Chapter 14

Fate?

"Oh, shut up." Jessica got up and went into her bedroom to take the cup of water Yuri had left for her. 

"Keke. What happened to you? How did you get into an accident?" Tiffany started her interrogation.

"Accidentally stepped on the emergency brake. But my car was initially moving slow." Jessica sipped some water. "A motot hit me from the back. I mean, the back of my car. My neck must have been strained. Maybe that's why i felt so dizzy..."

"How did you accidentally step the brake??" Tiffany continued, switching on the television at the same time.

"Blame your cousin! She gave me a shocking news!" Jessica screamed though her 'not so strong' condition. "Ouch..." She pressed her temples after that, feeling the pressure inside her head due to shouting.

"Haha. Yeah, she told me about that. I also think that Yuri likes you." 

"Ppppuh!" Water inside Jessica's mouth spurted out as she choked while drinking. "You and Sooyoung... Are you two trying to kill me??" She drank more water to soothen .

"What? We're just telling you what we know." Tiffany held her hands out, as though surrendering. "Or feel." Her eyeballs averted to the top right.

The blonde rolled her eyes at the girl and laid down on the sofa. She let her eyes close, opening it back immediately when she remembered something.

"Hey, what happened the other day?" She asked, a little bitterly. She was afraid of what it might be. She was afraid that she might get hurt.

Tiffany was clueless as always. "What do you mean what happened?"

Jessica gave Tiffany her poker face, thinking that Tiffany was pretending. "The thing that you guys were hugging for earlier!" She dragged her last word with frustration, puffing out air after that. 

"Ahhh...." Tiffany was brought back to the incident where she and Yuri almost kissed. 'How do I tell her that?!' She screamed mentally. Jessica's intense staring at her made her feel more uneasy. "Erm..." She thought of how to place her words carefully so that the girl won't misunderstand.

Meanwhile, Jessica waited patiently. Or maybe not.

"What?" Jessica had asked her coldly, again.

"Well..." Tiffany in a deep breath. "We accidentally almost kissed." She said it all quickly, as fast as a bullet train, wanting to get it over with. 

"WHAT?" Jessica's eyes widened.

"ACCIDENTALLY!" Tiffany screamed back. "And ALMOST!" She then winced, and closed her ear, getting ready to hear another scream from Jessica. Unexpectedly, the girl just sat and sigh.

"Omo. Danial Henney!" Jessica put back her drink on the table and stared into the television screen, after seeing her favourite male idol starring on the show they were watching.

 

***

 

Everything went on as normal. Jessica didn't make a big fuss about the incident. And she forgot about it too.

She spent the last weekend of the week at the hospital, paying bills for the guy she injured, and then staying at home, thinking of some ideas for their project. She kept herself busy so that her mind won't think of things she shouldn't be bothered with at that time.

The next day, Jessica went to her company early in the morning to take some important files before going to Yuri's office, where they had planned to have their first meeting at.

She was utterly surprised to find people greeting her as soon as she stepped through the automatically opened door. Being the way she always is, she ignored the people and kept her icy expression, returning them with glares.

"Why did boss even ask us to greet her? She didn't even stress about greeting when other better CEOs came...." 

"That's what I was thinking too... Stucked up B."

"Hey, be careful what you're saying. Walls have ears too, you know." 

Jessica accidentally heard the loud whispers from the staffs at the counter when she entered the lift. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

Even when she reached the floor Yuri told her to go to, there was a staff inviting her and showing her the direction to the room. "Thanks." She said to the lady sincerely, though coldly. 'Wow, she trained her workers well...' Jessica thought. Passing by Tiffany's table, she wiggled her eyebrows at the girl and smiled at her. Tiffany smiled back at her with her finest eyesmile. 

She knocked on Yuri's door. The one that had the plate with the word 'Director' carved on it.

 

***

 

The first thing Yuri did when she got to her workplace was clean up her messy desk and tidied up the table and sofa. 

She kept rearranging the stuffs on her desk for more than half an hour until she was satisfied with it. After that, she called Taeyeon in and asked her to inform everybody that the boss of Jung Tradings is coming and that everybody should greet her if they see her.

She also instructed one of her staff to make coffee for them when Jessica have arrived. 

 

From outside, Tiffany noticed how tensed up Yuri was, making sure her room is in a right state.

'See, Jess? I told you she likes you.' She giggled to herself. The thought of people seeing her laughing to herself came up and she looked around if anybody saw. She caught Taeyeon smiling at the screen of her computer. 

Tiffany looked back at her computer screen and covered her face with her hands, astonished. 'Why is she smiling? Did she saw me? Oh my god. This is so embarassing...' Her cheeks flushed red as she blushed at the thought of Taeyeon seeing her giggling to herself.

 

Taeyeon's eyes unknowingly moved towards Tiffany's direction while she was thinking of the works she have to do. It just proved to her that she was not concentrating in her work when she saw Tiffany watching their boss through the windows and then giggling to herself, causing Taeyeon to smile as she averted her eyes back to her computer screen. 'Why do you have to be so cute? You're going to get me fired.'

Taeyeon started with her work, trying her best not to be distracted by Tiffany. Despite that, she still stole a few glances from the girl.

 

Not too long after Yuri sat on her chair to rest for awhile after cleaning like crazy, her office phone started ringing. Grunting, she answered the phone.

"Ms Jung have just arrived, boss. She just got up the elevator." Her staff from below told her. The minute she heard that Jessica's here, her body straightened while still sitting on the chair.

