Labing Siyam: Confession

That one day...

We decided it would be better to take the bus than to bike our way to the park, so we took the bus. Hana was totally excited as if it would be her first time going to the amusement park, she never let go of my hand even in the bus. Jonghyun had to stand up to give the elderly woman a seat beside us, so he was hovering over us. One time the bus braked so suddenly I instinctly grabbed Jonghyun’s shirt and my body felt hot, embarrassed. But I did say I was letting go of my feelings, so I just smiled back at him. The whole ride was fun, Hana would be singing and the elderlies would smile at her and praise her.

“Is she your sister?” the old lady that Jonghyun offered his seat to asked me, I nodded.

“No, its his sister” I said pointing to Jonghyun.

“Oh really? She is really cute.” The old lady said and I replied thank you and told Hana to say thank you too, the old lady looked at the window and stood up. “I’ll be going. Thank you very much dear, and your girlfriend is so pretty.” She said to Jonghyun tapping his shoulder. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks and Jonghyun bowed and sat beside us again.

“Unnie, I think you put too much blush on.” Hana said and I had to hide my face. Jonghyun was just chuckling at the side together with Hana and I wanted to hide in a hole.

We got off the bus and Hana ran towards the entrance, the park was lit up with different colors making it look like a dream, and for once--- I want to cry with happiness. Hana ran back to us and grabbed both Jonghyun and my hand and led us to the entrance to pay for the ticket. Once we were good to go, Hana’s mouth was wide open and as I look at her I cant help but feel so much excitement and when I looked at Jonghyun, I saw him looking at me with those sweet eyes and smile with his cute dimples. I do feel shy as I look at him, but pure  happiness was more and for once I got to hold with his gaze and he crinkled his nose.

Hana was totally excited so she decided what to ride, Jonghyun said he was unsure of the rides but that probably only an excuse because he is scared. But anyways, since he is the Oppa he still rode with Hana and me, at the roller coaster, Hana was beside me and he was seated at the back with a 12 year old girl who was also excited while Jonghyun was just quiet and he was obviously scared. I had fun watching him, like a little duck who was lost. Cute.

I think we rode everything, but sadly the ferris wheel was out of service so we wont be able to the view. The only left was the haunted house, we were actually going by Hana’s list and why would an 8 year old even want to go at a haunted house? It’s the one thing I hate the most.

“You two should go, im kind of feeling tired.” I said, Jonghyun smirked.

“Are you sure its not because you are scared?”

“Wa why would I? im a ghost remember?”

“yeah, but not right now.” He said and poked my shoulder with a teasing smile.

“Im just tired, so just go.”

“awwww come on unnie, it will be fun!!!!” Hana said,and I wanted to tell her no Hana it wont be fun!!!

“Hana, Jonghyun can take you. Im just gonna sit here, or better yet get you an ice cream while you go inside.” I said standing up and pointing to the ice cream shop

“No, I want to be with you and Oppa inside the haunted house and Oppa will protect us both so you don’t have to be scared.” Hana said and I closed my eyes.

“Hana, I really think it would be better if im not with yoOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!! YAH LEE JONGHYUN PUT ME DOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!” Jonghyun scooped me up and carried me on his shoulders and I was flailing around screaming

“Come on Hana! Lets go!” Jonghyun said and Hana followed, they were walking to the haunted house

“PUT ME DOOOOOOOOWN!!!!! I AM NOT JOKING LEE JONGHYUN !! PUT ME DOWN NOW!!!!! THIS IS NOT FUNYY!!! THIS IS KIDNAPPIIIIIIIIIIING!!! OH MY GOD! PUT ME DOOOOOOWN” I was screaming and I forgot that there were a lot of people and they were looking at us, but I don’t really care at the moment because at just the thought of entering the haunted house I think I’m gonna die for the second time that would be worse than my first.

“You are not a kid, and you should call me Oppa. I am older than you.”

“I am dead, there’s no more seniority in death. PUT ME DOWN!” i kept on flailing around. Because I was on Jonghyun’s shoulder, I cant really see anything besides the ground and Jonghyun’s back.

“For three please” Jonghyun said
“NOOOOO!!!”

“is everything alright?” another voice asked.

“Yes, she is just being grumpy.”

“NO I AM NOT!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!! I DON’T WANT TO GOOOO!!!!”

“Should I only put two???”

“No.” “YES!” Jonghyun and I both said at the same time.

“Unnie, my Oppa will protect her inside so please make it three.” Hana’s little voice said and I froze but I was mentally screaming and crying and balling.

“oh okay. Please take care, we don’t want any accident.” The voice said and I hear a chik and chak and Hana said thank you and Jonghyun walked again then DARKNESS.
Jonghyun put me down and I was scared to move, I literally cannot see anything but complete darkness. I froze.

“Seungyeon ah, are you alright?”

“N—Nooo, i-I am not. Im- im scared.” I said trying hard not to cry but my body is frozen with fear.

“unnie, don’t cry. Im here and oppa with you” Hana said comforting me but the fact that I cant see their faces scare me the most.

“I—I cant see anything. Where are you? Don’t leave me, please” I said in a pleading voice and suddenly I felt a hand hold my hand and somehow my heart lighten.

“Im here, I wont leave you” Jonghyun said with a serious tone and I knew I can trust him.

“Oppa, I’ll be fine so just protect Unnie. I am not scared.” Hana said and I heard Jonghyun chuckle.

“Lets go so we can be done here already” Jonghyun said and we started walking, he tightened his hold on my hand and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I can feel his body heat, which weirdly made me relax a little. I can hear my own heart beat.

