Chapter 10

Fate?

Jessica and Sunny walked to the cafe together casually. They can't wait to meet Tiffany and bombard her questions regarding her first day of work at KW Corps. They were reaching the door of the cafe when something caught Jessica's attention. She halted.


At the road, infront of them, a motorbike just parked there. Jessica stopped at the moment the girl at the back of the motorbike lifted up her head and she noticed who the girl was. It was none other than Tiffany.

"Who's that guy Tiffany's with??!" she exclaimed, shaking Sunny who had also stopped beside her. Sunny gasped when she saw what Jessica saw. Little did they know the person Tiffany was hugging was someone they know.

The "guy" driving the motorbike took off "his" helmet, and revealed the person's face hiding behind it. The two gasped again when they saw who was it. Kwon Yuri.

"What the hell?" Jessica said to her friend whoh was just as surprised as she was.

 

After feeling the bike not moving anymore, and heard the engine turned off, Tiffany looked up and loosened her wrap around Yuri's body. Yuri had taken off her helmet and was waiting for Tiffany to take her hands off her so that she could get down, but Tiffany was not moving. So, she turned around to check on the girl. Tiffany looked astonished.

"You okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." But she was still not taking away her hands. 

"Do you want to... uh, remove your hands so I can get off and help you down?" Yuri smiled, pointing at the two hands on her stomach.

"Oh. Sorry." Finally, she took it off and helf the sides of the seat so that she won't fall.

Yuri laughed at her and got down the bike, still holding onto the handle with one hand. She held out her other hand to Tiffany and Tiffany took it, helping herself down. All the while, Yuri was staring at Tiffany's beautiful face. Although her hair was messed up a little, she still look as pretty.

While Tiffany straightened her skirt and neated her fringe, Yuri kicked down the stands of her bike, left her helmet hanging on the handle and waited for Tiffany to start walking. She retied her hair to make them look neat.

 

While all that happened, Jessica and Sunny stared at them in bewilderment, commenting at every single thing they see. It was as though they were watching a drama on television. 

"Why are they together?!"
"Look at the way she wrapped her arms around that girl." 
"Why is she not taking her hands off??"
"Look at the way she smiles!"
"Oh! She held her hands!"
"Oh my god!"

While Sunny was surprised how close the two had gotten from Tiffany's first day of work, Jessica was fuming mad and can't wait to kill Tiffany. Both of them huffed at the same time and stomped to the door when Tiffany and Yuri started walking.

 

"Eh? Jessie! Sunny!" Tiffany called out to her friends whom she saw walking into the cafe. Yuri looked for the people Tiffany just called, and saw the blonde girl with another girl, about the same height as her. Only a little shorter.

Jessica heard but ignored the calls, pulling Sunny inside and letting the door close behind her.

"What?" Tiffany was confused by Jessica's actions and looked at Yuri with her astonished face, expecting Yuri to know why Jessica was being like that. She knew Jessica could hear her because her voice is very loud, and Sunny had turned when she called her. They were not even far from each other. Yuri shrugged her shoulders, showing an innocent face, and they went in.

"Thanks for the ride, boss. I'm eating with my friends. See you at work later." Tiffany smiled at Yuri before they separated to different tables.

Tiffany joined Jessica and Sunny at their table, sighing after sitting.

"So, how's first day?" Sunny asked because Jessica was in her own world, and Sunny don't really like silence.

"Great. Not bad." Tiffany nodded after being sure of her answer. Jessica stared at her deeply. Her eyes were like drilling holes into Tiffany's face. Tiffany was getting the chills from Jessica's intense stare. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Jessica raised her right brow and gritted her teeth. "Why?? You're asking me why?????" she hissed. Sunny just sat timidly at the side, waiting for a huge uproar, when Sooyoung came out of nowhere and slammed her palms on the table. All of three of them jumped out from their seat.

"Yo, my friends! What do you guys want to have?" 

"Can't you ask nicely and not bang the table?!" Jessica screamed at the girl and hit her arms. 

"The atmosphere was too weird between you guys. What's going on??" Sooyoung had saw since they entered the cafe. She too was expecting for a fight, but she stopped them before anything happens.

"Oh, good thing you came. I want iced latter and a sandwich, please." Sunny said and changed the topic. 

"Me too." Jessica had calmed down and had placed her order too. 

"Me three." Tiffany said. Jessica rolled her eyes at the brunette. 'What?!' The girl frowned back at Jessica. 

"So... Three iced latte and three sandiwches." Sooyoung saw the two and said as she scribbled the orders on her papier. "Okay, I'll be back later." She kept the pad of order papers and the in the pouch of her apron, before going off to the counter.

