Chapter 6

Fate?

After work, Tiffany met Jessica for dinner.

"Mm. Before I forget, Sooyoung's coming back tomorrow." Tiffany remembered about the mail she got last night and told her friend.

"Sooyoung that shikshin cousin of yours??" Jessica's face lit up. "I miss her so much!!" Sooyoung and Tiffany are cousins. The three of them were childhood friends. Sooyoung had to go to Japan because her father had some business there and she's only returning to Korea now.

"I know right! So, can you skip work and prepare a surprise for her?" Jessica widened her eyes infront of Tiffany's face and stopped chewing on her food. "With me of course. But I'll have to go somewhere at.... 1pm. So, I need you to do the rest while I'm away JUST for a while." Jessica started chewing again but was still staring at Tiffany, and still thinking. "Hey, you owe me a favor." Tiffany reminded Jessica of her promise the other day for seeing Yuri for her.

"Fine fine fine. Okay. Where are you going by the way?" They continued eating while talking.

"Well.... I got an interview." Tiffany gulped and said as calmly as possible.

"For?"

"A secretary job." 

"At?"

"Er.... KW Corps.." Upon hearing that, Jessica dropped her utensils and glared at Tiffany with balled out eyes. 

"What?! Are you trying to betray me?!" 

"No, it's not like that! Why would I?" Tiffany shook her head, waving her fork and knife infront of their faces.

"Ohhhhh. You're even trying to slash my face!" Jessica's eyes followed the knife which was waving infront of her.

"No! Tsk." Tiffany placed them beside her plates and started explaining. "You see.... I was just sending my resumes to random companies which have job vacancies. I didn't realise I sent one to them." 

"Hmpf. I asked you to work at my place..." Angry, the blonde cut her meat violently and shoved it into with much attitude.

"It's not that I don't want to. Your company doesn't need any more people now, anyway." Jessica remained silent. She couldn't deny because it was true.

"Okay, whatever. I won't care." Jessica had said, but in her mind, she was thinking about earlier when Yuri and Tiffany had their faces close to each other. It bothered her a little that her friend might be working with her enemy. She had really deep feelings for Yuri. She's just not sure whether it's positive or negative. She shook her head a little, throwing the thoughts aside. "Then, who's gonna take care of your cafe after this?" Tiffany smiled at her friend for understanding her.

"Sooyoung. Mom asked to hand it over to her. Better than selling it off to other people. She don't have any job here anyway." Tiffany answered.

"That's good. With her interest for food, I'm sure she'll handle the cafe better than you." Jessica's voice had a little jealousy in it. Tiffany could sense it but about what, she has no idea.

They planned about Sooyoung's surprise welcome back party over dinner, forgetting about every single matter that happened at work during the first half of that day. After sharing various ideas, they decided on a simple one. A small one. Because they didn't have much time to prepare for big events.

 

***

 

The next day started normally, but didn't go on like any other day. Instead of going to work, Jessica stayed at Tiffany's cafe and helped her bake a cake for Sooyoung. Since there was little time for big events, they went on with a small surprise by making a cake themselves and decorating it themselves. Just baking that cake took them more than an hour for they were never good in cooking. On top of that, Tiffany prepared a special dish for Sooyoung. Jesica bought the ingredients for the food and they used the cafe's kitchen to cook it.

A few minutes past 12pm, Tiffany received a call from Sooyoung. Sooyoung had landed safely and was asking how Tiffany and Jessica was doing. After enough letting out their misses for each other, even kissing through the phone, Sooyoung put an end to the gooey conversation.

"So, what are you doing now?" she asked.

"I'm at the cafe. Remember? Our grandfather's cafe? There has been A LOT of changes. Come here now, okay? I got loads of things to tell you." It was silent for a while.

"Okay! I'll be there soon! And TIffany, I'm hungry... You know what to do..." Tiffany laughed at the shikshin who has not changed. Eating is her full time job. Almost every time you look at her, she will be eating.

"Arasso. See you!" Tiffany hung up the phone and turn to Jessica.

 

"She's on her way here." Both of them smiled gleefully, excited about reuniting with Sooyoung. They sat there to rest while waiting for Sooyoung's arrival. 