"Ah, arasso. Gomawoyo Jihyun-shi."

After putting down the phone, she touched up her desk a little and stay seated, waiting for Jessica to come. Keeping herself calm at the same time. However, it didn't help at all.

The moment there was a knock on the door, she was startled and jumped out from her seat, screaming inside her head. 'She's here!!!' She took in a deep breath. 'Calm down...'

"Come in." She shouted from where she was sitting. And in came the ice princess.

Jessica was dressed normally but somehow, Yuri was stunned by her appearance. She had a different feel. A calm, composed one, and there wasn't any icy aura given off from her. 

"Ah, Jessica... Please, sit." Yuri said awkwardly, pointing at the sofa for her guests. She took the files which she had prepared on her desk for the project and went over to the armchair. She only sat down after Jessica had settled down. "Is working here okay with you?"

Jessica just nodded as she took out her files and put her bag beside her.

"Please tell me if you feel uncomfortable." Again, she just nodded. Yuri was feeling uneasy because she was the only one talking. "Ehem." She coughed softly before saying, "So, err.... Any... ideas?"

"Yup, I do have some."

'Finally, I got her to talk.' Yuri thought after Jessica finally said something. Yuri watched as Jessica opened her notebook to a certain page before putting it on the table facing her. 

"Here's a few that I thought of yesterday..." Jessica pointed at the writings on the paper.

Instead of reading the words for the idea, Yuri was admiring Jessica's neat and nice handwriting. She slapped herself mentally, glancing at Jessica, and then focused herself on work. Her head bobbed up and down as she read through the ideas Jessica had penned down on the book.

"It's all not bad. Good ideas you have." She said after finishing all.

"Good? I thought it was plain and boring." Jessica was telling the truth. She wasn't really into it when finding ideas for the project the day before but still Yuri claimed it was good. "Thanks." She looked at the stack of documents infront of Yuri. Taking the notebook on the top at her own will, she flipped through the pages. "What about you? Any ideas?" Her eyes were searching through the writings in the notebook. It was if she was talking to the notebook.

"I have some. Not so good ones..." Yuri was trying to retrieve her notebook from Jessica. Her arms were outstretched, hands asking for the notebook. However, they were ignored by the girl who was dominating it, despite knowing that it does not belong to her.

Jessica's sharp eyes caught most of the words from every single page of Yuri's notebook, even while flipping through it quickly, and scanning throught the pages roughly.

A phrase she read caught her eye and she stopped flipping, looking again at the previous page. 

'Stop thinking about her, Yuri! Concentrate!' It wrote. 

"You found it?" Yuri asked, noticing Jessica had stopped flipping. 

"Ani, it's not." The girl shook her head, pretending she was nothing and continued searching for the page. She couldn't concentrate finding the page as she was thinking about who that writing was refering to. 

Slamming the book close, she pass it back to Yuri. "Ugh. I give up."

"I have been asking for it since just now..." Yuri mumbled under her breath, and started finding her notes herself.

It was silent for awhile.... and then Jessica exhaled sharply, clearly showing frustration.

Yuri thought it was because she was taking too long. "Give me a few seconds. I almost found it!" Her fingers started moving faster, they could almost tear the pages out from the notebook. 

"Take your time. Nobody's rushing you." 

"Then what was the (imitated Jessica's sigh) for?" Yuri's fingers stopped moving as she gave Jessica a questioning look.

"Err... Nothing." As soon as Jessica finished, there was a few knocks on the door all of sudden. A lady walked with with two cups of drink.

"Ah, please just put it there. Thank you." Yuri pointed at the empty space on the table.

The lady put them down in place as instructed. She flashed a smile at Jessica before leaving the room.

"Thanks." Jessica smiled back at the lady sincerely. After the door closes, Jessica commented, "Your staff are all well-trained. You're a-.... good boss." She hesitated before finishing off her sentence.

Yuri chuckled. "Thanks." She took one cup and held it up to . "Please drink." She invited Jessica and then blew the hot coffee a little before sipping some.

 

***

 

The discussion went on for a few hours. They were too into the discussion that they didn't realise the time. It was good for them though. They made some progresses. Combining their best two ideas together, they elaborated their plan on a piece of paper. To them, it was like the best proposal they had ever came up with for their previous individual projects.

 

"Okay, I guess that's all for now." Yuri clapped once and stood up, stretching her legs and arms.

Instead of stretching her muscles, Jessica threw herself slumped on the sofa, and then yawning. She looked at the time. "It's already 4??!" She sat back up straight after realising the time. "Wow... I've never did my work continuously for that long period of time." Her face depicting astonishment.

Yuri just giggled. She sat down and cleaned the messy table. Jessica too, kept her things. 

"Are you hungry?" Yuri asked to not make it too silent. 

"Won't you be hungry after working for hours without break?" Jessica answered her with a question, and with a sense of sarcasm.

"Right..." Yuri slowly nodded her head in embarassment.

After Yuri was done putting aside her files and stuff, and Jessica was again looking at their plan on the piece of paper. 

"Jessica-shi." Yuri successfully gained attention from the girl who looked up at her, and putting the paper aside. 

"Do you... err. Want to eat?" Yuri gulped down the big ball in before saying the last phrase. "With me?"

 

TBC

 

i know! finally! i updated!!
SO SORRY, guys. 
bcos of sch... T.T i BARELY have time to use my laptop. ugh.
okay.

i hope you guys enjoyed the story until 
Thanks for subscribing, reading, & commenting! :D

KAMSAHAMNIDA! <3