Dalawamput Apat: Visitor

That one day...

Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories

If I treat the days I have left as if the very last day, I believe we won’t have regrets. But in turn for that, I know its gonna be much harder. Now that I am so used to being with him almost all of the time every day I don’t know how I would feel when the final day comes.

Everytime I turn human, its like im hungry for Jonghyun’s touch, when he holds me as soon as I am flesh, the way he caresses my face and then he would smile and I would see his cute dimple and we would spend the night together. Either eating ramyeon or playing with Hana until she falls asleep, but my favorite is when we just sit together and watch the stars and talk for hours even if our topic repeats we don’t care. As long as we get to smile and share our hearts to each other, just thinking about how we started, it makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Who would’ve thought that I would die at such a young age, but then dying is already a part of my story and one thing leads to another.

Life itself is already a mystery, but now finding out bit by bit that my story is connected to three different individual story makes me wonder how it became to this. I remember Uriel telling me back then about ‘Beyond’ he said it was the place where guardians are and he was supposed to take me there but I was occupied at that time. And wait—isnt it about time Uriel went down here and talk to me?

“Seungyeon are you there?” Jonghyun said as he was washing dishes that they used for breakfast.

“Yes. Im here.”

“Can’t you talk? So I would know you’re still there.”

“What should I talk about?”

“Anything.”

“Well then where’s Hana?”

“Didn’t you see her go upstairs?”

“No I didn’t.”

“Are you spacing out again? Are you thinking too much again? I told you not to think much.”

“No, I just thought of something. I didn’t space out --- much.”

“Really now. What did you think about?”

“Just… Isn’t it a long time since Uriel last visited us.” I said in a low voice, scared that we might end up to the dead end topic. Of me disappearing.

“Why did you suddenly thought about Uriel?”

“Well I just remembered he mentioned before that he was supposed to take me to where the guardians were so we could find out about my case.” I said and saw Jonghyun finish up his dishes as he wiped his hands dry, and leaned his back on the sink.

“How come I didn’t know about this?” he turned serious and his eyebrows furrowed.

“Well ummmm…. I forgot. I was occupied at that time.”

“You forgot? What were you occupied with?” I feel like im in an interrogation room as he asked me with a low voice and serious eyes.

“Wait, I feel like I’ve done something wrong. Can you relax a bit? Why are you being so serious?”

“Sorry, I guess I made you uncomfortable. Sorry.” He said and hung his head low.

“Its fine, im sorry too.” I said and we kept quiet for a while. I guess knowing that days are passing by and the pressure of trying to act normal even though we both know its not is taking its toll on us. Sigh.

 

*knock knock*

Someone knocked on the door and Jonghyun walked towards the door, I also heard footsteps from upstairs and saw Hana on the stairs running towards Jonghyun and went beside him to open the door. When Jonghyun opened the door, there was a man wearing a formal suit and was carrying a bag, only when I looked at him I immediately recognized him. Just when you thought of him.

“Uriel?” I said and Hana looked at me and then back to the visitor.

“Wait Uriel? You look different.” Jonghyun said and Hana tugged Jonghyun’s shirt slightly, Jonghyun looked at her and she motioned Jonghyun to lean down as she wanted to whisper something

“Who is Uriel?” Hana whispered but because it was dead silent at the moment, we all heard her whisper.

“A friend.” Jonghyun whispered back to Hana and she nodded, Jonghyun let Uriel in the house at at his first step inside the house he brought this energy with him as if all of us felt comfortable and the house felt so safe.

“Its been a long time my friends.” Uriel said and we all headed to the couch, Jonghyun told Hana to go play at her room because there was some adult stuff needed to do. At first, Hana doubted but then nodded and went upstairs. Uriel put his bag down and inhaled, I somehow readied myself for some shocking news at least to prepare myself.

“So, How come you’re not in your angel form?” Jonghyun asked and Uriel smiled.

“It was because of little Hana, and because I came to confirm something”

“Confirm?” I asked

“Yes, and an angel will be asking for your help.” He said and smiled at both of us.

“What’s the story?” Jonghyun asked and I looked at Uriel, he opened his bag and brought out a book, the familiar book he showed to us when I first turned human.

“You have seen this book before, am I right?” Uriel asked looking at both of us and we both nodded. “As I first explained to you, this is the record of the previous lives, I showed you how Seungyeon’s path was right? How her previous lives always ended the same, do you still remember?”

“Yes” we both answered and Uriel nodded.

“Good, so in this book the lives intertwined with Seungyeon is also shown. As I told you before, here is Jonghyun.” Uriel pointed to the small looking like a box (author’s note: to help you imagine the book, it looks like inside of a program you see in movies full of lines and dots)

“Yes, you told that us before.” Jonghyun said and Uriel nodded.

“Yes, but I also found another two lives intertwined. You could probably guess who the two is.” Uriel looked at me and I knew the answer immediately

“Ah In and Seulgi.” I answered

“Correct. And here is Ah In.” Uriel pointed to a different line from mine and Jonghyun’s line but we all crossed at one point. “And here is where he ended and started again.” After flipping a few pages he pointed another box pertaining to Ah In’s line.

“Is that good?” I asked

“Um yes, because it means he isn’t the problem.”

“What?” Jonghyun asked

“It means, Ah In is just as confused as the two of you. Leaving only one person that we thought is nobody.” Uriel said and flipped again a few of the pages back to my lines.

“Here is the problem.” Uriel pointed to my line of my past life and traced it until another line came across it and went parallel to mine until mine ended and started anew but the other line didn’t end and is still parallel with this lifetime, parallel with the life I had and parallel with Jonghyun’s. Seulgi’s line.

“It is boggling but I don’t really follow, Im sorry. How come Seulgi is the problem?” I said to Uriel

“Me too.” Jonghyun seconded

“See this? This is the starting point of Seungyeon’s past life. As we go, it becomes parallel with Jonghyun, then comes Ah In and Seulgi. That means the time you all both knew one another and spent your lives together.” Jonghyun and I nodded. “But here. See this? Ah In died first right? And then if we continue – here, Seungyeon ended as well. Just like what always happens in the previous lives, its still normal. Meaning only two lines are left from the four parallel lines, leaving Jonghyun and Seulgi. So if we continue, Jonghyun and Seulgi’s line are still parallel until here.” Uriel said as he flipped through pages to trace the lines and stopped in a crooked line but didn’t end beside Jonghyun’s line.

“How come its crooked ?” Jonghyun asked

“That is what we are going to find out.” Uriel said with a determined expression.

“But wait, that is Seulgi’s line, and here is where Jonghyun ended?” I said looking at the line, the crooked part of Seulgi’s line is before Jonghyun’s line ended but Seulgi’s hasn’t ended yet. And is parallel with our lines for this lifetime.

“Yes, and are we all now at the same page?” Uriel asked and looked at the both of us and I looked at Jonghyun then at Uriel.

“You want to meet Seulgi, am I right? That why youre being disguised as a human.” I said and Uriel nodded

“Didn’t you see Seulgi from up above? Aren’t angels supposed to see our every move?” Jonghyun asked

“Seulgi had her own angel watching her, but after this crooked line of her started she became invisible. The last information I got from her angel was that she tried to take her own life. When that happen her soul goes to the other side and it is not pretty over there, and that’s why I need to meet her to confirm one thing.” Uriel explained

“Confirm what?”

“Whether she bargained her salvation because that would be the only reason to explain why her line hasn’t ended.”

 

*beep beep beep beep*

---------------

Anyone confused? Leave your questions and I’ll answer :D