"AHHHHHHH" "WAAAAAAAAAH" "OMMAAAAA" "WHAT IS THAT!" "I HATE THIS!!!" "I WANNA GO HOME" are words i screamed and cried while walking through the haunted house, I would be hearing Jonghyun's chuckle each time i would cry and his arm would tighten around me and Hana is just leading the way, she would squeal some times but then give a cute laugh. That kid is so much stronger than i am. 

When we were done and got out, my knees felt jello that Jonghyun still had to support me, i was leaning on his chest and his protective arm around me. Hana turned to us and she clapped and laughed saying how fun it was.

"Oppa, did you have fun?" Hana asked.

"Very much, how about our pretty scaredy cat?" Jonghyun asked and looked down at me and as i looked up at him soullessly but i forgot i was leaning on him and our faces were an inch apart. His eyes grew big and i was flustered.

"Unnie--" Hana said

"YAH! You really cried." Jonghyun said and put a hand on my cheek and adding to my jello knees were butterflies in the stomach. Gulp. My throat feels dry.

"Oppa, i should probably leave you two alone and get an ice cream right?" Hana said 

"What?" Jonghyun and I said at the sane time and looked at Hana.

"Im gonna go buy ice cream right there and be a good girl that will stay and wait for you two." Hana said pointing to the ice cream shop, she walked away without another word nor looking back. I dong know which makes me more flustered, Hana acting and leaving like that or the sound Jonghyun's heart makes. I looked up at him again and he was focused looking at Hana, i get to appreciate his features. His jaw, his lips, his tall nose and long eyelashes. He looked down at me again. 

And this time, it felt different. As if there were no people around, he put a hand on my cheek again and wiped the tear stains.

"Dont cry, i dont like seeing you cry." He said softly.

"Then why the hell did you make me go?" He smiled. He tucked a hair in my ear, his arm still on my shoulders. 

"So i can protect you." He chuckled, i punched his chest slightly but a smile formed on my lips and i felt comfortable---around his arms. 

"I hate you." I looked down.

"I love you." He said softly and seriously, the butterflies worsened. "Have i told you how pretty you are? How beautiful you look with just a white shirt and jeans? How my heart is beating so fast a while ago till now because i am able to hold you like this? How i really want to kiss you right now but i am holding back so much because i know you want to see everything first. How much i want to make you believe that the man who is telling you all of these right now is me, the present Jonghyun."

"I know" i softly answered.

"Then why do i get the feeling you are holding back, you said you trust me."

"I do."

"Then why wont you let go of your feelings?"

"I--i dont know."

"Do you hate me?"

"No"

"Then do you like me?"

"I dont know-- yes."

"Then why wont you show it?"

"I dont know how." He let go of me and i felt sour but he then held both of my shoulder and made me look at him face to face as he leveled his face with mine.

"Let go. Dont hold back, dont think of what you should feel."

"I cant help but think Jonghyun."

"Why? Why do you always think?"

"Because im scared."

"Of what?"

"I might do something wrong."

"What can you do wrong Seungyeon? You're dead. You are a soul, you shouldnt be thinking."

"Thats why! Im already dead !!! Im already dead and im scared i might hurt you and myself!"

"Hurt your--self? Hurt me?"

"Sigh. Im scared to hurt you, because all you've done to me is kindness that i don't know hot to repay. Im scared whenever you say you love me, whenever your eyes tell me you only look at me, whenever you are around. Im scared because i might just be falling in love with you and i dont think that is right ! Because i am already dead Jonghyun, i am dead and this being human every night wont last forever. After 98 days, i'll be moving on and leave this life and im scared that i might break your heart and mine." Tears leaving my eyes as i finally let out of my feelings. A minute or two passed and Jonghyun pulled me in a tight hug, i let go and wrapped my arms around him, when he felt my arms around him he tightened the hug and buried his head on my neck.

"Im more scared that you wont love me. If anything would hurt me, that would be the words leaving your lips saying you don't love me." He said and i clenched my fists grabbing his shirt and buried myself in his chest.

"Im scared i might have to leave you."

"You wont."

"How can you be sure?" I asked and he broke the hug, he looked at me face to face.

"Because we made it through all these lives being together. We are destined for each other. I am your soul mate and you are mine and we will still make it to an endless lives." He said with a smile. He wiped my tears, and  now i know.

I know now that I love him... And i have accepted that he loves me too.

I put a hand on his cheek and he kissed it, he cupped my face and gently caressed it. He kissed my forehead and we both sighed as we closed our eyes.

"I couldn't wait, your ice creams were melting so---- oh." Hana said as she carried two ice cream cones in one hand and another one in the other hand. Jonghyun and i both looked at her with a smile and as she saw us, a smile creeped on her face making her eyes twinkle. "Maybe i should just go back again to the ice cream shop and get another one." She said and Jonghyun and i laughed.

I brushed and fixed my hair with my hand and Jonghyun went and lifted Hana putting her on his shoulder giving her a ride. I took the two ice creams on her hand and gave one to Jonghyun and we both it as it was already melting. Jonghyun then grabbed my hand and we walked and enjoyed the night.

--------------

Too bad the ferris wheel was out of service hahaha, because i already had a scene in the ferris wheel in my previous story i thought i had to male another one because i dont think its fun when you write a same scene. Anyways, i hipe you found this chapter good because for me i think this is where the real story starts.

Please dont forget to leave down your comments and also, please keep on voting for Soompi's round three and another round would be coming soon! Thank you very much!