Chapter 2

Fate?

*RING RING*

Jessica's concentration on her work was interrupted by the consistent ringing of her phone. Without checking who the caller is, she picked it up and answered the call.

"Come here fast. I'll wait at the bench outside the cafe." Jessica looked at the time after hanging up. It was then that she realised it was already late at night and she have been working for hours. At the thought of that, she started feeling hungry. 

Not wasting any time, she quickly saved her work and sent it to her own email, and switched off the laptop. She grabbed her handphone, her purse, her car keys, and Tiffany's house keys, which was all on the table beside the laptop, and then rushed off to fetch Tiffany.

 

"What took you so long?" Tiffany said as she sit inside the car beside Jessica.

"Mianhe. I got carried away doing work." Jessica started driving off.

"So, you're done with your work?" she yawned after finishing off her sentence. 

"Nope, not yet. Looks like I have to sleep at your place."
Tiffany glanced at Jessica who was smiling sheepishly at her. 

"Whatever. But you know I don't have food at home."

"That's why I'm stopping here." Jessica pulled up along the roadside and stopped the engine. "I'm hungry. Let's eat." 

They went to a 24 hours fast food restaurant along the street to have their late dinner.

 

During their dinner, they talked about their work and how their day was. Amidst their conversation, Tiffany's face lit up all of a sudden and she popped out a question, "Ah! When are you going to call that woman?"

"I don't know. Tomorrow maybe?" Jessica slumped.

"I can call her for you if you want to." Tiffany suggested. She don't even know why she had came up with the idea but she just wanted to help her friend.

"Can you?" her face brightened up as she looked at Tiffany. Her friend just nodded, seeing no problem with it.
"Thank you so much! You're the best friend I've ever had." 

They continued eating after that, deciding to call Yuri the next morning.

 

***

 

That night, Yuri couldn't sleep. She was still wondering when the girl will call her.

'What if she doesn't need any repayment? What if she lost my namecard and couldn't contact me?'.
'What if we never meet again? Nooooo. Why am I even worrying about all this?'

The thoughts kept stirring in her mind. They were keeping her awake and making her nervous for no reason. She kicked her legs, ruffled her hair, and grunted at herself.

"Gahhh! Get out of my head!!" she screamed and buried herself under her blanket.

 

***

 

"Finally! Weekend's here!" The dark-skinned girl stretched her hands as she yawned, just awoken by the bright rays of sunlight entering her room through the curtains. She took her morning shower, not having even single thought about the incident that happened just the day before. The incident that have been bothering her all night.

While having her breakfast, her handphone rang and she hurried into her room to get her phone. On her way to her room, she mumbled to herself, "Who would call me on a Saturday morning?"

She hesitated for awhile to pick up the call from an unknown but she answered anyway.

"Hello?" she greeted.

"Is this Kwon Yuri?" the caller had asked, making Yuri more irritated that her breakfast was interrupted.

'You called me and yet you're not sure it's me?' she thought as she said "Yes" agitatedly to the girl on the other line.

"Yesterday, at the cafe. Laptop. Coffee. Bam, spoiled. Remember?" At that second, the memory came flooding back in her mind. She gasped.

"Ah neh neh. I remember. I'll see you later?" she smiled at the thought of meeting the girl. "I'll send you where. Anyways, sorry for the trouble I caused."

"Okay. As long as you pay for the damage, it's fine." the girl said with no slight sincere in her tone.

Yuri was a little disappointed with the way the girl had talked and the words she used, but the girl had the rights to be angry at her. When she was about to say something else, the line went off. The girl had hung up.

After thinking of a good place to meet the girl, she sent a message to the number, telling her of the location, and then saved the number under the name, 'Laptop Girl'.

She got a reply instantly.

From: Laptop Girl
Okay. See you there at 1pm. Fyi, the laptop you spoiled costed me $3,600.

Yuri's mouth hung open at the sight of the price and her eyes balled out. She even blinked her eyes a few times to check if she was seeing properly.

'What the...'

To: Laptop Girl
Don't worry. I'll pay.

She sighed out heavily as she pressed the send button.

 

***

 

At Tiffany's house...

"Wow. She's so relaxed and didn't sound worried at all." Tiffany said after hanging up the phone.

Jessica, who have been watching her since the beginning of the phone call, shrugged her shoulders. "She's a boss of a rich company. What does she have to worry about? Have you told her the price of the laptop?"

"Oh ya." Tiffany took back Jessica's phone to message Yuri but a message came in as soon as she unlocked the phone. "Huh. Even asking you to meet her at a high-class restaurant." she said after reading the text.

"Ugh. You go. I'll just wait in the car or something."

Tiffany clenched her teeth and glared at Jessica who pretended like she did nothing wrong.

"I've already call her for you, Jess." Tiffany said slowly and sternly.

Jessica showed her pleading face again. "Please... Just this once. I'll do whatever you want." Her lips smiled widely and she raised her palm up to her face, showing that she promise.

Tiffany grinded her teeth as a respond to her friend's aegyo. To stop Jessica from showing more, Tiffany unwillingly agreed to take her place, breathing out air sharply after that.

 

***

 

"I'll walk around here. Be quick, okay." Jessica reminded Tiffany before seeing her off into the restaurant she was supposed to meet Yuri at.

Tiffany entered the restaurant awkwardly.
She have never been to such an expensive restaurant, althought she can afford it. The dim lights and the slow song playing were giving her a somewhat creepy feeling. Looking around for Yuri, she saw a girl sitting alone at one of the tables-for-two and took light steps towards her.

 

Yuri was fidgeting with her phone, and her feet was tapping continuously on the hard wood floor. A small cough spunned her head around.

"Ehem. Kwon Yuri?" she was surprised to see the person standing infront of her. She was expecting for the girl but the one that had appeared was the waitress she had bumped into.

Confused, she asked.

"Was that laptop yours?" Her face was like a blur kid.

Tiffany took the seat infront of Yuri although she was not invited to.

"No. Jessica's busy & asked me to come on behalf of her." she lied.

Yuri sighed mentally, so as not show any disappointment to the girl infront of her. Not wanting to stay any longer with the unknown girl, she took out the cheque from her pocket and passed it to Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at it for a few seconds before smiling at Yuri.

'Wow Her smile...' Tiffany's bright smile had caused Yuri's heart to skip a beat.

"Thank you, for being responsible for your mistake. I need to go now." she waved the cheque at Yuri as she stood up and took her leave.

 

Again, Yuri sighed and scratched her head. She puffed her cheeks and blew out air from slowly.
She stayed in the restaurant for a while and finished up her drink.

Yuri had decided to walk around the mall for a while since she had no urgent work to complete and lately, she have not spend some time for herself.

 

***

 

"I'm tired and hungry. Let's go home." the blonde girl grabbed the brunette's hand and dragged her to the lift lobby.

"I just want to look at that shoe..." Tiffany trailed off, struggling to pull her hand from Jessica's. The girl had managed to bring her to the lift lobby.
"You could have asked nicely and not pull me like a kid." she brushed off her wrist which have been freed from Jessica's tight grip. 

Jessica just ignored her and pressed the button. Her face grimaced while waiting for the lift which was taking a long time to reach the level they were at. Tiffany was just behind her, still frowning and still angry at Jessica for dragging her out of the shop.

After a few seconds of waiting, the door of the lift opened. 

They gasped.

 

TBC

 

wonder what they saw... hehe.

i will update soon! :)

thanks for subscribing! <3