Chapter 18

Fate?

 

Taeyeon nervously approached tiffany's table when she was packing. They had finished work and it was time for them to go home.
 
"Hey." Taeyeon called her. Tiffany looked up. "Do you wanna go supper together? I'm hungry." Taeyeon rubbed her growling stomach at the same time.

"Okay!" Tiffany automatically packed her things faster.

 
Taeyeon checked the whole place if everything was in place as they were the last two in there. She switched off the unused lights and waited for Tiffany by the glass door, her hand on the switch, getting ready to switch it off.

"Okay, let's go." Tiffany pushed the glass door and held it open for Taeyeon. Taeyeon switched off the main lights and they walked to the lift together.

The lights at the lift lobby were already dimmed as it was way past office hours.

"It's my first time staying at work till this late." Tiffany stated, looking at the time.

"Well, you'll have to get used to it. A secretary's job is very demanding." Taeyeon smiled.

"How long have you worked here?" Tiffany asked.

"A few years. I came in before Yuri took over her dad."

"Ah.. Why aren't you promoted to secretary, then?"

Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yuri offered me the job a lot of times. But i turned them down."
 
Tiffany was taken aback by the unexpected answer. "Why??" she asked in amusement.

"Just... reasons."

At that time, the lift came. They got into it and didn't talk for a few seconds.

"Your reasons.. By chance, are they still there?"

Taeyeon thought for awhile. "It doesn't matter anymore. They might not be just the reasons that stop me from being a secretary. But may be reasons for me to stop working here too."

Tiffany was more surprised by that. "Is it very serious? Does it have to do with your health condition? Are you okay?" Tiffany bombarded her with all the questions that popped into her mind.

"Calm down... They're nothing serious. Instead, they seem illogical."
 
Just then, the elevator stopped. The lights flickered.
 
"Ugh..." taeyeon murmured.

"What's happening?" Tiffany moved closer to Taeyeon as she was afraid.
 
The lights went off. She let out a tiny scream and grabbed taeyeon's arms.
 
"Relax. This happens.. It'll just randomly hang late at night and early morning cos it stayed too long at the ground level. Old an rusty." Taeyeon explained. "Elevators get tired too." She joked to lighten up the atmosphere but instead got a slap on the arm.

"Not funny." Tiffany frowned but keep her hold on Taeyeon tight.

A few seconds later, the light flickered back on and it started moving again. They realised how close they were, seeing themseleves in the reflection on the door. Tiffany released her grip and slowly step aside.

"Looks like you can't go home alone in the future." Taeyeon teased.

"Yeah. So, you'll have to be with me everytime." Tiffany was partly joking but it made Taeyeon smiled and blushed hard.
 
'Believe me, I want to always be with you.' Taeyeon's heart whispered.

They ate at a ramen shop and went home straight after that, unwillingly bading each other goodbye.
 
 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
 
 
"Ahhhhh~" Jessica stretched her arms and yawned, looking around the place. The workers there were already wiping tables, and overturning the chairs on the tables. One was mopping the floor while the other counting money in the cashier. She then looked back at Yuri. Yuri was busy typing and yawning at the same time.

"Let's continue tomorrow." Jessica said, still staring at the girl.
 
"Lemme finish this part first." Yuri replied.

Then, one of the workers came up to their table. "Sorry ma'am, we're closing in 15 minutes time. So, you'll have to leave soon." She bowed to them at the same time.

"Yeah, we're leaving soon. Thanks." Jessica nodded and smiled at the girl who left after that. Then, she stood up and compiled yuri's papers together. "Come on Yuri. We have to go now."

"Wait... Okay done!" She clapped her hand on the table and then saved her work before closing the laptop, leaving it on sleep mode.
 
She took her own sweet time keeping her stuff inside her bag and Jessica got impatient. One of the workers was watching them, waiting for them to leave so that he can clean their table.
 
"Palliiii." Jessica said when Yuri had just finished packing. "Let's go." She grabbed Yuri's arm and pulled her out of the shop.

"Annyeong~" Jessica waved with her left hand and slid her right one down Yuri's arm slowly as she walk away to the opposite direction Yuri's walking to.

Shivers ran down Yuri's spine as she stuttered. "A-annyeong.."
 
 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
 


As soon as Jessica got back home, she threw all her things on her chair. "Oh my! So tired!" and it caught her attention. She picked up the jacket on her chair. Then, she smiled. "Mianhe Yuri." She put it back down and got herself into a deep sleep without changing her clothes. She was too tired.
 
 


'Ah... How demanding my job is. Jjinjja. Even having to burn my weekends to work.' Jessica moaned as she dragged herself to the toilet.

She took her time to dress up and get out of the house. She didn't have to rush as she was nowhere near late. She even constantly reminded herself to bring Yuri's jacket.


 
Jessica reversed her car into an empty lot in a shady area. The engine and music turned off after she pulled out her car keys. She walked slowly along the concrete pavement in the park, searching for the table Yuri is at.
 
