Chapter 26

Fate?

 

“Tiffany? Where are you guys?” Taeyeon had called Tiffany to ask where the two were.

“Taeyeon ah. Something happened and Jessica had to go home. So, I’m accompanying her. Tell others, okay? I’ll see you at work on Monday.” There was a mix of frustration, worry and some anger in her voice.

Now, Taeyeon is the one worrying for them.

 

***

 

“Why is she not replying?” Yuri repeatedly slapped her hand with the phone.

It was midnight and the girl was still awake, waiting for Jessica to reply and worrying about her. What she didn’t know is that she is mad at her.

“She must be asleep…” Yuri sighed before forcing herself to sleep.

 

***

 

“Pabo Yuri.” Tiffany said to her phone.

Yoona hugged her first and she can’t just push that girl away.” Taeyeon had just finished telling Tiffany what really happened earlier after Tiffany told her what they saw.

“So it really was nothing… But Jess… She’s a difficult one. She only thinks what she wants to think.”

Aigoo… How?

“How about this…”

Their conversation went on for the whole night, making up scenarios for the two love birds to work things out.

 

***

 

Yuri woke up to the ringing of her alarm clock, immediately checking her phone for Jessica’s reply.

There was still none.

“Sica yah…” She dialled her number but couldn’t get through. She tried again a few times but still that girl never answers.

She combed her fringe up with her fingers and stare at her phone screen.

After a few minutes of stoning, she picked up her phone again and dialled another number.

 

Hello?

“Tiffany?? What happened to Jessica??” Yuri asked right away.

What happened to her? What were you doing hugging your ex in the mall?” She emphasised the location, showing how everybody saw it.

“What?” Yuri sighed. “She saw. Tiffany, it was just a hug. Nothing else, I swear. Besides, she hugged me. I didn’t.”

Thank Taeyeon for saving your life. I almost went to kill you if she didn’t tell me what happened.

Yuri sighed in relief, moving her cupped hand down her face.

It’s really nothing right?” Tiffany asked again.

“Yes, Tiffany..”

Okay. Just checking.

“Is she with you now? She’s not answering me.” Her voice filled with desperation.

Ani.. You should try going to her house.

“Okay, I’ll do that. Thanks Fany ah, for trusting me.”

Neh. And don’t be mad at her and hurt her more no matter what she say or do to you.” Tiffany reminded Yuri, knowing how her best friend can do things without thinking twice when she’s in her hell mood. “Or I’ll really kill you.

“Arasso..”

 

The phone call ended after that. Yuri got out of bed and took a quick shower. She didn’t forget to take a light breakfast before leaving her house.

 

***

 

*DING DONG*

The blond lazily swayed her body up from the couch and to the door. “Who’s that?” She screamed from inside, with annoyance.

Her guest on the other side of the door knocked twice instead of answering her. It only added up to her frustration. Jessica exhaled sharply and opened the door hard as though she was going to punch the other person.

Her heart ached the moment she sees the girl standing outside the door. “What??”

“Sica. You never answered my calls.” Yuri was stepping into her house but Jessica pushed the door, trying to close it.

With all her strength, Yuri fought back the force that was going against her. “Sica. Baby…”

Hearing Yuri’s soft calling, she weakened and gave up, letting the girl in. She started walking back to the couch, ignoring Yuri’s presence.

Yuri closed the door behind her. Walking up behind Jessica, she held onto her arm gently.

Being the stubborn girl she is, Jessica pulled her arm off from Yuri’s gentle grip.

“Sica..” Yuri tried again, holding a little harder and turning the girl around at the same time.

Jessica avoided looking at her face and looked down, her eyes closed.

“You’re not gonna tell me what’s wrong?” Yuri looked closely at the shorter girl’s face.

“You’re asking me??” Jessica pulled her arm away again and lifted her head up, glaring sharply at Yuri.

The taller girl sighed. “How would I know? What did I do? Please tell me.” Her voice remained calm and soft. She already knew why Jessica was acting the way she is but she just want to hear it from the girl herself. Her hand which was being pushed away now holds onto Jessica’s shoulders.

“You… Don’t. Touch me.” She shoved Yuri’s hands away. “Don’t touch me with those hands! Go to your ex and touch her instead!” Jessica pushed Yuri’s shoulders, causing her to stagger back a little.

Not giving up, Yuri walked up to her again slowly. “She was the one hugging me. Sica… It’s just a hug.”

“Yes! JUST a hug! But with your ex!” Jessica kept screaming at Yuri, hitting her shoulders too. “How do I know if there was any feelings put into it or not!?” Tears of anger streamed down her red cheeks. Her face was red.

“There was none! Trust me! I don’t have any feelings for her anymore.” Yuri grabbed onto Jessica’s fisted hands, stopping her from hurting her body.

“Don’t lie to me.” Again, Jessica pulled her hands away and wiped her tears.

“I am not…” Yuri gave up, her hands now hanging by her sides, with her shoulders drooped.

Jessica shook her head, still wiping her tears and looking down again. “Leave me alone.” She hissed.

Yuri nodded weakly and headed out of the house. She left her bike at the road side, not wishing to get into an accident due to her uncontrolled emotions at that moment.

She took the bus to her friend’s café, expecting Tiffany and Taeyeon to be there.

True enough, when she arrived, the two saw her walking in with heavy shoulders and a worn out expression on her face. They watched as she sat down with them, feeling worried.

“I guess she didn’t listen.” Tiffany said.

Yuri nodded, sighing and leaned back against the chair lifelessly. “You will try talking to her?”

“Yeah, I will… try my best.” Tiffany took a sip of her coffee, glancing at Taeyeon who nodded at her.

“Don’t force her if she doesn’t want to believe you. I’ll just… leave her…”

“That’s rubbish, Yuri.” Taeyeon frowned at her. “You can’t do that.”

“Maybe I can.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other, knowing what’s on each other’s mind. Their plan.

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

i laughed reading the comments. xD
patience is virtue. :)

i already prepared the next chapter.
look forward for some taeny ^^
it's a little... idk if i need to make it rated M. eue
but it's not that baddd. so i guess it'll be okay... x3
hopefully.

and sorry for making this chapter sad. and short. e.e 
and making you guys mad. ><