Chapter 24

Fate?

Finally, the day arrived.

 

At Jessica's...

"Girl, you look perfect already. Come on. We gotta leave now." Tiffany, like an ahjumma, had both her hands holding onto her hips. She was nagging at her friend who have been looking at the mirror, checking herself over and over again, for the past 15 minutes or so.

For the umpteenth time, Jessica twirled her hair, bringing it infront, putting them back behind and bring it infront again.

"Jessica Jung!!" Tiffany half-screamed when the girl didn't respond to her.

"Arasso arasso!" The girl whined back at her and checks herself for the last time before getting out of the house.

''

At Yuri's...

"Hmm navy blue." Yuri picked out a formal shirt of the colour and wore it, folding the sleeves up to her elbow. On top of it, she put on a dark grey vest, matching the colour of her skinny pants, leaving the vest . 

She tied up her hair, and clipped up her fringe. After that, she made sure she have everything in her bag before leaving. 'You'll do good, Yuri. Don't be scared.'

 

 

***

 

 

Both parties met at the lobby of the convention centre where presentations for big projects are being held at everytime.

"Hey, you're late." Jessica frowned at Yuri, pointing at the tie.

"At least not for the presentation." Yuri chuckled, receiving a glare from the blonde. "Sorry, I took the car. I'm not used to driving cars first.

"Yah, it's not like we reached 10 minutes ago. We just reached too." Tiffany nudged the blonde friend, smiling at Yuri afterwards. 

 

A few seconds later, Taeyeon arrived with Sunny.

"Hi." Taeyeon waved at the trio.

"Hey. You two came together?" Tiffany smiled back at her and asked.

"Yeah, we met at the train station and came together." Sunny answered, knowing what her friend was thinking, and laughed softly to herself after that.

"Ani. We met at the carpark." Taeyeon immediately denied Sunny.

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Sunny.

"Soooo, let's go now." Yuri interrupted. The others nodded and followed Yuri.

They were lead into a ballroom with many round tables. At the front, there was a large projector screen above a large platform. People were seated around the tables. They looked for the empty table with their company names labelled on it and took their seats.

"So, are you two ready?" Sunny asked, looking at Yuri and Jessica who both had a somehow nervous look on their face.

Both gave Sunny the same response, nodding their head quickly while holding their breath.

"You guys can do it. Jung and Kwon collaboration. Gotta be the biggest thing ever." Sunny gave some words of encouragement. "Do your daddies proud. Hwaiting!" She pumped her fist in a too cute manner. 

The group chuckled bitterly.

 

The first few companies had have their turns presenting and it will be their turn after 15 minutes of intermission.

Both took a few sips of water. Yuri got off and offered Jessica her hand which she took naturally as she got off her chair too. Not to their awareness, their group of friends were smirking at each other watching the sweet scene infront of them.

Yuri took her laptop with one hand and, like a couple, she led Jessica to the front of the ballroom, to where the platform is. The girls had their eyes on them all the way.

Yuri set up her laptop while Jessica was just standing there smiling at the crowd, showing slight nervousness. After the girl was done, she walked over to the other side of Jessica, squeezing her arms lightly on her way.

Remembering that she had Yuri with her, Jessica gained more confidence and her weariness faded bit by bit.

"Ready?" Yuri whispered to Jessica who nods after that.

 

 

***

 

 

"With that, I end off our presentation. Thank you very much." Both of them bowed to their audience and the "big boss" and left the stage after that.

"Good job guys!" Their friends applauded for them for the second time without the crowd. 

They stayed in until the last presentation ended about two hours later. 

 

"Wow. That was really good." Jessica complimented the last presenter. 

"Ours is still the best to me." Yuri scoffed. 

"Ah kajja." Jessica took Yuri by her hand and pulled her out of the ballroom, leaving their friends dumbfounded.

"She. Didn't. Just. Left. Me. Here." Tiffany stared at their backs.

"She did, Tiffany. Let's go Sunny." Taeyeon and Sunny started making their way out too.

"Yah! YAH! Don't leave me here!" Tiffany scurried after them. "Meanie!"

 

They had their reception in another ballroom while waiting for the "judges" finalise their results and choose whose idea they want to use for the project. An hour later, they were invited back in for the announcement of the results.

Everybody was more nervous for the results then they were for their presentation. Jessica and Yuri were no exception.

The head director of the organising company gave a short speech on his opinions for all presentations. After which, he finally announce the "winner".

"The team have discussed and taken a lot of considerations. We believe that the company OR companies which we are handing this project over to will do the almost perfect job. Because nothing is perfect right?" He chuckled for a while, sweeping his eyes across the ballroom. His audience followed suit, nodding after him. "So..." He took a deep breath. "Congratulations Jung and KW Corps upon receiving this huge project." The man smiled in their direction before leaving the platform.

The whole crowd applaud for them while they just look stunned and bows to everyone around them. The head director came to their table and gave them the project files and also a handshake. "If there's any problems with this, just contact us." He nodded before leaving everything in their hands.

"Thank you sir." They bowed to the man who nods at them again.

 

"So? Party?" Taeyeon suggested as they left the place. 

