Labing Tatlo: Go back.

That one day...

SEUNGYEON's POV

When the sun rose, i was back to being a soul. Hana woke up surprised to see me at her bed and she doesn't know i turned human last night. Everything was too hard to take in, it seems this week is as hell as an exam week-- or maybe worse.

I am a soul, i see my past memories causing me to pass out, I'm not supposed to see those memories. My 100 days before decision time has started without me knowing my purpose here, but as i understand from what Uriel said-- the 100 days of turning into a human only happens when a soul has found its purpose then the elder souls can decide if the soul can move onto the next life, so i can assume that Mr. Donghyuk hasn't turned into a human because he still hasn't found his purpose, same for the lost souls. My life also never change its fate, i always end up saving a life. But it shouldn't have been like that, i should've been able to change my fate-- like what Uriel said, i should've had a new life, a new course but it doesn't happen with me-- being a rare case....

Ugh, this is too much.

And one more thing, soul mate.
Jonghyun is my soul mate... A good way to ruin my dreams of finding the one. And he was right about one thing, if he was my supposed to be soul mate and say that we did love each other, how come in this life i only met him when i already died ?

Sigh, i feel like 10 years has been added to my age.

"Unnie, why do you look so tired?" Hana asked as she is readying to go to school. I remember Ah In, im supposed to meet with him. But today is also my burial.

*knock knock* Hana and I looked at the door as it slowly opened and Jonghyun's head popped in.

"Hana, are you ready to go to school?" He asked. He was already in his uniform.

"Yes oppa."

"Arasso, come down for breakfast."

"Okay oppa." Hana answered.

"Is Seungyeon beside you?" Jonghyun asked

"She's at my right side." Hana said then Jonghyun looked at my side, i looked at him in the eye but obviously he cannot see me but he os trying.

"Are you coming with me to school?" He asked. His voice is --- comforting? I dont know the word, like the way he talks to me became softer.

"Yes, im supposed to see Ah In." I answered, then his brows furrowed.

"Hurry up." He said and his eyebrows furrowed. He closed the door and we heard his footsteps going down. I looked at Hana and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Oppa must have had a bad dream." Hana said and i can probably translate that as Jonghyun was very tired last night. Hana and i went downstairs and Jonghyun was already eating and he looked at Hana as she ate her breakfast. I stood next to Hana watching her.

(What are you gonna do with Ah In?) i looked at Jonghyun and he wasn't looking at me, he was kinda playing with his food.

"He wanted to meet with me."

(Why?)

"I don't know, he just said to meet with him. Why?"

(Nothing) then he stood up, grabbed his plate and put it in the sink. "Hana, i'll be waiting for you outside." He said (Seungyeon, can you come with me?) he said and walked out, i followed him. What is with him? He stopped just in front of his bike and was pretending to do something with it.

"What is it?" I asked. Then he stopped, without looking anywhere else.

"Im afraid." He whispered but i heard it.

"Afraid? Of what?"

"I might disappear. From your life." He said slowly, and everything seemed to froze as i digested his words. Luckily it seems to be daylight and he cant see me or else i would probably be as red as a tomato. I have never concluded that i like him but when he does say such words, it affects me. And the information we got from Uriel being lovers doesn't really help much right now.

"What are you talking about?" Then he turned around, the weird thing is he got the spot where i am, he is looking at my eyes and if it was possible i would have goosebumps.

"From what Uriel said, your fate is changing. That me meeting you after you died means that your fate is changing, that i am disappearing from that... And if what Uriel said was real, if -- if i loved you very much in our past lives i think i wouldn't want to disappear from your life." He said and i can see his aura, it was a mix of violet and red and blue. Somehow his words made me feel scared too, as if his words would come true, as if i dont want it to happen.

"Stop. I dont want to think about it yet." 

"B--but..."

"No, id want everything to be clear as water before i start to worry okay? And i thought you don't believe in soul mates?" 

"Well if a ghost turned out to be real, or a ghost turning into a human and an angel showing up in front of me talking about soul mates don't you think my mind would change ?" His voice got louder, i think he is forgetting that i am a soul and that no one can see me. 

"Oppa--- neighbors are looking at you." Hana said from the door wearing her back pack. Jonghyun and I looked around and saw some neighbors stuck at looking at Jonghyun.

"You should have been more careful." I said to Jonghyun. He didnt respond and just rode on his bike, Hana went closer and also rode the bike and so did i, seeing again Jonghyun's wide back.

When we dropped off Hana at her school, Jonghyun was quiet as he pedaled to school, even his mind. It was weird, because he usually would be thinking a lot or singing. But no, he is quiet. We got to the school and as usual everyone was at the hallways. He immediately went to his room without even talking to me, so i let him be. I went to the garden where i suppose Ah In is.

And i was right, Ah In was there sitting on the bench whistling. I walked closer to him and he flashed me a smile. I sat next to him.

"What is with you and this heavy feel around you?" He said as i sat next to him.

"Everything is slowly unfolding but the way its happening is a mess."

"What are you talking about?" Ah In asked and i looked at him.

"Did you ever become human?"

"Yeah, i did just after i was buried but-- but just for a week. Then never again. How'd you know? Did you become one ?" His eyes were on me seriously.

"Just last night. Later is my burial. Can you come with me? I might not be able to help myself when i see my parents."

"Sure, but--- do you know why we become human?" Ah In asked and no matter how i wanted to explain and share to him, Uriel's face keeps on popping in my head saying that souls shouldn't know much so as to be themselves that would be elder's way to decide their fate.

