Chapter 13

Fate?

"Jessica!" Yuri called but she was too late. The girl had already closed her door shut and must not have heard her. "!" She sung her arm forcefully, grunting and then ran to her motorbike. 

She started her engine quickly and tailed Jessica's car. Not too near as she was afraid Jessica might see her. But not too far as she was afraid to lose her. 

'I kinda feel like a spy...' She giggled at the thought of that.

 

***

 

Jessica hopped into her car, and closed the door. She thought she heard someone calling her but she ignored the thought.

Her phone started ringing as soon as she started driving. Decreasing her speed, she answered the call, put it on loudspeaker and put the phone aside.

"Hello?"

"Sica!" She recognised who the voice belong to immediately.

"Neh, Sooyoung. Wae?"

"Why did you leave so early? Ah, whatever. I got something to tell you."

"Ah, palli. What is it about?" Jessica tried to focus on the road while listening to Sooyoung. 

"I think Yuri likes you?"

"MWO?!" Jessica shouted and accidentally screeched her car to a halt. 

A few seconds later, there was a bang on the back of her car. And a loud 'kaboom!'

She jerked forward, her head nearly hitting the steering wheel. She took in deep breaths, shocked by what just happened. What Sooyoung told her and the accident. Mostly what she heard from Sooyoung.

"Yah! Hello??! Are you okay?! What's that?!" Sooyoung screamed from the other end of phone.

"Eeee. My car got banged... Don't worry, I'm fine." Jessica said weakly, hanging up the phone after that and looking at the rearview mirror. Expecting to see a car. But she saw nothing.

Dizzily, she got out of her car, thinking, 'Two accidents in less than two weeks... That must be a record or something.' She walked to the back of her car to check the boot.

There was a dent. 

And on the road was a motorist trying to get up, with his bike lying beside him.

'Oh my god. This bike...'

"Yuri!" Jessica rushed to the motorist and took off the helmet.

"Mwo?" A guy's face appeared instead of Yuri. Embarassed, she put the helmet on the side.

"A-are you okay?" She wanted to check the guy's head but she felt awkward. "Mianhe~ Let me send you to the hospital."

"Ani. Gwenchana gwenchana. Just call an ambulance for me." The guy sighed and rubbed his arms.

"Jeongmal mianhe..." Jessica went back to her car to get her phone and dialed the ambulance. 

 

Soon, the ambulance arrived and took the motorist. He was too weak to walk and he fractured his arm due to the fall.

Jessica watched the ambulance go off and walked back to her car to follow the van. She had to pay the hospital bills for him. And also she had to call the tower truck to send the motorbike back to his house.

She was opening the door of her car when she suddenly felt lightheaded, causing her to stop and her hands automatically went up to her head. 

Everything blurred and she fell sitted on the ground.

 

***

 

Yuri stopped at a distance, at the side of the road when she saw Jessica stopping. 

She saw the motorist speeding behind her car and banged it. She gasped.

She wanted to run forward to check if Jessica was alright but she didn't want to be discovered. So, she stayed where she was and watched until everything was settled and Jessica started going back to her car. 

Yuri slowly accelerated. However, when she saw Jessica suddenly collapsing to the ground, she sped up towards the car. 

Parking her bike at the side, she rushed to the girl.

"Jessica! Jessica Jung!" Yuri helped Jessica up. Her worries accumulating as she saw Jessica's pale face. 

After helping her to the backseat, Yuri closed the door quickly. Almost slamming it. She didn't care if it would damage or whatever. She was panicking and want to get Jessica to the hospital fast.

Then, she hurried to the driver's seat and started driving to the nearest hospital. On her way there, she called Tiffany to inform her about Jessica.

"We're reaching soon.." Yuri mumbled softly, although she knew Jessica couldn't hear her. She was trying to hide her anxiety.

 

***

 

"Wh-! Neh, neh! I'll go there now!" Taeyeon and Sunny watched as a worried look form on Tiffany's face as she started screaming into the phone.

"Wae? What happened?" Sooyoung heard the commotion and went over to their table. 

Taeyeon and Sunny shrugged their shoulders. The three stared at Tiffany waiting for answers.

Tiffany bit her lower lips, gulping, and then sighing, with her shoulders drooped. "Jessica got into an accident. Yuri said she nearly fainted or something." 

The three girls had their eyes widened after hearing the news. 

"Yuri's sending her to the hospital now." Tiffany finished her explanation. "And I'm going there now."

She got up from her seat beside Sunny and headed to the door.

"We should... follow." Taeyeon suggested while the two just watched Tiffany leave.

"Yeah! We should!" Sooyoung led the way, joining Tiffany. They flagged a cab and brought themselves to the hospital Yuri told them.