 

"What is wrong with you?" Tiffany asked, not knowing what she did wrong that her best friend is giving her the cold shoulders and that icy attitude of hers. However, Jessica ignored and had her eyes screwed to her phone screen. Tiffany huffed. "What is wrong with her?" she turned to Sunny and asked the danshin who had no idea too and just shrugged her shoulders in return. "Huh..."

 

***

 

Yuri chose a table where she could see Tiffany and her friends. She was staring at them. Tiffany. And Jessica. 

Then, Sooyoung came to take her order. "Miss, what would you like to have?" Yuri didn't heard it and continued staring infront of her. Sooyoung followed Yuri's eyes and realised that she was looking at her friends' direction. She was taken aback for a while.

'Why is she staring at them like that? Creepy....' she thought as she looked back at Yuri who have yet to notice her presence. She then waved her paper infront of Yuri's eyes and coughed out. "Ehem! Excuse me." The unnecessary cough surprised Yuri as she blinked her eyes and looked up at Sooyoung. 

"What??!" Yuri unconsciously screamed at the innocent waitress. 

"Sorry, ma'am. May I take your order?" Sooyoung ignored the scream and continued her working.

Yuri breathed out deeply and looked at the large menu above the counter. Meanwhile, Sooyoung was thinking how to ask Yuri about her staring at her cousin and friends.

"Erm... Just an iced latte. Thanks." Sooyoung wrote it down on a piece of paper and glanced at Yuri. She was back to staring.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Can I ask you something?" Confused Yuri gave Sooyoung a look, nodding at her at the same time. "Why were you staring at them?" Sooyoung pointed at their table. 

"It's none of your business." Yuri hissed at the busybody waitress, not knowing they are related.

"Well, that girl there is my cousin. I don't like people staring at her like that." Yuri was shocked and didn't want to believe it. 

"Jessica's your cousin?!"

"Err no. The girl beside her is." Sooyoung had right eye bigger.

"Ohh. Tiffany.. Well, I'm her boss. Kwon Yuri." She held out her hand to Sooyoung who gladly gave her a handshake. 

"Choi Sooyoung. Nice to meet you." She was happy. She just came back to Korea and already made a new friend.

A waitress passed by and Sooyoung stopped her. She gave the girl Yuri's order, smiling at her nicely. "Got some business. Help me, okay? Thanks so much." After that, she turned back to Yuri, and asked for permission to sit with her. Yuri nodded. "You haven't answer my question. Why were you staring at them?"

"No peculiar reason..." Yuri said as she tilted her head, avoiding eye contact with the tall girl. "Don't you have to work? Why are you sitting? Aren't you scared of getting fired?" Yuri shot her questions to make her go away. Sooyoung laughed.

"People don't fire me. I fire people." Sooyoung smirked at the tanned girl. "I will go now if you want me too. BUT! I will talk to you soon, for sure." She winked at Yuri before walking away, leaving the girl dumbfounded. 

'Weird....' Yuri got the chills just thinking of Sooyoung. 'Choi Sooyoung huh? Tiffany's cousin. Keep that in mind.' She thought to herself as she smiled back at the waitress who just sent her her drink.

 

From afar, Jessica saw Yuri. She snorted at herself when she realised they were wearing same colour clothings. Sunny and Tiffany both glanced at her at the same time and sighed. Jessica watched as the waitress placed Yuri's drink on the table slowly and smiled flirtatiously at her.

"Ugh." She accidentally said it out loud, receiving glares from both Sunny and Tiffany. They both turned to see what Jessica was looking at and saw Yuri.

"Have you been watching her from just now??" Tiffany asked but was ignored.

"Were you?!" Sunny asked but was also ignored. "Aish. What's wrong with you? Jinjja." Sunny sighed and helped the waitress put their orders on their table.

Sooyoung came back after a few seconds of silence among the three friends. "Guys, do you know that tall girl there?" She sat and discreetly pointed at Yuri who was busy with her phone and didn't saw them looking at her.

Tiffany nodded and smiled.

Sunny said, "Of course."

Jessica exhaled sharply. "Are you interested in her too?"

"Mwo?! Aniyo! I was taking her order just now and she kept looking here." Sooyoung explained.

Tiffany ignored Sooyoung, her mind still focused on Jessica's response. "What do you mean 'too'? Who else is interested in her? Are you??"

Jessica frowned at the girl. "Me? That woman? No way! Wasn't it you who was all close with her just now?" She said sarcastically to Tiffany and gave back her attention to Sooyoung. "She was looking at us?"

"You like her??" Sunny and Sooyoung asked Tiffany at the same time. Then, they glanced at each other and giggled for a while at the coincidence before looking back at Tiffany.

Tiffany was left speechless. She didn't expect them to ask her that and she didn't know how to answer. Hell, she don't even know her own feelings for Yuri. She do like her but to what extent? She was not sure. 

