Lima: Sheep's clothing

That one day...

"Hey, i met someone... Its not really serious, but he is cute..." Seulgi giggled in our science class not really paying attetion to our lesson...

"If its not serious what is it?" I asked while copying notes.

"I dont know, he was shy at first at asking me out, but i dont think were at a serious stage... He is cute and funny and definitely hot." Seulgi continued giggling as if someone was tickling her. She is my best friend,  although we have differences we get along super well... She is the super girly kind, while i am the classic simple kind. Every guy in our school has always tried to ask her out, but Seulgi has high standards for a man, so i guess the guy she is dating is quite impressive if she giggles like this...

"Well then, if you are happy i am happy. Can i meet him?"

"Not yet, no one knows our relationship. We want to stay low as possible."

"Even your bestfriend?" She nodded and gave me a sorry-next-time look. I just smiled, i trust her in keeping her word. 
-----flashback end-------

Jonghyun was the one Seulgi was talking about... He was the reason Seulgi giggled like that back then. I cant believe this.... Wait, all this time-- all the time Seulgi was serving coffee and drink and talking to our guests, she was already with Jonghyun and i didnt even notice, wow....

Well what can i do? Its their life, ive got a life on my own... Afterlife.

I watched Hana as she kept on drawing pictures, of me wearing different gowns and dresses and she keeps on talking to me. At her age, no one would suspect of her as crazy as a lot of children has an imaginary friend-- she can easily talk to me... But my head, it is somewhere else.

Jonghyun entered with a smile on his face and a part of me got irritated, but i wondered why...

(Baby hold my hand~) he was singing in his head. I looked up to him and he wen to Hana, where i was and he was just about to step on me if i didn't move. Hana looked at Jonghyun with laser eyes and so did I. Jonghyun looked at Hana with his eyebrows raised and then his eyes grew big.

"It seems just with a phone call you seemed to have forgotten me." I said as i crouched on the other side of Hana.

"Sorry." He said, but he was still happy, like his sorry isn't really serious.

"I changed my mind. Id rather have Hana as my pair." I said, colder than i intended. I saw his expression, his face worried and confused.

(What ? Why?) 

"Hana isnt busy, and she can see me."

(But im your pair. And really? A 7 year old girl?)

"I think you are underestimating your sister. And who decided you as my pair? Both of you can hear me, no one said you should be my pair."

(What is this about? )

"What? Im just saying-- it might be better for Hana to be my pair..."

(Why ? Tell me..) his face was now frowning, totally stressed out.

"Just--- Hana is fun to be around with-- and--"

(And?)

"She wont be busy with anything"

(What does that mean?)

"I mean she wont be dating my best friend" i sighed. It took him a few seconds to digest what i said. Then he smiled.

(Are you jealous?)

"WHAT? No! Of course not i am not! Why would i be even jealous?!?" Ok i think i over reacted.

(You seem jealous) he was still smirking.

"No i am not, okay ! What do you think of me to be jealous of dating you? I just met you hours ago and I just don't want to see how my best friend flirts with a guy."

(She really didn't tell anyone huh? Even her best friend... Thats why you're reacting like this.)

"Like what?"

(A hurt best friend, a jealous one. You're afraid she might forget you while she is with me) his tone became lower and sympathetic. I didn't think of that at first but maybe yes, maybe thats why I'm reacting like this.

"I guess so--"

(Dont worry, she loves you very much. And i can hear you, so we three always connects.) i guess i should be happy, but why is it i am not ?

"I dont know, maybe i dont need a pair. Mr. Donghyuk is roaming for 107 years and 367 days without a pair, maybe i can do it too." I said with a hidden sadness in my voice.

(Your choice) he said, wow he is just brushing me off like that ? He was so different before he got the call. I thought he was a good man, but i guess my judgement isn't really that good.

"...."

"Unnie, why are you crying?" Hana said then my hand went to my face and there were tears falling that i didn't know about, my tears betrayed me. I saw Jonghyun and he raised an eyebrow

(Youre crying?)

"Nothing... Its nothing..."

"No its not, you are crying. Why are you crying?" Hana worriedly asked.

"Im fine Hana, just my eyes felt moist thats all." I smiled to let Hana i am fine.

