, they went shopping at a mall which is one of the tourist attractions. A lot of celebrities go there to shop too.

Because everyone wants to look for different things, they ended up splitting into groups. Jessica was with Tiffany, Yuri with Taeyeon and Sunny with Sooyoung. 

Jessica and Tiffany were busy looking for shoes, their partners lost them in the huge mall. So, Yuri and Taeyeon ended up sitting at a cafe after trying to look for them for 15 minutes and neither of the American girls were answering their phone calls.

They were drinking coffee and talking casually about their job and life when someone came up to them.

"Yoona." Yuri said when she looked up and saw her ex standing infront of her table.

"Hey Yuri. Taeyeon." The girl waved at Taeyeon who smiled and waved back at her. "Care if I join you two?"

Yuri looked over Yoona's shoulder, seeing two black-suited guys with sunglasses watching her. She nodded.

"What are you doing here alone?" Yuri asked.

The girl answered, "I had an autograph session at the hotel opposite and decided to shop for a while. And I saw you. Two." Taeyeon chuckled softly when Yoona added the 'two'. 

"Then why are you sitting here?" Yuri asked rather coldly.

"Just wanna..." Yoona's voice trailed off. "Can you accompany me shop? It's boring and awkward shopping alone.."

Yuri was about to open and declined when Yoona pleaded her, blinking her eyes. "Please.." Yuri sighed. Yoona knew her weakness.

"Taeyeon, you wanna come along?" Yuri slowly stood up from her seat.

Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm fine. I'll just wait here." She smiled, a little worriedly.

Yuri nodded before following Yoona reluctantly. 

 

They started walking by shops after shops, walking into some when there were items attracting her.

"Hmm. I missed this." Yoona said softly as she walked closer to Yuri who was not paying attention to her and was just looking around aimlessly. "Yuri." Her hand slowly and gently hold Yuri's. 

Yuri was surprised at the sudden holding of hands and unconsciously shake Yoona's hand off. "What are you doing??" She was frowning.

Yoona sighed softly, pulling her hand back. "I'm sorry. I didn't realise I did that."

Yuri shook her head and sighed, walking slightly ahead of Yoona. Hurt was what Yoona was feeling. 

Yuri shaking her hand off. It kept repeating in her mind and broke her heart more and more. Never before have she seen this side of Yuri before. The girl really had changed. And it's because of her. 

They continued walking a while more before Yoona started talking again. "So, how have you been lately?"

"Good."

"How's work?" Yoona asked next.

"Good too."

"Any upcoming projects?"

"Yup."

"Oh. Hwaiting.."

"Thanks."

Yoona sighed again softly. 

"Nothing else you wanna ask?" Yuri asked with sarcasm.

"No..." The other girl shook her head slowly. 

"Done shopping?" 

"Hmm, neh." Yoona had no mood to continue shopping anymore. She couldn't bear Yuri's coldness towards her.

They walked back to the cafe where Taeyeon was waiting for them at.

 

"Thanks for the accompany, Yuri." They stood at the side of the cafe, a few metres away from Taeyeon.

"You're welcome. Sorry for just now. I was just taken aback.." Yuri apologised, a little insincerely.

"It's okay." Yoona shook her head slightly. "Hope to see you around again."

Yuri nods, avoiding eye contact with her. 

"Thank you, again." Yoona mustered the courage and hugged Yuri lightly. She didn't have any hope on seeing that girl again so she wanted to hug her for the last time.

Although surprised, again, Yuri didn't push her away. Instead, she closed her eyes and pats Yoona's back gently. 

Yoona's hands tugged onto Yuri's shirt lightly when she felt Yuri hugging her back. "Yoona." She heard Yuri calling her and she pulled away immediately, sniffing in her almost tears.

"Annyeong." Yoona waved at Yuri briefly and walked away at that instant. She didn't want to cry infront of her ex.

 

 

***

 

 

"Where are you guys?" Tiffany screamed into the phone, trying to be louder than the crowd.

"At Starbucks. Level 1. Near the entrance." Tiffany pressed the phone onto her ear trying to catch what Taeyeon said. 

"Starbucks??" She asked to confirm.

"Yess." Taeyeon answered and they hung up after that.

"Starbucks." Tiffany turned to Jessica and said. "Kajja." She grabbed hold of the blonde's hand and pulled her out of the crowd and to the elevator.

They walked to the cafe, each carrying a few shopping bags. 

They were walking and talking, arguing about the things they bought.

"I saw it first so it's mine." Tiffany stuck her tongue out at Jessica.

"That's unfair! You already have that kind of dress." Jessica whined back.

"It's different!" Tiffany denied.

"Same!" 

"No!"

Tiffany was waiting for Jessica to scream back at her but there was none. She glanced at her best friend and saw a stoned girl.

Jessica had stopped walking and was staring, slightly gaped. Her eyes were showing mixed feelings. Even Tiffany couldn't read it. Tiffany turned her head to look at what she was looking at and saw two girls hugging. Yuri hugging the female actress she was praising some weeks ago.

She turned back her face to Jessica. "Jessi.."

"What is.. this..." Jessica breathed heavily and slowly. 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

OTL this is short. 
author's brain is blocked atm. ><
hope you guys understand.... orz

thanks for waiting, anyway~ <3 <3 <3