Chapter 20

Fate?

That Sunday, Jessica decided to spend the whole day resting but she didn't want it to be at home. She took her phone and dialed Tiffany's number. 

"Hey, mushroom. Meet me at the park at 2pm? I wanna get some air." She said as soon as Tiffany answered the call.

"Why? Something's wrong?" Tiffany asked because she find it way too sudden and weird. It was always her asking Jessica out. Never the other way round.

"Nothing! I just need some fresh air!" Jessica whined in the phone. "Better be there! Don't be late." She hung up after that.

 

 

***

 

 

"This girl is getting weird every single day." Tiffany sighed and got up from the sofa. After spending some time cleaning up her house a little, she got ready and left the house, reaching the park just in time.

 

Jessica was standing, leaning against the railing, busy with her phone.

"Boo!" Tiffany walked up slowly to her and tried to scare her but failed. Jessica already saw her coming from far.

"Wow. I'm so scared." Jessica said with full of sarcasm. Tiffany scoffed. Jessica slid her phone into her pocket and locked arms with Tiffany.

They strolled along the designated path in silence that only last for a few seconds.

"There's a reason why you asked me out." Tiffany stated. More like commanding Jessica to spill it out.

"There's none." Jessica denied.

Tiffany stopped and glared at Jessica. The girl sighed, knowing there was no escape from Tiffany.

"I don't know how to put it. But I just don't feel right." Jessica pouted and they continued walking slowly again. This time, Tiffany sighed.

"Did Yuri did something?" Tiffany guessed. 

Jessica shook her head weakly in reply. 

"You sure? Cos if she did, I'm so gonna give her a hard time at work." Tiffany said full of vengeance, her mind already picturing her plans. 

"No, she didn't..." Jessica dragged her words like a small kid. 

"Are you having PMS then?" Tiffany giggled, earning herself a slap on her arm. "Ouch. Then what is it about? Why are you being all so moody?"

"I don't know! Don't ask me. Just be here with me." Jessica grumbled.

Shocked, Tiffany quickly calmed the ice down. "Arasso arasso. Mianhe..." She caressed the ice princess' arm and clinged onto it tighter. The other girl sighed and led them to the nearest bench.

 

They were just sitting, comfortable with the silence. The only sound heard were the birds chirping and the constant breeze. TIffany, being a good best  friend, letting Jessica lean on her. She could feel the girl breathing slowly and deeply.

Tiffany knew something was definitely disturbing her, but she don't know what and she don't dare to ask anymore for that time. She wrapped an arm around Jessica's shoulder, rubbing the round edges of her shoulder, hoping that it would sooth her down. Throwing away whatever that was disturbing her.

 

There is always nobody at the park around that time of the day. Well, the park does not have the best number of visitors to even start with. 

Two figures far ahead them caught Tiffany's attention. She didn't know if she knew them but they just look familiar.

Jessica sniffed and shifted a little, opening her heavy eyes. Tiffany moved her eyes away from the two and looked at Jessica. "Feeling any better."

"Mmm." Jessica just nodded slightly and stared in mid-air, her head still rested on Tiffany's shoulder. 

'Am I dreaming?' Jessica rubbed her eyes. 'Did I see correctly? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?' She blinked her two round eyes a few times and squinted.

The two figure far infront became more clearer to her. Especially when the one on the right turned her head to their direction and removed her hoodie off her head.

"Im Yoona." Jessica whispered, remembering the girl's name from the day before when she was telling her friends. 

Tiffany immediately look up and now realiesd one of the two people she saw was actually the famous celebrity. Not far behind them were two muscled men wearing an all black suit. Probably the star's bodyguards.

"Wonder who's that lucky person with her." Tiffany too squinted her eyes, rying to see. 

Unfortunately, the two busybody girls at the bench couldn't get a glimpse of the other girl. She had her back facing them and was wearing a hoodie too.

A few minutes of staring, Im Yoona and the girl started heading back to the carpark where they were from earlier. Meanwhile, the blonde and brunette on the bench huffed out a sigh of disappointment. Realising the coincidence, they giggled at each other.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri rode her bike to the park.

'Is this the only place she can think of?' Yuri sighed as she arrived at the place already so familiar to her. She was sure she have every crook and corner of the place in her mind already.

Yuri dragged herself to the fountain where she was supposed to meet her friend at.

Having long legs, and for the fact that the park is rather small, she reached the fountain located at the centre of the park in less than 5 minutes. She sighed again, knowing that she had to wait since there was no sign of her friend being there already. 

She made her way to the bench opposite the fountain and slumped herself on it, staring at the pathetic sight infront of her. 

All that was there was a sculpture of a little cupid in the middle, having his bow and arrow pointed upwards, with water spraying out of it. Hence, forming the small fountain it is. 

Surrounding the fountain, were trees that looked old and tired after standing for god knows how many years, and waiting for someone to kill it or chop it down.

'I bet i can draw this thing wih my eyes closed.' Yuri thought.

Getting bored, she played with the zip of her jacket, pulling it up and down. At the same time, shaking her legs like a boss. Well, she is a boss.

 

Not long later, a lady approached Yuri from behind, having a smirk on her face. She watched the girl for a few seconds from far. Then she came nearer and bent down behind the girl who was seated on the bench. 

