Chapter 1

Fate?

*RING RING*

The bell rang as someone opened the glass door and walked into the cafe.

'Aish. The girl's here. I have a lot of customers now.'
The waitress thought, glancing at the entrance as she keyed in some orders into the 'All-in-one Touch Terminal'.

At the door, a blonde haired girl walked in, and to an empty table, flashing a smile at the black haired waitress behind the counter. The waitress held up her hand to the girl, signaling her to wait.

While the waitress take orders from other customers, the lady who had just arrived, settled down at a table in a less crowded area and switched on her laptop. She started doing her work while waiting for the waitress to come.

 

"Hey Jessica. Why do you come at this time? It's lunch time and there's so many people."
The waitress came and sat on the chair infront of the blonde, bending her laptop screen a bit so that she could see the girl's face.

"I don't care. And why are you sitting? Aren't you suppose to serve tables?"
Jessica straightened back her laptop screen and continued doing her work.

"Not yet. Didn't you go to work?"
The waitress looked around the cafe as she asked Jessica whom she noticed was wearing casual clothes.

"Tired. So, I decided to work from home." she bluntly answered, causing jealousy to erupt within the waitress.

"Sheesh. If only I could." she sighed heavily, looking at all the customers she would have to attend to soon.

"I told you many times to work at my place but you didn't want to. So, don't complain, Tiffany." Jessica replied, her eyes fixed on her laptop screen and her fingers continuously clicked on the keys.

"Aish, whatever. I'll come back later with your drink." Tiffany got up and went back to her job.

 

After a few minutes, Jessica was still concentrated in her work. Her friend, Tiffany, the waitress, came back to her with a cup of drink in her hand. She stopped at the side of the table, and stretched her hand to pass the drink to Jessica.

"Here's your cappucino."

At the same time that happened, another lady who was leaving in a rushing manner, walked behind Tiffany and accidentally brushed her elbow into Tiffany's back.
Everything became slow motion when Tiffany's eyes and mouth widened as the cup fell from her hand. Jessica managed to retract her hands on time so that the hot liquid would not fall onto them. It ended up falling onto her laptop. 
Jessica gasped at the sight of her laptop screen flickering and then going off.

"Sorry."
The tall girl merely apologised for bumping into Tiffany, not knowing what she have done was much worse.

"Yaaa~! Come back here!" Jessica yelled at the tall girl, gaining attention from everybody else around them. Startled, the tall girl turned and slowly walked back to Jessica.

Jessica went frantic over her spoiled laptop was planning to scold the person before she met eyes with the girl.

"Y-yah! L-look what you've done to my laptop!"

'Why am I stuttering??' she thought.

"I'm really sorry about that. I'll pay for the damage." the girl said quickly, realising her mistake. She took out a card from her pocket, handing it to Jessica who just snatched it from her. 
"Call me. Or see me." she then hurried out of the place.

Tiffany, who was still standing there, sat infront of her friend again. She had just calmed down from the sudden shock but her friend caused her to be shocked again.

"Kwon Yuri. KW Corps?! The chairman??!" Tiffany was confused by Jessica who was staring and shouting at the small piece of card.

"Who?" she took the card from Jessica and looked at it to see what made her friend reacted like that. 

"That lady who caused this!" Jessica pointed at her damaged laptop and frowned, but it doesn't knocked any sense to Tiffany. She found nothing wrong with the person's details.

"So....?" The brunette frowned back at her.

"Oh my god, Tiff. Have you been living under a rock all this while?? That company is our rival and she's the boss!" 

Tiffany's mouth formed an 'o' shape as she studied the card again carefully. "Well, just call her if you don't want to step inside that building."
She passed the card back to Jessica, sighing at the mess on the table.

She dragged herself to the kitchen, coming back out with a towel hanging on her shoulder. Jessica was still thinking whether to call her enemy.

 

"How do I do my work now?" Tiffany ignored Jessica and continued wiping the table. 

"House keys." Tiffany's eyes shot up at her friend's upone hearing that.

"Please... I need to use your laptop." Jessica pouted slightly, her eyes rounded and her hands fisted under her chin. Her imitation of Puss In Boots from Shrek. Tiffany knew she could not say no to that face.

"Aish." she slipped in her fingers into her pockets and took out the keys to her apartment. Jessica was smiling gleefully.

"Thank you!!" Jessica was about to take it from her when she pulled her hand back. 

"Don't mess up my house." she stated firmly before handing over the key to her hand. 

"Why would I do that? Thanks!" Jessica hugged the girl tightly before rushing off and shouted before reaching the door, "I'll pick you up later!"

 

***

 

"Ah yes yes! I'll be there soon!" Kwon Yuri hung up her phone without even letting the speaker on the other line say what he wanted to say.

'Great, Yuri. You've spoiled someone's laptop.' she thought as she stepped out of the cafe.

She stopped by the glass window outside the cafe to look back at the girl and saw the girl turning her namecard back and front.

"She'll call me, right?" 
Ever since she met eyes with the girl, she started feeling something different. Something she was unfamiliar with. Something she never felt before.
Now, she was hoping that the girl will call her up or meet her to ask for recompensation. People might think she's crazy because she'd rather meet the girl and sacrifice a large sum of money than not having the girl call her and getting to save her money.

Remembering that she was already late for her meeting, she took big steps to her vehicle and drove off to her work place.
'Useless secretary. Reminding her only at the last minute. I'm so gonna fire him. Pfft.'

 

***

 

"Sorry Ms Kwon for the short notice." Yuri's secretary begged for apology as soon as she stepped into her office.

'Aish. This guy's getting under my nerves.' she rolled her eyes, ignoring him, and proceeded to her room. Swiftly, she took her blazer which was hanging on her chair, and wore it over her long-sleeved, collared shirt. She neated her hair quickly and took the relevant materials for the meeting before heading to the meeting room.

"Sorry for my late coming. I was informed about this meeting just a few minutes ago." she bowed to her clients and her father, and took a seat.

Throughout the meeting, her mind was somewhere else. She kept thinking about the incident that happened earlier and what to do when the girl call her. She was thinking of situations that might happen. She didn't even realise that her client was asking if she was okay with the idea.

Her secretary nudged her a little, snapping her out of her daydream.

"Ms Kwon? Are you okay with it?" her client had asked again. Her eyes averted to her father who was staring at her intently. 

"Yeah yeah. It's fine." she nodded her head quickly, moving her eyes away from her father's.

'Why am I thinking of her?'

"Okay, then. We shall end the meeting here since everyone's okay with it." Her father ended the meeting and dismissed everyone. After everyone left, leaving Yuri and her father alone with Yuri's secretary, her father asked her if she was okay. Yuri just nodded and smiled at his father who left after that.

Yuri stayed in the meeting room for a while, asking her secretary to fill her in with the informations of the discussion which she was not paying attention to earlier.

 

 

TBC

 

1st chapter!
How is it? 
I hope you like it.

Thanks for subscribing!
I will update soon!!! ;)