Her silence created assumptions by the three. Who would admit it if she like someone? She would be shy and deny. It's what almost everybody does. Due to the views Tiffany gave them, Jessica got more upset.

They were giving the 'Oh I knew it' face. Tiffany knew what they were thinking of and quickly cleared their misperceptions. "No! I- I do l-like her. She's kind and everything. BUT! Not more than as a friend or a boss. NOT more." She particularly looked at Jessica who gave her the most obvious negative response earlier.

Sooyoung and Sunny nodded. Jessica eyed her suspiciously, waiting for a better assurance.

"Trust me." Tiffany had a worried smile on her face while Jessica had her usual blank face. "Oh my gosh. Trust me, Jessie!" She yelled at the stoned girl in English. Jessica sighed.

"Fine. I believe you. Make sure that like don't become deeper feelings."

"Were you jealous Jess?" The brunette asked again in English.

"Jealous? Of what?" Jessica's eyebrows creased to the centre.

"You were mad because you saw me on Yuri's bike.... right?"

"W-why would I be?" She tried to deny although she knew it would be of no use. She couldn't hide anything from her best friend.

"Don't lie to me, Jess. I know, okay. It's shown clearly in your eyes. You ignored me since the moment I called you at the door." Jessica remained silent and started eating her piece of sandwich. "Why?" Tiffany continued asking, knowing that Jessica didn't want to admit it. 

"I don't know. I just don't like seeing you two so close..." Jessica mumbled softly. Almost whispering.

Tiffany chuckled.

"What? I'm serious." 

Tiffany gave her friend a sly smile and said, "You like her..."

"I don't! She's my enemy, for goodness sake!" Jessica quickly denied Tiffany, not realising that her cheeks were turning pinkish. 

"You're lying. You're blushing, see?"

"I swear I don't!" She slammed the table lightly. Tiffany laughed at her.

"Then, do you like me?" she teased Jessica, flashing her eye smile at her.

"Aish, you!" Jessica knuckled Tiffany's forehead, frowning a little. She shivered at the thought of liking her own best friend.

 

The other two who doesn't understand anything, looked at each other confusingly and talked to themselves about other things. 

"So, how's work today? Wait, where are you working at?" Sooyoung started the conversation.

"Good... I'm Sica's secretary." Sunny smiled at Sooyoung and took a sip from her drink. She was feeling nervous, but didn't know why.

"Oh.. No wonder you two came together....." Sooyoung drifted off. The slight jealousy she had earlier when she saw Jessica and Sunny walking together, was erased. Sunny just nodded and smiled. 

"I swear I don't!" Jessica slammed on the table, making the two jump, shocked by the sudden loud bang. Sunny cringed at the deafening sound of Jessica's scream.

Sooyoung giggled and shook her head.  "These two never changed since young. They always fought with each other."

"They always fight, right?" Sunny agreed. "They don't even hear us talking about them." Sunny purposely said it louder. However, the two were still in their own world, arguing about only they know what. Sunny and Sooyoung sighed.

"Ah, do you want to exchange numbers?" Sooyoung took out her phone and got ready to type in Sunny's number.

"Neh." Sunny did the same. They passed their phone to the other and saved their number in the phone. Without them knowing, Jessica and Tiffany were watching them, smiling cheekily. When they finished, the two quickly look away and pretended nothing happened. Inside, they were laughing.

 

***

 

After the quick lunch and short chat, with some arguments here and there, the three office workers stood up to leave and waved at Sooyoung who started cleaning the table. 

Yuri saw them leaving and left too. She walked quickly after them.

The three were walking side by side, with Jessica in the middle. When they were separating ways, Yuri came up beside Tiffany, squeezing herself between the two best friends. Her arm brushed against Jessica's shoulder, shoving her aside.Jessica was going to scold Tiffany for pushing her but was surprised to see Yuri beside her instead. Then, the back of their hands brushed too. The sudden contact of their hands surprised Jessica further. 'What is this feeling....?' she gulped.

"Sorry." Yuri apologised briefly to Jessica and then turned to her secretary. "Ehm. Let me drive you back to work, Tiffany-shi." She placed one hand on Tiffany's shoulder, and pointed to her bike on their right.

"Err..." Tiffany looked at Jessica while deciding. Jessica had a gloomy face.

"Byeeee." Jessica smiled insincerely and waved to Tiffany. She took Sunny's hand and continued walking back to their work, letting go of her hand after a few steps.

"You okay, Sica?" Sunny asked, concerned about her friend who was quiet and didn't look well. Jessica remained quiet and just nodded her head with a weak smile.

 

"Bye...." Tiffany whispered to herself after Jessica walked away with Sunny.