Taking a deep breath, she crept her hands through the gap of the bench where Yuri's waist was, and poked the girl.

"Yikes!" Yuri shrieked, shocked at being tickled out of nowhere. She turned around to see who it was, even though she know she was expecting a certain someone. 

Apparently, their lips met. Brushing against one another softly. 

Taken aback by the accidental peck, Yuri leaned herself to the side a little, backing her head away from the other girl. "Yoona." She gulped.

Meanwhile, the other girl, Yoona, just smiled and went to the empty space beside Yuri.

"Did you wait long?" Yoona asked, feeling a tiny bit guilty, but she knew Yuri would understand why she's late.

"No, I just got here a few minutes ago." Yuri managed to gather herself quickly and answered her friend calmly. Or, judging or what happened, she is more than just a friend.

"I'm sorry. Let's take a walk." Yoona stood up and took Yuri's hand, pulling Yuri up with her.

"Is this really the only place we can go?" Yuri stood up reluctantly and unknowingly let go of her hand to straighten her clothes. "I'm getting bored of here."

"You know my status. This is the only place that I can safely say no one visits." Yoona pouted a little. "I know. I'm bored of here too. But what can we do?"

"You said that all the time." Yuri replied.

"You kept asking all the time." Yoona gave the same reply back to her.

The conversation was followed by a few steps of silence. 

"Why, Yoona?" Yuri broke the silence. "Why can't we let the whole world see us together? Why are you afraid they would know we're dating?" All the questions that have been bothering Yuri for awhile escaped .

Yoona remained quiet for a while, biting her lips. Fear. Lost. Speechless. Inside, she was feeling all those and many more. "I..." That was the only word, or letter, that was formed in the midst of her messy thoughts.

"I thought you understand." The doe-eyed girl slowly laid out her words. "My job... it does not allow me to-"

"I know that. But. I mean, how obvious can we be? People will only think that we are friends." Yuri argued. She didn't really know why but she just don't feel like the relationship meant anything to Yoona. Or maybe to herself too, now.

"Why now, Yuri?" Yoona cowered at Yuri's sudden outburst and her voice softened. "Why only now you doubt me? You weren't at all bothered last time?" She stopped and faced Yuri.

"I just..." Seeing tears forming in Yoona's eyes, Yuri felt guilty and calmed herself down mentally. She looked up, pressing her temples and sighing deeply. "Look, I'm sorry. Forget it." Hesitantly, Yuri placed her hands on both Yoona's shoulder and pressed it gently, unwillingly looking into her eyes.

The girl might have apologised but the uncertainty in her will never disappear. Uncertainty that their relationship will last long.

 

Their meet-up was a short and insignificant one. Yoona had to rush to her next drama shooting.

Yuri was relieved to have separated ways from Yoona. She couldn't bear any more awkward silence for that day and having to keep her grudges inside of her just so she won't make the girl cry. Typical of Kwon Yuri to not wanting to be the cause of someone's tears.

 

 

***

 

 

'Maybe it was a mistake after all.' Yuri had always had doubts about her relationship between Yoona. It was undefined and was quite a rush. But how would they know. Teenagers were impulsive after all. Doing things without putting enough thoughts, and never considering the consequences of their acts.

Yuri decided to drop by the convenience store on her way back home to get herself a tub of icecream.

On her way out of the store, she bumped into someone who was walking into the store.

"Sorry." Both said at the same time while glancing at each other.

"Yuri?" 

"Soo... Sooyoung?" 

"Hey~ Haven't seen you for a while. How's life?" Yuri was surprised at how Sooyoung was greeting to her like they already know each other for a long time.

"H-hey." She awkwardly answered back. "Good. How bout you?"

They stood by the aisle and talk for a while.

"Never better. Good to be back here in Korea." Sooyoung answered with a smile.

"Uh.. That's great." Yuri nodded. "Not working today?"

"Nope. Took off." Sooyoung grinned like she just won a lottery. "How's Jessica?"

Yuri continued nodding before realising what Sooyoung's question was. "Wh-what? Jessica? Why are you asking me? Aren't you her friend?" Yuri was taken aback for a while. She knew after that that Sooyoung asked her on purpose.

"Yeah. But she spends more time with you these days." Sooyoung gave a sour face. "I'm jealous. She's taken away from me." She joked but Yuri took it a little too seriously.

"Ah. Mianhe. It's only for job matters." Yuri shrugged and puffed her cheeks, her face showing a little sign of sadness.

"Dude~ I'm just kidding. You can have her by all means. She's too whiny for me." Sooyoung chuckled as she patted Yuri's back.

Yuri blushed at the statement. "What the hell, Sooyoung. I need to go now. See you soon." Yuri pretended to look at the time and turned back to the exit.

Sooyoung, still laughing, waved her off before starting her food hunt.

 

 

***

 

 

"Is it true that I want to have her?" Yuri asked herself before going to sleep that night. She kept thinking about Sooyoung's words. Even though it was just for joking purpose, Yuri didn't take the joke really well. She was a little serious about it.

'Do I really like her?'

'What about Yoona?'

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

this chapter focus alot on Yuri. :P 
hope you're not angry with a little YoonYul ><
again, i can't promise that i'll update soon..

any oh how, thank you so much~ <33333