Pito: Dear Heavens

That one day...


Hana woke up early, well actually everyone woke up early... Everybody has to go to school and work, and actually if i didn't realize i was already just a soul i would've raced to the bathroom too. I remember going to sleep and hearing a buzz in my head, Jonghyun's voice was echoing in my head-- it was kinda like a radio looking for a signal but i formed a few words... 

Ghost,
Beautiful,
Eyes,
Light yellow
And Saturn...

It immediately made me smile, though i wasn't sure where the Saturn came from. He must've been so sleepy. But the part where he thought of me as beautiful and that he knows the color of my eyes made me feel good and made me sleep good. But of course, i know better-- im a soul now..

"Unnie, lets go eat breakfast." Hana told me and led the way downstairs to the dining room. Jonghyun was already seated and eating, wearing our school uniform. Weird that i haven't noticed him before in school, but i guess i just had my own world. He smiled at Hana, those dimples.

"Eat fast Hana, you'll be late." He said while standing up since he already finished, he was going to the kitchen when he turned back his head.

(Seungyeon?)

"I thought you already forgot about me."

(I told you, always tell me where you are.) somehow, if it was possible to have butterflies in my stomach, it would have.

"What for ?"

(Seriously? You're going to start our morning like that?)his mind said while he was brushing his teeth, if it was possible for my heart to jump out, it would have. The words 'our morning' was making me crazy. This IS crazy. And whats more crazy? Is he still doesn't know about Seulgi and thank the heavens that he cant hear my mind. (Seungyeon?) he asked again.

"Oh?"

(Are you coming with me to school?) 

"Yeah, id like to see my friends." 

(I go to school by bike. Its either you can fly, or ride with me.)

"I guess i'll walk" i said then Jonghyun's face was 'are-you-serious?' Kind of look while Hana was looking at me with questioning eyes. I giggled, Jonghyun's expression changed his eyes grew big.

(My heart) i heard him say.

"I was just joking, i cant fly so i guess i'll ride with you."

Hana finished eating, Jonghyun usually takes Hana to school by also riding his bike, but the day of the accident their mom took Hana so Jonghyun wasn't there. We all moved and Hana rode in front of Jonghyun, there was space behind Jonghyun supposed to be for things and that was where i sat. Hana seemed excited and happy.

(Seungyeon, did you ride already?)

"Yup."

"Well then hang on." He said, since its just us three he can speak to me loudly.

"Lets go!" Hana screamed and Jonghyun began pedaling. It was sudden that i lost control and made my self hang on to Jonghyun's back.

"Oh, cold. Yah Seungyeon ah, are you wrapped around me? Its suddenly cold." He said and i let go as i balanced myself, embarrassed.

"Sorry, lost balance." Then i heard him snort. I have never actually tried to see him from the back but he really has a broad back, somehow this scene feels familiar... Maybe in drama's? The presence of his back feels like im secured, like --- like im home. Weird.

We dropped off Hana and although i wanted to go with Hana, i knew that i want to see my school and my friends, including my bestfriend. As Jonghyun pedaled to school, i noticed the people we pass, all are busy going to school or work and i remember my parents-- how they are holding up.... I felt the warm glow of the rising sun and thought how i will be able to go on being like this, how will things turn out for me, how will i begin? Or end ?

(And everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love for real) Jonghyun was singing in his head, and the message of the song~ its sad but why am i feeling like this ?

"I admit, you have a good voice" i said and he smiled. 

"Thank you." I smiled.

We arrived at school 10 minutes before class, Everyone was at the corridors gossiping, of course i can hear my name since it hasn't even been a week since i died.

(Seungyeon?)

"Yes?"

(Are you alright ?)

"Yes."

(Are you sure?)

"Yes." I am fine, slightly not--- but fine... We headed towards his classroom and he is 2 years above me, i probably wouldn't even know what lessons they are taking. He sat on his chair which is beside the window on the third row. I have nowhere to sit down.

"Uhm, Jonghyun?"

"Yes?" He said out loud and his classmates looked at him, his eyes grew big and he just smiled at everyone and turned back to what they were doing. I laughed.

"Be careful, they might think you are talking to a ghost." I joked, he smirked. There goes again imaginary butterflies in the stomach.

(I am talking to a ghost. What is it?)

"I think i'll go to my classroom."

(Are you sure?)

"Yeah, i have nowhere to sit on here-- might as well go to my class since were at school."

(Oh okay. My break is at 11:30)

"We have the same break."

(Hear you later. Did you get that? Did you get my joke ? Hahahaha, instead of see you i said hear you, since i cant see you!) he laughed and i had to stop myself from laughing out loud just to . He is a dork.

"Sorry, its not funny." I replied, his face was funnier.

(You are mean.) he pouted like a 6 year old boy. I bet if i was alive, my cheeks would have been on fire.

"I'll go. Study hard." He nodded. And i walked towards my room. I got to my room just before the bell rang and Seulgi and I are seat mates. She was already seated and i saw her look at my chair and table, she looked sad. I dont hate her, she is still my beat friend-- and i hope i was still alive to help her make things right, because thats what friends do right ? Luckily i didn't need to pull my chair to give me space to sit in or else if they saw mg chair move everyone would probably be terrified. I sat and looked at Seulgi, but i heard Jonghyun's voice.

(School yet?) then Seulgi reached for her phone in her bag and i didnt need to guess the message she was looking at. Seulgi replied and after she sent it she immediately put her phone back in the bag. And of course i heard Jonghyun's voice.

(Yep, class already started. Need to listen or else i'll fail. Text you later.) Jonghyun read, a dead end text and suddenly id like to tap Seulgi and tell her that wasnt right, but of course i am just a soul. What happened to my friend to have been someone like this? 
 
I havent heard Jonghyun after, and class was getting boring. If i was alive i would have been diligently taking notes since i am avery good student, but since i dont need to anymore, i left the room. Went to my favorite spot, under the biggest tree in the school garden-- it has a bench under that students can sit in. Seulgi and i usually eat our lunches here, her mom or my mom would make sandwiches for the both of us and we would eat it and talk about almost anything while were having a break. We even carved our name on the bench, i looked for it and found it, SG<3SY but just near my name, like the universe has played there was his name with a smiling face, Jonghyunnie :)

Suddenly light from above shone blinding me, i squinted my eyes and tried to look at it but the light was just too strong. From my blurry vision, someone was coming down from the light.

Oh my heavens.
A guardian.

-------------
I dont really know where my story will lead to, but im writing what comes into my head haha. Anyways, i still think my story will be fun :) so i hope you can have fun with it also! Everyone is very active in leaving comments and that really makes me smile ! Thank you ! :)