"Come on, let's go." Yuri said after the two left. 'Why is she holding that girl's hand?' She was curious of what kind of relationship they had. The sight of them holding hands disturbed her a little. 'Why do I care?' The thought of it disturbing her, disturbed her much more. She shrugged off the thought as she led Tiffany to her bike. "You're okay?" She noticed Tiffany looking a little down. Tiffany nodded weakly as she waited for Yuri to start the engine before she got on the bike.

She had already rode it once but she still had some fear in her. Bracing herself for the speed that was to come, she wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist comfortably. As though she had done that many times already.

Yuri started driving and Tiffany, again, hid her head behind Yuri's back. The wind was blowing her hair everywhere. She felt like brushing it off her face when she remembered she was riding a bike. If she remove her hand from Yuri's waist, she would fall behind. The thought of falling scares her. She tightened her hands which were intertwined with each other.

The bike finally stopped. The ride was longer than she thought it would be. When she looked up, she was surprised to find herself somewhere like a park and not at their workplace. "Where are we?" She asked groggily. Yuri turned and laughed at her. "Why are you laughing? Are you kidnapping me??!" She blurted out the first thought that came up in her mind. Yuri laughed again.

"Yes I am." Yuri's expression became a serious one. "Ani. I just need some fresh air." She hung her helmet on the handle.

Instead of helping Tiffany down, she walked nearer to the brunette and rearranged the girl's messy hair. "You look like you just wake up from your sleep." she giggled. Tiffany blushed, feeling Yuri's soft fingers touching her forehead and cheeks.

Yuri's lips curved up into a smile as she offered her hand to Tiffany. Like she did before, Tiffany took Yuri's hand and jumped down. That was when she learnt a new lesson. Never jump down from a bike. 

She had thrown herself down too strongly that her body collided with Yuri's. "Sorry." she moved back. She was going to take her hand back from Yuri but Yuri held on it tighter and pulled her gently. Tiffany just followed. 'She's such a gentlewoman.' TIffany was attracted by Yuri's warmhearted-ness. 'No! I must not fall for her!' She mindslapped herself, thinking about Jessica.

Yuri stopped at a bench facin a wide lake and sat down, pulling Tiffany beside her. The bench was long enough but they only filled the center part of it, sitting close to each other. So close that their hips were touching each other. But they don't mind the contact. Although they themselves are not so close.

"Why are we here?" Tiffany asked again, still unsure of Yuri's intention of bringing them here.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" she sighed as she let go of the girl's hand, afraid that the girl would think of her wrongly. "I suddenly feel like coming here. You're my personal assistant. So, you need to follow." 

Tiffany's mouth hung opened, registering in her head the things she just heard. "Ahh... I forgot I am you secretary now. Mianhe Ms Kwon."

"It's okay. And, please just call me Yuri. I'm younger than you by a year." Yuri said as she leaned against the bench rest. 

"Oh. But you're still my boss. I have to respect you." Tiffany said carefully.

"Aniyo. It's okay. I prefer talking normally, really."

"Neh... Mi- Yuri." Yuri smiled. It was silent for a while before Tiffany speak again. "Do you always come here?" Yuri nodded. 

"Isn't this place beautiful?" She said as she played with her motor keys. 

"Hmm." Tiffany agreed, looking at the scenery around the place.

"Hmm. Just like you." Yuri said softly but Tiffany heard. Her heart fluttered. She was starting to feel shy and decided to joke about it to make herself feel comfortable and not make the situation awkward. 

"Are you saying I look like trees, bushes and lakes?" Both of them erupted into unstoppable laughters. The laughters only ended when they found themselves out of breath.

"Tiffany-shi.. I've only met you twice or thrice and today is only your first day working with me... But." Yuri said slowly. Tiffany felt a sudden knot tied in her stomach. 

'But.....?' She turned to look at her boss who was also looking back at her.

"I feel very comfortable with you. Like I've known you for a long time." 

"Ohhh." Tiffany was expecting for something else but it's better that way. She didn't want to reject her boss and she didn't want to hurt her best friend, whom she did not know whether she likes Yuri or not. "Maybe it's because of my friendly personality? And my eyesmile?" She smiled brightly at her boss who smiled back at her.

They stared into each other's eyes. And both were entranced. Their cheerful smiles became nervous and shy smiles. They had no idea what had gotten into their head.

Yuri shifted her body and leaned forward, into Tiffany, supporting herself by putting her hand on the bench, at Tiffany's other side. Tiffany inched her face closer to Yuri's and held Yuri's shoulder with one hand.

They closed their eyes, moving slowly closer to each other.

 

TBC

 

sorry for the very late update! ><
I won't be able to update so often now... but i will update at least once a week!! 

thanks for subscribing! and comments are appreciated!! ^^

<3

 

AND......... if you're interested,

PLEASE JOIN US!!! we need more roleplayers! maybe your bias are still available? ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/105295/lucky-charms-roleplay-d-roleplay