Chapter 17

Fate?

FINALLY AN UPDATE!
was busy with tests i couldn't write. :(
sorry i kept you waiting so long... 
please forgive me. *innocent face* keke. ^^
so here goes the next chapter!

 

The next two days were mundane.

It was like her normal routine. Going to work in the morning. Going lunch with Sunny and Tiffany at Sooyoung's restaurant (as it is now). Talking about things and gossiping about people with the three of them. After which,, they go back to work and went home at night, not meeting up again for dinners.

Although the two days were not tiring for Jessica, she didn't feel completely happy. She felt like she was missing something. Or maybe someone.
During lunch, she would look around for Yuri. The others noticed, and had smirked to themselves, knowing what was in Jessica's mind.

"Looking for who, Sica?" Tiffany asked, smiling mischieviously.

"Huh?" Jessica turned back to look at her. She wanted to ask Tiffany where Yuri was but she didn't want to embarass herself because she knows that they will just about it. "What?" She pretended she heard nothing.

"Looking for who, my dear Jung Sooyeon..." Tiffany asked again while the other two girls giggled.

"No one." Jessica gave them the 'why are you asking me that?' face.

"Someone's lying..." Sunny sang as she twirled her fork around her spaghetti.

"I'm not lying!" Jessica forked a cut piece of her chicken and frowned at Sunny. The short girl laughed in return and continued eating.

'She's so cute.' Sooyoung thought, smiling but pretending to be laughing along with the rest of them.

No one asked her but Tiffany told them about Yuri. The information was of course intended for Jessica but Tiffany knows that the girl is shy still and don't want them to know she actually cares about her "enemy" or ex-enemy. "I think I can get in office a little later. Yuri must still be in her lunch meeting with her client." 

Jessica blushed at hearing her name being said.

"Eh? Meeting? Wae are you not with her?" Sunny asked. A secretary should always follow his/her boss for meetings and work events.

"Oh. She said that I didn't have to follow. That there's no important things that I need to take note of." 

"Oh...." Sunny nodded her head, pouting at the same time. "Yah, don't you have any meetings that are not so important that I don't have to follow along?" She turned to Jessica instantly, bobbing her head up.

"You get paid for just following me, okay." Jessica glared at her. 

"Tiffany get paid even for not following her!" Sunny argued back.

"Do you want to go work with her now??" Jessica scolded her in a joking manner and then scoffed. 

"Can I?" The short girl who's known for her aegyo that can make people punch her, put her fisted hands under her chin and blinked innocently at Jessica, as if pleading. 

"Andwae!" Jessica poked her tongue out at Sunny and then went back to eating.

"Guys, guys. You shouldn't fight infront of food." Sooyoung muffled with full, staring at the two of them unbelievably. 

"Shikshin." Tiffany and Jessica said together at the same time, giving each other a high-five after they realised that.

 

 

***

 

 

Jessica woke up feeling light that Friday. She was looking forward to meeting Yuri after work.

At work, she completed her paper works quickly so she could meet Yuri earlier. The girl was being impatient and more restless every hour, every minute. During lunch, she was so hyper, with the thought of finally she will be seeing Yuri after two long boring days.

Her friends were surprised by her sudden change in mood. The day before, Jessica was all sullen, tired and sleepy, and complaining how lethargic she felt. However, on that day, she was the complete opposite. She never stopped smiling, and was talking alot more. And about happy things and funny things too. She became someone her friends never thought she would be like. Even her employees thought something got into her that she became all optimistic and was like a happy-go-lucky-girl.

While others never saw this side of her before, Tiffany had. It wasn't too long ago. 

 

*Flashback*

Jessica led herself to Tiffany's bedroom once TIffany welcomed her into her house. She threw herself on the queen-sized bed with pink fluffy blanket. "Ahhhhh~" She spread her arms above her head and closed her eyes, smiling to herself. 

Tiffany, who came into the bedroom after her, sat on the edge of the bed and stared at her best friend suspiciously. "You look unusually happy today. What's up?" Tiffany continued staring at the girl whose smile got wider, and was slightly blushing. "Stop smiling to yourself like some retard. Tell me what happened!" Tiffany slapped Jessica's thighs.

Jessica shot up all of a sudden and grabbed Tiffany's shoulder, shaking her whole body. "Guess what happened!" 

"Ah okay stop shaking me!" Tiffany pulled Jessica's hands away from her shoulder and held it tight so that Jessica can't do any other annoying stuff. "You met Jay?" She guessed.

