Tatlo: Explanations

That one day...

Okay, this man has got to be really stupid or really smart to not comprehend that a ghost is talking to him. After the hundred times that i tried to persuade him what was happening was real, he ended it at 
"I must be so tired and deprived of sleep that i am being delusional. I'll go to sleep Seungyeon ssi." And then he really took a nap! Aish.

I let it go as he takes his nap, i probably wont be leaving him alone... Since he is the only one who can hear me. But as i watch him curl himself to the couch of the lobby where my wake is happening, i cant help but notice his features... As he closed his eyes, i saw how long his eyelashes are and how thick his eyebrows are, as he fell asleep his mouth slightly hangs open and i find it cute... But that doesn't take away my irritation from him, he might just be able to help me since he is the only one who can hear me yet im feeling torn because i know he is scared but yet i want him to understand that i am a real ghost !

"What a pretty lady. Oh is that your boyfriend ?" A voice said and i turned around, he was looking at me but then i turned around to make sure no pretty lady is behind me. I looked back again at the man. 

"Are you a ghost too?" I said and he smiled

"Id prefer an element or a soul." He said and i stood up straight. He looked old but yet he looks like an action star.

"How long have you been dead?" I asked curiously, thank God someone i can relate with ! 

"2 more nights and it'll be 108th year." I gasped, 108 years being a gho-- soul? He smiled at my reaction which is probably a mouth shaped like an O and eyes that are big as they can get. "Yes, I've been here for long. May i ask again if that is your boyfriend?" The man continued and gestured toward Jonghyun. I looked at Jonghyun who is peacefully taking a nap on the couch.

"Oh no sir, he is not my boyfriend. You are mistaken."

"Then why were you following him? Is he the reason for your departure?" Departure? Wow, what a word. He really is old.

"No sir, i died saving a little girl... He is the older brother of the little girl." I explained and the man nodded.

"Oh i see, then do you find him attractive ? To look at him how you did earlier?" The man smiled like he was teasing, although he has died 108 years ago he looks young, maybe 30's or something? Enough to be my father's age.

"No sir, i was following him because he can hear me." I said and the man's eyes grew big but it seemed he wasnt shocked.

"He can hear you?" He asked again and i nodded as an answer. "Well then you must be lucky, you have found your pair." 

"My pair ?" I asked raising an eyebrow and the man nodded.

" it seems you haven't been dead very long."

"Its just been 3 days sir"

"Oh, and yet you have found your pair already. How lucky." My face must be an expression of i-dont-get-anything-i-am-lost-help that the man just laughed at me and patted my head. "Would you like to come with me? I can answer mostly of the obvious questions newbies have." Then he walked towards the door and outside towards the garden. I followed, do i have any choice ? Its not like he can kill me twice but he has answers...

He sat on a bench and i followed. 

"Fire away." The man said.

"What is your name sir?"

"Kim Donghyuk, sorry i didnt introduce myself." He smiled an his smile is warm, like my father's.

"Im Seungyeon, mister--- what did you mean about my pair?"

"Each departed souls roam the earth, and each departed souls has a pair. A pair is what is called to the humans who hear a certain soul... And you are lucky for finding yours immediately pretty lady, i haven't even met mine for the past 107 years..."

"So what you are saying is that, Jonghyun can hear me and only me?" 

"Yes, that is right... Only you."

"Why? Why is it him? I mean, how did he became my pair?"

"Thats what i haven't learned dear, you see in my 107 and 367 days of being a soul i have only watched other souls but never have i met someone who has answers too. But! There was this rumor, that a soul --- had  always been meant for another soul, but sometimes due to unforeseen instances they drift apart in physical but never in soul. Like those stories of reincarnation."

"Second life---"

"Yes my dear, you are easy to catch on." He smiled and nodded as if he approved.

"Well then, that means he has always been with my soul?" Mister Donghyuk shrugged his shoulders and looked at me.

"Rumors... Not really an answer but purely imagination and self explanation." I sighed...

"Well then sir, is there anymore of this life ?" He smiled.

"Yes there is. You see, us souls roam freely on the first year, but sometimes some soul tend to get tired or rather depressed with this kind of living" he laughed as if it was a good joke "so the guardians, and by guardians i mean the angels, talks with those who tend to risk their chance for an eternal life." 

"Angels? Eternal life?"

"My dear, its only your third day so don't stress put yourself, you'll get used to it."

"Sir, if i may ask." He nodded with a smile. "How did you live up to 108 years ?" His smile didn't change, but by the way his eyes moved i knew he turned serious.

"We all have a reason why we still roam the earth, i just haven't found mine yet."

"For 108 years ?" He turned to look at me. He smiled his warm smile.

"Pretty lady, aside from ghosts and angels and heaven and reincarnation, there are still unexplained things around us... And i guess i still haven't found an explanation for mine." When he finished his sentence, i heard a grumble and my head just turned without me knowing...

He is awake...

I knew as if my body is attuned to him, and Mister Donghyuk turned to him too.

"Go, you need your pair to understand about us or else he might end up to a mental institution." I turned to him.

"Where can i find you?" I asked

"By the coffee shop there. I am always there but i dont know why, my body is attuned to it." He pointed at the coffee shop just in front an i nodded.

"Thank you sir, very much." Then i ran towards Jonghyun. He was just stretching and about to get up.

"Hey, had a good nap?" He stopped stretching and his eyes grew big. A few seconds passed and he closed his eyes with his hands clasped to his chest.

"You really are real huh?" He whispered.

"Thank God ! Yes! I am real!" Finally! 

"Why? Why me ?" He whispered again.

"I dont know... But dont be scared, i am just as confused as you are." I sat on the couch next to him and he twinged at my side.

"You can feel me too?" I asked

"It felt cold. Creepy."

"Hey, i find that offensive you know."

"Sorry." Then he relaxed, we both relaxed. "By the way, thank you-- for saving my little sister."

"I know." I breathed and i felt his aura change... From violet to slightly yellow, and blue.

"Oppa..." We both looked in front and Hana standing just a few step away from us holding a paper with her drawing, she walked near us. She sat between us and i somehow found it cute, how she managed to find just the right spot to sit in. We both looked at Hana, she was looking at the drawing.

"Thats pretty Hana yah~" Jonghyun said and Hana smiled... I smiled too... Suddenly, Hana turned her head towards me, looking directly at my eyes... LOOKING. IN. MY. EYES.

Jonghyun was looking at Hana, and to my side, Jonghyun cant see me but he does know i am on that side.

"Thank you." Hana said and if it was possible to have goosebumps i had it.