"I feel bad for leaving Sunny alone at work. Should we call her to come here?" Jessica asked TIffany.

"That's not a bad idea. I have not seen her for quite some time. Call her!" Tiffany agreed. Jessica smiled and took out her handphone. After pressing a few buttons on the phone, she pressed the phone to her ear. It only rung for a few seconds, until Sunny picked up.

"Sunkyu! Take a day off and join me and Tiff at the cafe!"

"But there's quite a lot of-"

"It's okay! I'm your boss, so listen to me. Come here now." Jessica cut her off.

"Okay okay. I'll be there in a minute." Sunny hung up the phone.

 

Jessica smiled mischeviously. 

"Why are you smiling like that...?" The curious Tiffany asked her friend who was smiling weirdly. She knew Jessica had something in mind.

"Just wait and see..." Jessica didn't answer her. "I'm going to the restroom for a while." She ran away from more questions from Tiffany.

Tiffany sat alone, waiting for Jessica to come back. Or Sunny to come. Or Sooyoung to reach there. At the same time, also thinking about what Jessica must have planned.

'She couldn't be setting us up... right?' her thoughts brought her back to when she was still in the University. A few months after the first day of Uni, Tiffany had developed feelings for Sunny and had told Jessica about it. Jessica never stopped trying to bring them together although Sunny never said anything about her liking Tiffany or anybody.

 

"No.... Impossible." Tiffany didn't realise she have said it out loud. She have already forgotten all the feelings after realising it was just a mere crush. They are all good friends. Close friends. And Tiffany didn't want to risk their friendship because of the unsure feelings she had for Sunny.

"What is?" Sunny had came and was already sitting with Tiffany. Tiffany got goosebumps for a while and just shook her head, smiling as normally as possible at Sunny.

"Do you want something to drink? Or eat?" Tiffany asked so that Sunny wouldn't suspect anything wrong with her.

"Errm..... Coke please!" Sunny said cutely, making Tiffany cringe.

"Aish. Must you use your aegyo??" the waitress had to pinch Sunny's cheeks first before going to the kitchen to take a can of coke for the short girl. All the while, her head was filled with Jessica and her plans and she was also trying so hard to look normal. She made herself a latte and brought the drinks out to their table. Jessica had already came back.

"No drinks for me?" Jessica asked as she watch Tiffany put the coke infront of Sunny and the latte infront of herself.

"What do you want?" Tiffany sighed.

"Ani. I'm just joking. I'm not thirsty." the blonde smiled jokingly and Tiffany glared at her in return.

 

"So, why'd you call me here?" Sunny asked, seeing there was not any special occasion.

"We haven't been hanging out lately." Jessica shrugged her shoulders before answering.

"Oh really?" Sunny raised her eyebrows at the girl. "Hmm... Do you smell that?" Sunny wrinkled her nose.

"Smell what??" The other two asked back at the same time. Tiffany was panicking, looking at the kitchen to check if anything was burning inside it. Jessica was sniffing in really hard, trying to figure out what was smelling. Sunny giggled at the actions of her two friends.

"Your lies, Sica. I can smell them, so strongly." Sunny eyed Jessica suspiciously, making the blonde uncomfortable. Jessica shifted her position slightly. Meanwhile, Tiffany sighed in relief that Sunny was not refering to anything coming from the kitchen. 

"You made me worry for nothing, Sunny." she said, but was ignored. 

"W-what lie?" Jessica stuttered, avoiding eye contact with Sunny. "Really, I just want you to join our small welcome back surprise for Tiffany's cousin."

"Hmmmmm."

Tiffany sighed, realising she was talking to herself, and the two was not paying attention to her. 

 

Just then, the door of the cafe opened. And in came a very tall girl. The girl looked around and spotted the table her cousin and her friend was sitting at with another unfamiliar short haired girl. Immediately, she carried her luggage and ran to the table.

"Tiffany!"

 

TBC

 

sorry for the really short and.... ty update. :/
my brain was jammed and i couldn't think.............. gah i hate it when this happens. i can't think!! 

I'll update again tomorrow! :)

and thanks again, for subscribing & commenting! <3 

^^