"Nooo. We always meet him. But close!" Jessica giggled, surely thinking about what happened before.

"Erm.... You two went out together?" Tiffany tried again but received shaking of Jessica's head. "I give up! Just tell me. PALLI!" Tiffany frowned and flapped her crossed legs, making the bed bounce a few times.

"Arasso arasso." Jessica held Tiffany's thighs down to stop her flappings. "He asked me out! For dinner. Tonight!" 

"Awwww!" Then they both started jumping around while hugging. "I'm so happy for you! A wish come true." Tiffany patted the girl's back, sincerely feeling happy for her.

*End of Flashback*

 

'Can I trust Yuri?' Tiffany thought, worried for her best friend.
 

When it was time for her to leave the company to meet Yuri, she skipped to the lift lobby, filled with melancholy. "Annyeong everybody! Annyeon Sunny! See you soon!" She smiled wider than she have ever had.

Meanwhile, the other staff were whispering among themselves. 

"Did you see that?!" "What a miracle." "I wish she would stay like this everyday." "I know right!"

Sunny giggled at their comments while trying to do her work. She was having the same thoughts as them.

 

 

***

 

 

Jessica drove safely to the cafe they planned to meet at. Not Sooyoung's cafe but a different one where there are lesser visitors and more suitable  for people like them to do their work at.

Yuri was standing by the roadside, leaning against her parked motorbike, and was busy with her phone. She didn't realise Jessica had reached. Well, at least until before Jessica stepped out of the car and her strong perfume diffused into the whole air surrounding her. Yuri turned to the direction where the scent was coming from. She gulped seeing Jessica closing the door gently. 'Gorgeous...'

Jessica was wearing a one-piece that was really short, and exposing most of her thighs. She wore a long cardigan too but still it didn't cover any other part of her body other than her arms. Her hair, was as perfect as always.

"Hey, Yuri. Annyeong." Jessica took a few steps towards Yuri, waving to the girl who was still in awe.

"H-hi. We finally meet again huh?" Yuri said as slow as possible so as not to stutter.

"Yeah. How long have you been waiting?" Jessica asked as they walk to an empty four-seater table in the shop, where there's a socket beside it.

"Not that long." Yuri took off her leather jacket and placed it on the empty space beside her.

"I thought I was early but surprisingly you already reached first before I do." Jessica took the piece of napkin and tried to cover her thighs. But the napkin was too small for that purpose.

"Here. Use my jacket." Yuri lend her jacket to Jessica and said, "And don't wear too short dresses next time." She frowned at the same time. Jessica giggled cheekily, "Hehe. Okay, ma'am."

They ordered their caffeinated drinks to keep themselves awake for the night and continued where they left off two days ago.


"But I think it should have this." Jessica interrupted Yuri and pointed at one of her ideas. 

"Eh?" Yuri stopped and examine the scribbles on it. She thought that it would be better if they don't have it and put other things inside. "But we don't have space for that. Besides, there's already enough entertainment.The one in the other area."

"Noooo, that's different." Jessica whined.

Yuri laughed a little and stated again her stand. "No it's not, my dear. Look." She started explaining why it was similar. It silenced Jessica for a while. 

"But- Then what will we have here?" She asked, trying to challenge Yuri again. She was pouting a little.

"We planned to build the park here, remember?" Yuri showed the design of the park they had came out with the last time they met.

"Oh. Yeah." Jessica pouted. She really wanted the entertainment centre to be there but then it knocked her.

"So, the park here...." Yuri said as she wrote some things on their plan board. After which, she looked up to see the pouting girl. "What's wrong? Not okay with it? I can change it-"

"No, nothing's wrong! We've agreed on the park. I just forgotten about it." Jessca shook her head and pursed her lips.

"Okay..." Yuri eyed Jessica suspiciously.

"Wae are you looking at me like that?" Jessica threw the napkin at Yuri's face. Merely because she was shy with Yuri looking at her like that.

Yuri managed to catch the napkin in time and started laughing. "You're so funny you know that." She folded back the napkin neatly and put it aside. Jessica wrinkled her nose. "Okay, let's carry on with our work. The faster we finish, the better." Yuri smiled and got ready to write.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

well, that's all for now. i'm too sleepy to continue.
my eyes are closing soon.... *yawns*
i'll update very soon!! 
cos it's school holiday and i have more free time! xD
see you all in another chapter~ ^^
look out for a little taeny next chap. :b
annyeong! gomawoyo! <3