Chapter 16

Fate?

Jessica was awaken by the bright lights emerging through her thin curtains. Her eyes squinted as soon as she was opening them. Covering her eyes from the sunlight with her hand, she turned the other side to check the time. 

"Oh my god!" She sat up straight immediately, throwing her blanket off herself. It was already 10am and she was still in bed. 

Getting ready as fast as possible, she put on the first set of clothes she saw when she opened the wardrobe. 

She was supposed to meet Yuri at the same time like the day before. However, judging by the time, getting there on time was impossible.


She grabbed her car keys, her bag, her phone, and left her house without even drinking some water to give herself a morning startup.

At the carpark, she looked for her car, and started panicking when she couldn't find it anywhere. 

'Oh my god. Did someone freaking stole my car?!'

Just then, she heard a car honk from behind her. She turned around, not really expecting to see someone she knows. She thought someone was just honking because she was kind of walking in the middle of the lane.

'Kwon Yuri?' It came into her mind when she saw the lady in the driver's seat waving to her. She walked towards her door and knocked on the window. Yuri opened the window. 

"Why are you here?" Jessica asked Yuri of her purpose for being at her apartment.

"To fetch you." Yuri gave a straightforward answer.

"Fetch me?" Jessica was partly surprised. 'Why is she fetching me all of a sudden?'

Yuri nodded.

"Who asked you to? You don't have to, you know. I have my car." Jessica said as she tilted her head to the side, still wondering where her car was.

"You car is at my company, Ms Jung. Remember last night? You fell asleep and I sent you home with my car? Get in, now." Yuri explained calmly. 'How can she forgot so fast??'

"Huh??" Jessica was confused at first. But as she thought back, the short joyful scenes popped up into her head. "So that wasn't just a dream?" She mumbled to herself as she walked over to the passenger's side of the car.

 

***

 

"Let's have breakfast first, shall we? You have not eaten right?" Yuri asked, driving the car to somewhere else butnot her company. 

"Yeah, sure." Jessica nodded her head.


Both had pancakes, and Yuri started a conversation topic. Off from work.

"Do you always wake up late? Like how you did just now?" Yuri asked a random question, chewing on her first bite of the pancake.

Jessica laughed at the question before nodding her head slowly, slightly embarassed. "I'm a heavy sleeper." 

Yuri laughed with her. "I see. I'm curious about one thing." She swallowed down her food before asking. "Why do they call you ice princess?"

Jessica glared at her and answered coldly. "Because of my personality."

Yuri shivered from the girl's icy glare and voice. "Uhh... I can feel that." She gulped. "Have you always been like this since young?"

The smiled on Jessica's face disappeared. Her face turned soure. With an expression Yuri had never sene before. "Erm... No.." She shooke her head slowly as she ate her pancakes slowly too.

Yuri knew something must have happened that made her like this. She didn't want to ask, afraid that the memory might hurt her. She could feel that it was not something Jessica would want to talk about.

"So... How long have you been friends with Tiffany?" Yuri changed the topic.

"Since we were kids. And with Sooyoung too." Jessica smiled. 

'It's good to see you smiling again.' Yuri smiled along. "How?"

"We stayed in the same neighbourhood and our parents are friends. We even studied in the states together years ago. But Sooyoung didn't come with us cause she went Japan with her family." Jessica continued, reminiscing about the past while telling Yuri about her friendship with Tiffany & Sooyoung. Reminiscing some memories she should and was almost forgetting about.

 

*Flashback*

"Jessie baby~" Jay called out to her as he twirled his fingers around her hair.

"Mmm?" She murmured with her eyes closed. She could feel Jay smiling.

"Nothing. Just continue sleeping, dear."

She turned her body around and snuggled her face into his stomach, smelling his sweet scent. "I love you." She mumbled.

"Love you too, baby." He her hair.

*End of Flashback*

 

Yuri waved her hand infront of Jessica's eyes. Only after a few times then Jessica responded to it. "Yeah?" She looked at Yuri and apologised for wandering off.

"It's okay. I forgot what I wanted to ask." Yuri chuckled and continued eating her meal.

"Mianhe." Jessica felt guilty. She apologised again before eating too.

Yuri shook her head, saying again that it was okay. 'Her habit is stoning.'


After the breakfast, they went straight to Yuri's office. Jessica had told Sunny about it. She will only come to her workplace in the late afternoon after she's done with some parts of her project.

 

***

 

Taeyeon was explaining to Tiffany something the girl was unsure about. Tiffany listened attentively to her.

"So, it's just like that. Can you understand me? I'm not really good at explaining you see..."

"Yup! I do! Thanks!" Tiffany turned around to smile at Taeyeon, not knowing that Taeyeon's face was right beside hers. Taeyeon turned to her at the same time. They stared at each other in shock for awhile until Taeyeon straightened herself up. 

"Ehem. That's good then..." Taeyeon started proceeding back to her seat. "Do ask if you have any other doubts." A bead of sweat trickled down her temple as she sighed deeply, partly in relief.

The two girls chatted online instead of talking to each other across the room. They didn't want to disturb their other colleagues who were busy working.