A smile spread across her face when she saw Yuri standing by the tree as if waiting for someone.
 
Taking more steps forward, a lady infront of yuri, blocked by the tree before, was then revealed. Jessica's steps slowed down instinctively. She saw the lady waving at Yuri, giving a smile, before turning around and walking away. She watched as Yuri brought up her hand slowly and waved back, mouthing the word "annyeong". Yuri too was smiling but it showed more disbelief than happiness. Yuri watched the lady walk away for a while and then turned around, going back to her table. She was looking down all the while so she didn't saw Jessica coming.

'Who's that girl...' Jessica thought.
 
"Hmmm." A mischevious idea came up her mind. She walked quietly up to Yuri from behind her. At that time, she was thankful that she wasn't wearing high heels.

Nearing her target, she held out her hands infront of the latter's face and covered her eyes with them.
 
The lady, being surprised, gasped and tried pulling away the hands from her eyes.
 
"Yah who are you??" She turned her face around but Jessica held her hands there, not letting the girl see her easily.
 
Jessica was enjoying her prank and started giggling silently. She leaned forward, bringing her face near to Yuri's and whispered into Yuri's ear. "Guess who..."

Not knowing that what she did was making Yuri a little uncomfortable, she got shocked when yuri screamed "Yah! Nan molla! Neon nugu ya??!"
 
"Omo. Calm down Kwon." She slowly take back her hands to the side and went to the empty side of the table opposite Yuri.

"Yahhhh." Yuri whined. "Jessicaaa!"
 
"Keke. Hey, i forgot to give your jacket back last night." Jessica took the jacket which she hung over her slingbag and put it on the table infront of Yuri.
 
"Ah! my favourite jacket!" Yuri took it and sniffed in the smell of it, closing her eyes as she took in the smell like a drug addict sniffing in drugs. jessica just smiled at her ridiculously.
 
"What are you smiling at?" Yuri asked when she opened back her eyes.
 
"You're so childish."
 
"Mwo?"

"Let's get to work!" Jessica shoved everything aside, including Yuri's jacket and her question. then laid her working materials on the table.
 
"Heyyyyy, I need those to do my work." Yuri shifted back her books infront of her.
 
 
 
For that day's meeting, they finished off what was left from the night before and then started on the interior designing of the rental houses.
 
On her architecture pad, Jessica sketched out her idea for one of the villas, drawing the details of decors in every level. She even roughly drew out the furnitures which she wants inside it. Actually, it was the visionary of her dream house.
 
"Wow. You've actually thought about all these." Yuri stared at her in amazement seeing how she was so focused. Not like how she always have been.

"I imagine about houses alot." Jessica smiled as she finished off the draft and tear off the paper, giving it to Yuri before starting on her other idea.
 
Yuri examined the drawings carefully. It was so delicate.
 
She pictured herself in the house.
 
With Jessica.
 
Spending their time together.
 
She stared at the paper for what takes like forever. Jessica even finished her draft for her 2nd idea.
 
"Mmm." Jessica smiled in satisfaction. Never have she thought that she could produce alot in less than an hour. Well, 2 is a lot for her. "This are the two different ideas I have. One which is more classic and the other more rough and ranch-like. How is it?"

Yuri was still awed by jessica's ideas. "How did you do that? I mean, you- you got ideas so fast like the speed of a- a- a bullet!"

Jessica laughed at the compliment she received. "Nah... I've actually thought of all this since long ago. I just couldn't find any project where I can use this ideas on." She smiled to herself. She herself could not believe that she came out with all those in such a short period of time.
 
"I guess you should stop now. You deserve the rest. Let me edit here and there. And maybe come out with another design for smaller houses." Yuri suggested.

"No, i'll help you." Jessica shook her head and offered her help.

They were busy concentrating on their work when Yuri's phone vibrated and caught both of their attention, distracting them. Yuri picked up her phone and pressed a few things before putting it back. She sighed.
 
"What's wrong?" Jessica asked out of curiosity.
 
"Nothing." Yuri shook her head. 
 
They went back to work. Silence was the noise. They only talked when necessary.
 
 
Jessica was feeling dejected because Yuri didn't want to confide to her. She knew she didn't have the right to know but she had become too attached to Yuri, that she wished she was the one Yuri would complain things to, share her problems, sadness, and even happiness with.
 
Meanwhile, Yuri was controlling her anger. She was irritated that her friend that was with her earlier had cancelled their meeting which was supposed to be on that night.
 
 
After their meeting for that day ended, they packed their stuff quietly, still not saying anything to each other.
 
"Bye. See you soon." Jessica started walking away first after waving to the other girl.
 
"Bye." Yuri watched her with sad eyes.
 
"Wait. Jessica." 
 
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
hehe. suspense.
sorry i took quite long to update.
i was on a holiday for a week, and couldn't manage to update before i left. ><
 
anyways, thanks for the comments! 
they are motivations for me! ^^
 
gomawoyooooooo~ <3
will update asap! :D