 

Sooyoung sat infront because she's tall and larger sized while the other three are smaller sized and can fit at the back together.

"It's all my fault...." Sooyoung confessed. She told them about her calling Jessica and giving her the shock of her life. Hence, leading to the accident. 

"Aniyo. Things that are going to happen will happen." Sunny consoled her. "And what did you say just now? Yuri like Jessica?" 

"Yeah... I talked with her at the toilet." Sooyoung recalled back her short chat with Yuri. "Well... She didn't say that she like Jessica but I figured it."

'So nice of her....' she thought.

 

***

 

At the hospital...

Yuri's arm was wrapped around Jessica's waist, supporting her weight. Jessica had her arms hanging around Yuri's shoulder.

"I want to sit..." Jessica whispered softly.

"Neh.." Yuri brought her to the nearest bench and put her down. She then proceeded to the counter and told the nurse about Jessica.

 

When she came back to where Jessica was sitting, Jessica stood up. "I wanna go home. I'm already feeling better. Just a slight headache earlier."

"No, you have to see the doctor." Yuri insisted, going back to call the nurse to help her.

"Please, Yuri... I just need to rest. That's all.." Jessica pleaded, holding onto Yuri's wrist, stopping her from going back to the nurses.

Yuri wanted to insist that she see the doctor again but after seeing the pitiful look Jessica had, she decided not to.

At that moment, her heart just melted. Jessica's hands touching her wrist. Although it's cold, she don't want Jessica to let go of her hand. Her breath became uneven.

"A-are you sure?" She stuttered.

"Yes, Kwon Yuri. Please..." Jessica blinked her eyes slowly, showing slight annoyance.

"Arasso, arasso." Yuri then helped her up and walked her back to her vehicle in the carpark.

 

On their way to the lift, Sunny, Sooyoung, Tiffany and Taeyeon just reached the hospital and were searching for the two. 

Jessica and Yuri were walking towards the direction opposite from where the four girls had came in from. With their smart minds, they went ahead to the counter and saw the two walking to the exit.

Sooyoung stopped in her tracks and the rest followed. "See! Yuri obviously like her!" 

"Yah. Now's not the time. Why are they going back?" Tiffany took out her phone and called Yuri. "Where are you?" She asked as soon as Yuri answered.

"Jessica wants to go home..." Yuri answered her and she told the rest. 

"Okay. Just bring her home, then. Do you know where's her house? I'll text you." Sensible of her to know that Yuri had no idea where Jessica lives. She texted Yuri Jessica's address after they ended the call. 

Then, she turned to her three friends. "So, let's go home now. Sorry for troubling you, Taeyeon." She felt guilty for taking away Taeyeon's precious time. They ended up having to go back as soon as they reach the place.

"It's okay, really." Taeyeon smiled at her sincerely, making her heart flutter. But she was good at hiding her true feelings.

They started walking to the bus stop together and went separate ways.

 

***

 

Yuri had finally reached Jessica's house. 

"My key..." Jessica took out the key from her pocket and handed it to Yuri. Yuri opened the door easily and Jessica staggered to her bedroom immediately, throwing herself on the bed. "Thank you, Yuri." 

"Do you need anything? While I'm here..." Yuri asked, still worried. 

"Just warm water, thanks." Jessica closed her eyes after adjusting her pillow under her head. Yuri went to the kitchen, like it was her own house, and poured some warm water into an empty glass. 

She then went back to Jessica's bedroom. Only to find the ice princess sleeping. She put the glass of water on the drawer beside her bed and left the room to go home.

She was about to open the door when there was knockings on it. She opened it without looking at the peep hole.

"Hi. Thanks a lot, Yuri. I'll take care of her from here." Tiffany walked into the house and patted Yuri's shoulder. 

"She's sleeping in her room. I'll go now, Tiffany." Yuri said as she stepped out. "Do call me if there's any emergency." She put her hands on her right ear, showing a call signal. "Bye."

"Thanks again. Bye." Tiffany closed the door after watching Yuri leave.

When she turn around, Jessica was leaning against the wall, staring at the closed door.

Tiffany was almost frightened to death. 

"Yah!" She screamed at the ghost-like girl. "Why are you standing there? I thought you were sleeping!" 

"She THOUGHT I was sleeping. Cute." Jessica said groggily as she walked over to her couch and sat there. 

"What did you say? I heard that..." Tiffany giggled, teasing her and she joined her on the couch. 

 

TBC

 

sorry for the late update guys!
i've started school. and can't update often. but i will when i can! ><

thanks for subscribing & reading! thanks a lot. a lot. a lot. a lot! :D

love your comments! <3 

annyeong for now~ ^^