"Wait. Sooyoung called." Tiffany got on the phone for a minute. "She's reaching in a minute!" She beamed. They waited outside the entrance for Sooyoung.

Tiffany was not kidding when she said a minute. A taxi pulled up infront of them and Sooyoung walked out of it like a model with her skinny long legs. 

"So how did it go?" She wiggled her eyebrows at the two bosses. 

The group had on them a disappointed face, a prank they planned to pull up on Sooyoung in the minute they were waiting. 

"...It's okay you know. There's always other chances.." Sooyoung started babbling and they all erupted into laughters.

"We got it!" Jessica sang, holding the file up at her face. 

"I hate you girls.." Sooyoung breathed under her flared nose but her eyes lit up immediately after that. "Let's celebrate over some drinks! My treat!" 

 

 

***

 

 

They arrived at a club Sooyoung brought them to. Sitting in a circle, around a round table, they held up their drinks up. 

"To Yuri's and Jessica's success!!" Sooyoung cheered. The rest repeated after her and clanked their glasses. They drank their first shot together at the same time, laughing after that. For a few minutes, they talked and laughed over a few more glasses of drinks. 

"Yuri, I'm warning you not to get yourself drunk and watch Jessica." Tiffany grabbed Yuri's arm and whispered, knowing Jessica better than anyone else. "She can't control herself well." She added.

"Okayy." Yuri nodded.

Tiffany left to the dance floor with Sunny, with her glass in her hand. The girl can drink a lot but never get drunk unlike her best friend.

"Watch her." Sooyoung got up, winking at Yuri before joining her cousin.

 

Jessica was into her fifth glass when Yuri stopped her. "Heyy, control yourself babe." Yuri took it away from her hand and put it aside.

"What? I'm thirsty. Gimme back mah drink, Yul..." she slurred, stretching her arm to get back her glass of drink.

"No, Sica." Yuri pushed the glass further away from Jessica's reach. Jessica might be blonde but she is definitely not stupid. She took the bottle and drank from it.

"Yah yah yah!" Yuri pulled the bottle from her too.

Taeyeon just watched and shook her head at the two. Then, she continued watching Tiffany danced.

Jessica didn't try to take back the bottle. She was already high enough. She got off the chair and dance her way to her friends. Yuri sighed and followed her.

"Join us, Tae." Yuri asked Taeyeon but Taeyeon shook her head.

"No, thanks." She smiled. 'Dancing with Tiffany would be too irresistable...'

 

While Yuri was finding her way through the crowd, a guy came up behind Jessica, trying to get near her. Jessica turned around, saw the guy and started dancing along with him. She wasn't thinking at all. The guy got nearer and nearer, almost making their body touch. He held Jessica's shoulder and slid down his hand down her arms. It was all not registered in Jessica's head.

Yuri finally found her and shoved the guy by the shoulder and pulled Jessica's wrist. "Stay away, ." Yuri hissed at the guy who surrendered and moved away, smirking.

 

"Heyyyyy." Jessica twisted her hand to free herself from Yuri's frip but in vain. She was literally dragged by Yuri out of the club. 

"I'm taking you home. You're too drunk." Yuri opened the door of her car and pushed Jessica in. She felt bad but she had to do it.

"No, I'm not! I'm perfectly fine!" Jessica protested and was about to get out of the car but Yuri managed to lock the doors on time. 

"Just sleep, Sica..." Yuri said before driving home. During their journey, Jessica kept humming to songs and was behaving like a small child. Yuri smiled, finding it cute. But it was just because she's drunk.

Yuri held her hands until they reached Jessica's house. She was thankful that the girl followed obediently just like a child would follow her mother.

"Lie down first, okay? I'll get you some milk." Yuri tucked Jessica into her bed and get a cup of milk for her.

She expected Jessica to have fallen asleep. However, the 23 year old girl was jumping on her bed. Yuri sighed as she came in and put the mug on the bedside table. She pulled Jessica down. "Stop jumping, or you'll break your bed."

Jessica did as she was told to. 

Yuri was turning around to reach for the mug when the sitting Jessica grabbed her shoulder. "Yuri...."

"Yes, Sica?" Yuri turned her face back.

Jessica took a deep breath as she inched closer to Yuri. "I love you." She whispered before softly kissing Yuri on her lips.

"I love you too." Yuri cupped Jessica's cheeks.

Yuri planned to give Jessica just a peck but it became a rough and passionate kiss. Yuri could taste the alcohol in Jessica's mouth.

Jessica slowly leaned back and lied down while Yuri leaned in. She was on top of Jessica, her hands supporting her body. Jessica wrapped her hands around Yuri's neck, not wanting Yuri to go away.

They stopped every once in a while for a few seconds to catch their breath, but continued as soon as they did. Because they just can't resist each other. They never stopped kissing, rolling around on the bed, one on top of the other.

 

 

 

TBC

 

i need yulsic moments.......... there's barely any these days. ><
and the rumours about khunfany 3 my taeny Dx

anyway, i'll be taking quite some time to update the next chapter. cos of school stuff ugh. orz

keke. thanks guysss <3

 

P.S: Sica's "rap" in flower power!! *o* /dies/