"Crying doesn't suit your beautiful face Unnie." Hana said

"Thank you Hana." I smiled at her and she went back to drawing. "I'll just go for a walk outside." I said and stood up, Jonghyun also stood up

(Do you need a companion?)

"No, i think being alone would be the best right now..." I said.

(You don't sound good)

"Its just all this, its a lot to take in and everything hasn't sunk in yet."

(Im really really sorry...) i smiled at him but knowing that he cant even see it, my smile went away.

"I know.. I'll just--- i'll just go for a walk."

I went out and inhaled the night breeze, wow the day was so fast its night time already.

Im feeling really really emotional right now, as if i could burst out crying if i sit down.

"Pretty lady!" I turned around and saw Mr. Donghyuk waving at me, i smiled.

"Hi sir, what have you been up to ?"

"Oh nothing, just listening to people gossip. How about you? Have you talked to your pair yet ?" 

"Can we sit down somewhere ? I am very exhausted." I said, i really am. All of this happening at one day is taking its toll on me.

"Sure, lets go to the park."

We walked maybe two blocks and ended up at a park, street lamps are lit and the park is quiet. I can see souls roaming around the park too... We sat on a bench near a pond of lilies.

"So what is up pretty lady?" Mr. Donghyuk asked and the minute he asked, i broke into tears, at first he was shocked but then he hugged me and i felt a fatherly love from him.

"I-- i miss ev-- everyone... My--m-mom,d-dad... My-f-frie--friends... I miss m-my--la-life" i said between crying and i hoped Mr. Donghyuk can understand a word.

"I know, it is natural for us souls to miss our life, its called the longing stage... You long for your life when you were alive..." I finally calmed down after a few minutes and Mr. Donghyuk smiled at me. "Feeling better?"

"Yes, thank you."

"You have such pretty eyes, crying doesn't suit you."

"Ive heard someone say that before." I smiled, remembering Hana... "Oh mister, about having a certain pair that you told me before." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?"

"I have two..."

"What two?"

"Two human that can hear me... And the other can even see me."

"Thats impossible. Are you sure ?"

"Yes ! I am very sure."

"Wow.... Well i dont know what to say--- you must have been a very strange soul to begin with."

"What do you mean?"

"Well if we based on the rumor, if souls are reincarnated, you must have been a very strange soul when souls were made."

"Is that good or bad ?"

"I dont know, i really dont." Mr. Donghyuk admitted. Then from the side of my eye i saw a familiar figure. I would know that hair even from a crowd of people, and she was wearing the clip i gave her on her 15th birthday.

"Mister, i have to go. See you ?"

"Sure ! You know where to find me. And oh, souls can take a rest you know! Take one, you might die twice!" He laughed and knew that he found his joke funny. I nodded and waved at him and immediately ran towards Seulgi, my best friend.

"You look pretty today." I said, knowing that she cant hear me... Somehow she smiled... I am walking with her and seeing her fully dressed and happy, she must be on a date.

If it was possible for my heart to sink, it would have. She is having a date with Jonghyun, i should probably turn around and walk the other way right ? But as is the universe is telling me to just go with her, i didn't realize we were already at a restaurant. And she was already taking off her coat and walking towards the table. Jonghyun would probably have his eyes big, if he hears me and would ask me what i am doing here... But im already here, so lets just go all the way.

Seulgi was led by the waitress to a table and when the waitress pointed the table, a man with broad shoulders was sitting already on it, with his back to us. I was about to say Jonghyun but when the man stood up.

Nope, it is not Jonghyun. My eyes popped big and Seulgi went to the man and hugged him.

They might just be friends or Seulgi's cousin?

Nope, no cousin or friends would be smooching like that.

They broke their kiss and Seulgi sat on the table. Looking so happy and in love... Why is it i am feeling as if a fire is breaking in my chest ? She is cheating on Jonghyun while Jonghyun is acting like a puppy in love ! I have never known Seulgi to be someone like this... And ! If my best friend died just three days ago i would still be mourning ! My head is aching!!!!

Then suddenly i remembered Mom...
"The closest people you have, are the people who will surprise you." She told me back then...

She was right, and i really think my judgement is really bad.

 

----------------------

i am very sorry to have ruined Seulgi's image...