"Nope." I said then looked away, fortunately that Ah In doesn't know me as much as Seulgi that he cant tell I'm lying.

"When i turned human i was so happy, i thought i could finally hug my mom and do human stuff but--- when i learned theres a barrier in coming close to people who knows you died i became frustrated then it never happened again, i never turned human again." Theres a barrier ? Ah In must've lost his purpose  thats why he became a lost soul.

"Before you turned human, was there anything that made you feel contented? Happy being a soul? Like what was your purpose ?" He then looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Actually i did. I wondered about what i can do as a soul on my first few days, then i realized i can be a guardian angel for my family, i was happy looking after them that i didnt mind about being a soul. But i guess when i found out i turn human every night i became greedy and got mad that i cant tell my family i love them and that i am here. Maybe thats what happened." I nodded at his words, that would actually make sense if he became greedy. But what about me? I dont even know my purpose yet im already turning human. Ugh. Then suddenly there was an announcement.

"Classes are suspended. As to give respect and final goodbye to Ms. Gong Seungyeon." Our principal announced over the speakers. And even though i was already dead, im still embarrassed--- im not really used to the attention.

"Seems like everyone will be at your burial." Ah In teased and he chuckled. Everyone slowly went out of their rooms and smiles where on their faces, they were probably thankful that there would be no classes today, some have a disgusted face probably thinking that they wasted effort to go to school only it to be suspended. Then i heard him.

(Seungyeon-- where are you?) then Ah In looked at me and i asked him to go with me to Jonghyun. We walked to where he was, which was just outside his room. And i hope Seulgi doesnt appear although i love her-- its just a theory that i pass out when she appears but its better to be safe.

"Im here." I said to Jonghyun and he nodded.

"He seems to be quiet is everything ok?" Ah In asked me and i saw Jonghyun's eyebrows furrow and i elbowed Ah In.

"He can hear you remember?" I said to Ah In and then turned to Jonghyun. "Are you going to my burial?" That was weird for me to say--- like its not real-- but it is.

(Yes, is he going too?) Jonghyun said

"Yes." Then it ended there. He turned his back to me and didnt talk or think again. I dont get why he is being like this. 

We all went to my burial, together with Ah In and some of my classmates and some teachers i had. Once we got at the cemetery, i saw my mom and dad and my knees weakened that Ah In was holding me up. And there was me, in my casket ready to be buried. Friends and family were throwing flowers and some are crying while some are just quiet. I decided to stand far away, so Jonghyun was also standing a few feet away while his family, together with Hana was there with my family. I cant help but cry as i painfully watch my parents cry-- i want to hold them and tell them i am fine and that i am here with them, watching them and that i love them... But i know i cant--- which is why it hurts more.

When everything ended, little by little people left, schoolmates, friends, relatives, friends... Until mom and dad also left, only Jonghyun, Ah In and i was there-- we walked closer to my tomb and there i saw what was written. 

Your beautiful heart will always be with us and will never be forgotten. A love like yours will be eternal in our hearts. 

I broke down, crying, kneeling in front of my own tomb.

"I love you, i will always be yours." Jonghyun said and i turned around wiping my tears, he was staring at my tomb. "My love will always be you, my soul is always meant for you, my heart will always beat for you.  Wait for me in the next life my love-- i love you so much." Jonghyun continued and his eyes started to well tears that i was completely in shock. 

Suddenly i saw someone walking closer to us. Seulgi---

Everything turned into a blur, like a whiplash i felt dizzy--- but i didnt pass out.

As my vision cleared, i was shocked.

I was sitting on a hood of a vintage car, and a music is playing from its radio. There i was watching Seulgi and Ah In dancing playfully, watching them dance under the moonlight with the city lights as their background as we were on a high place over looking the city. They were very much in love and very much happy in each other's arm. We were dressed like in Pride and Prejudice and Seulgi was beautiful and Ah In was dashingly handsome.

"My love, would you also like to dance with me?" I looked at my side and there he was, Jonghyun in his tuxedo and very much neat hair, holding out his hand to me and bowed. Without even thinking and knowing, my body moved on its own and i put my hand on his and it sent electricity to my body and i felt butterflies in my stomach and i was --- i was happy. He held my hand and i slid down the hood of the car and he pulled me close and and put an arm on my waist as he held my other hand and swayed side to side following the beat of the music and we waltzed into the night and his eyes--- his eyes staring straight at mine lovingly that i didnt even want to blink for i might lose him...

"I love you" he breathed and again, without my control i replied

"I love you too." He smiled with his dimples showing and he leaned in close and planted a kiss on my forehead and ---- and


Whooooosh. 

Back to the cemetery.

Jonghyun kneeling on the floor and Seulgi asking him if he was alright and i didnt know what to think of anymore. I looked at Ah In who was beside me. His eyes were big and his expression was same as mine.

"You saw it too? " i asked him and he nodded.

"What was that?" He whispered and if i had a heart, it would've been crazy

"I dont know. But im sure about one thing. That was us."

-----------------
I hope i did a good job at writing this one because i'd like you to be able to imagine everything that is happening. If you didnt get something about this chap, leave a comment and i'll try to help you imagine regarding this chap-- i think thats the best i can do to repay you guys with your love and understanding. 

While the story is slowly unfolding, id like to say that the scene they saw was like in the era of pride and prejudice, tuxedoes and beautiful ball gowns and elegance and waltz and that, i hope you can imagine them in those. 

Thank you very much for the love and support!!!! Drop down your comments :) thanks !