Chapter 5

Fate?

"Ms Kwon, just an information on this Friday's meeting about the new upcoming big project. It's confirmed to be held at Lee & Co. 12pm sharp." Yuri's other secretary told her after she left her room to go for lunch.

"Okay. Put a reminder on my desk, please. Thank you." Yuri smiled at her before conitinuing to the lift. 'At least she's doing better than the one I just fired. That useless guy.' she pressed the button angrily at the thought of her previous secretary and suddenly remembered about something. She turned back to her office. "Ah, Kim Taeyeon-shi. Is the advertisement for the recruitment of my new personal assistant up?" she asked her secretary as she walked to the secretary's table. 

"Yes, boss. A few people have submitted their resumes in. Shall I call them for interview tomorrow?" 

"Don't I have anything tomorrow?" her secretary tried to recall if there's any schedule on Yuri's timetable for tomorrow. "If not, then make the interview tomorrow. The faster, the better." Yuri said and Taeyeon just nodded.

While Yuri went back to the lift lobby, Taeyeon searched her messy table for Yuri's timetable. After confirming that Yuri had nothing the next day, she retrieved the resumes she had received through the email and printed them. Then, she called them one by one to inform them about their interview tomorrow.

 

***

 

For lunch, Jessica had went to Tiffany's cafe. She wasn't feeling that hungry and decided to just have something light. As soon as she sit, she put her head on the table and sighed out loudly, attracting attention from her friend.

"Tired?" Tiffany asked as she sit with her friend.

"Uhuh..." Tiffany wasn't convinced. Jessica didn't look tired although she said she is. 

"Something happened..." It was if she could read Jessica's mind.

"I don't wanna talk about it..." Jessica mumbled in English, like a sad person. Tiffany, of course, wouldn't allow that and raised her eyebrows at Jessica, showing her the 'are-you-sure' face. Jessica sighed. Again. "Remember that Yuri girl?" Tiffany nodded and gave her friend her full attention and her listening ears. "She bumped into me in the morning, spilled coffee all over me and then she came to my office with a new one." Tiffany remained silent, waiting for more but Jessica just stopped there.

"And.... So? What's the matter with that?" Tiffany tilted her head, her face expressing confusion.

"And... I told her to leave after that cos I have work to do. And she left, saying that she didn't want to stay anyway." The brunette sitll didn't get what was wrong. "In a rude manner." Jessica glared at her. "Nobody ever dared to talk to Jessica like that! And coming from an enemy?? I feel so... It hurts my pride!" Tiffany finally got it and laughed at the girl.

"So did you drink it? The coffee?" Tiffany asked when she finally stopped laughing. 

"I was thirsty..." Jessica pouted a little and Tiffany started giggling again.

 

Leaving Jessica alone at the table, Tiffany went back to the kitchen to take some food for her, smiling all the while. When she was walking back to Jessica's table, with a plate of two sandwiches, her phone started vibrating in her pocket. She sped up to give the plate to Jessica so that she can answer the phone.

 

***

 

'I'm not hungry. Let's just have a coffee.' Yuri walked to the cafe, not thinking that she would meet Jessica there. She decided to walk because it was not that far from her work place. If she had her bike, she would have definitely used it cos it's easier to park a bike than to park a car.

Entering the cafe, she saw an empty table at the corner of the cafe and quickly walk towards it before anybody else could take the place.

Unfortunately, she was banged into on her side, causing her to fall sitting on the chair on her right. Infront of her face was a waitress, with her eyes closed. 'She... That girl!!'

 

Because Tiffany was walking too fast, she tripped over her own steps and fell forward. Automatically, her hands grabbed onto the person infront of her, and she accidentally pushed the person. Her eyes were closed as the plate fell from her hand, causing a loud clanking sound that echoed through the cafe and garnered everyone's attention.

When she opened her eyes, she saw two dark eyes staring back at her. Her legs were wide apart to balance her body, and her hands were on the shoulders of a lady who was sitting on the chair in a weird position. 'Oh, I pushed her...' The vibration of her phone was ignored as she was mesmerized by the gleaming eyes infront of her. Although the eyes were definitely showing hysteria, she was still attracted to them. Despite knowing the owner of them being a female.

 

Jessica who was in deep thoughts were completely surprised by the sudden loud clatter of the fallen plate. She looked up and saw Yuri sitting on the chair infront of her, with Tiffany almost on top of her. Seeing the whole situation right before her eyes, she stood up and quickly split the two of them. Putting her hands on both their shoulders, she pushed them apart. She didn't know why she did that, but knowing her friend's gay personality, it was disturbing her. 

"Ehem!" she coughed out loudly, bringing the two girls back to their senses.

"Sorry." Tiffany bowed at Yuri and straightened her apron before bending down to pick up the plate and the sandwiches. She went back to the kitchen to get a new sandwich for Jessica, glancing at Yuri before that.

Meanwhile, Yuri coughed a little and smiled a little shyly as she left the seat she was pushed into, completely ignoring Jessica's presence. While heading to the table she had aimed earlier, she glance at Tiffany who was walking into the kitchen. It made her smile more, but she held her smile, not wanting to be called crazy by other people for smiling to herself.

'What was that?!' Jessica screamed in her mind as she sat back on her chair, frowning. She had saw Yuri's cheeks turning slightly pink and caught her smiling. Somehow, she didn't like it.

 

In the kitchen, Tiffany remembered about her phone vibrating so, she checked it. There was a missed call from an office number. She called the number back.

"The number you have dialed is unavailable. Please try again later." the telephone system said instead of someone answering it. She shrugged it off, keeping her phone back inside her pocket. 

Just then, it started vibrating again. A call from the same number she got not too long ago.

"Good afternoon, is this Ms.... Ti- Ms Hwang Miyoung?

"Neh, yes I am." Tiffany nodded as she confirmed her identity, cringing after being called by her Korean name, which she most absolutely don't like.

"Ahh yes. I am Taeyeon from KW Corps. We got your resume and if you're still keen for the job, the interview will be tomorrow from 1pm to 3pm. Are you?" the caller said non-stop.

'Is she reading a script or something?' Tiffany thought as she answered the caller. "Yessss."

"Great. I'll email you our address. Just walk up to the secretary's table and say you're here for interview. Thank you." Tiffany nodded at every sentence. 

"Mmm... Okay... Wait. Where did you say you're from again?"

"KW Corps." Tiffany's eyes widened after confirming what she had heard earlier. 

"Okay, thanks." she quickly hung up the phone.

'Oh no! Should I take it or not? Did I really applied for it? Aish, babo Fany. Jessie's gonna kill me....' she shook her head, and grimaced, hitting her head with her knuckles lightly.

 

TBC

 

a short update for today! i'll update again tmr! :D

thanks for subscribing and commenting! 
Appreciate them lots!!! ^^

kamsahamnida! <3