Tiffany: Oh, Taeyeon ah. Where's Yuri? Isn't she a little too late? She's always early right?
Taeyeon: Oh yeah... I just realised she's not here. :P

Tiffany could see Taeyeon looking at the time and squinting to see through the binders in Yuri's room.

Tiffany: She's not here, Tae. You don't have to look at the window like that.
Taeyeon: Keke. Neh.. ^^ 
Taeyeon: She's really not here, huh? That's a first.. 
Tiffany: She was never late, huh? 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany who was also looking at her. She then nodded slowly and giggled off, going back to her work. 

'Oh my gosh! Why is she so cute like that?' Tiffany kicked her feet around in mid-air under her table when she yelped mentally.

 

A few moments later, the door opened, and chatters quitened down. All the staffs stood up, and greeted the two bosses who just entered the office.

"Good morning, guys." Yuri smiled at ther workers on their way to her office. Jessica followed behind and just smiled her way there.

Tiffany was trying to get her attention by just staring at the girl. She believed that by staring at a person, he/she will feel that there are eyes on them and they will look around. But she didn't have to stare at Jessica because the girl was already going to look at her. 

Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows at her best friend. Jessica, who was smiling at first, stuck out her tongue at the brunette. For not looking where she was walking, she didn't know that Yuri had stopped, and she walked into the girl. 

"Woah." Yuri said as she grabbed onto Jessica's shoulder before the girl could bodyslam her.

"Ah mianhe." Jessica stumbled back a little and bowed her head in embarassment and in apology.

Tiffany chuckled at the scene and after seeing Jessica's cheeks turning hot pink.

"Tiffany-shi, can you print out for me my next week's schedule? I'll get it from you later. Thanks." Tiffany stopped laughing at that instant and smiled at her boss, and nodded her head. 

"Come on." Yuri called out to Jessica softly after that.

 

***

 

After hours of brainstorming, plannings, laying out their first draft, both started feeling tired and decided to end the day.

Yuri sent Jessica down to the lobby. 

"We're not meeting tomorrow right?" Yuri asked to confirm, showing a somewhat sour face. 

"Yeah." Jessica smiled. She was tired and had chose the next day to do some less stressful work and more relaxing work. Work which does not require her to think a lot.

Yuri smiled back sadly. Although she knows both need to rest, she wished she could see Jessica. "See you soon, then." Jessica sensed Yuri's disappointment.

"That'll be only two days later, Yuri." She pressed Yuri's shoulder before bading her goodbye.

 

***

 

"How's the project going?" Sunny asked as soon as they got into Jessica's office. 

"Progressing greatly." Jessica smiled. Sunny knew her smile was for something else and not really because the project was going fine. 

"You look exceptionally happy. That's suspicious..." Sunny smirked at her.

"N-no, I'm...always this happy." Jessica tried denying but obviously failed. 

Sunny imitated her and then laughed a little sarcastically. "Yeah, right. It's so obvious you're lying." She stuck out her tongue. Jessica pouted before smiling again like she was before.

"Wow! You're not defending yourself or even scolding me!" Sunny added more evidence to Jessica's unusual behaviour and then giggled. "It's her right? Kwon Yuri."

"Sunkyu ah..." Sunny twitched at hearing Jessica calling her by her real name. "I've become like Tiffany...." Jessica made a sad face and pouted again.

"Hey, it's not a bad thing, you know?" Sunny went infront of Jessica and pinched her cheeks softly. Jessica continued pouting and bowed her head a little. "At least you've forgotten about-" At that instant, Jessica looked up at Sunny, waiting for her to finish her sentence. "Mmm ignore what I've just said."

"I don't know if I've really forgotten about him, Sunny..." Sunny started feeling guilty for bringing up the past. "Yuri asked me if I was cold since young, and I remembered the time before I became the ice princess I am now." Jessica leaned on the edge of her desk as she said that emotionally.

"Memories are not meant to be forgotten, Sica. You might have moved on, but the memories won't go away." Sunny rubbed Jessica's shoulder and pulled her into a hug.

Jessica sighed, hugging Sunny back. "Thanks, Sunny."

"It's nothing, girl. Okay, let's get back to work." She released Jessica, and clapped her hands.

"I'm not doing anything today. Just checking things and then going back home. I'm tired!" Jessica stretched her arms in the air.

"You're forever tired." Sunny shook her head and pat Jessica's shoulder. "Hwaiting. I'll be at my table if you need anything." She gave Jessica her aegyo smile which made her cringe. 

"Go away!" 

Sunny giggled and skipped out of the office room while Jessica dragged herself to her seat. She sat and turned her cair a few times before stopping and start on what she needs to do.

 

TBC

 

 

ahhhhH! finally! an update!
Sorry my dear readers & subscribers! OTL
I really didn't had the time to finish updating until now. mianhe~~~

and thanks for the comments! ^^
@annie8592 i've updated for you! :D

sorry if this chapter is boring.
i think it has no .. :(

anyways, i will update as soon as i can! 
sorry to keep you guys waiting!

gomawoooo~ <3 ^^