Apat: Oh...

That one day...

"Jonghyun... I think she can see me." I whispered to Jonghyun without breaking eye contact with Hana and Jonghyun was just looking at the both of us... Hana is just staring at me with a smile but if it was possible for my heart to beat, it had already turned crazy.

"I think she does." Jonghyun whispered.

"And i can hear you both." Hana interjected and Jonghyun and i both gasped. His eyes were big and i bet so is mine. Hana broke the stare with me and looked again at her drawing.

"Hana yah~" Jonghyun said and i was still frozen.

"Unnie, thank you very much for saving me." Hana said while adding color to her drawing.

"You can see and hear her?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yes, cant you?" Hana said to Jonghyun. He gulped before he answered.

"I can only hear and feel her. You can really see her ?" Jonghyun asked again and Hana sighed as if her brother is being ridiculous...

"Yes, she is in my left side and she is wearing a white dress with her hair down with big curls down. She also has a flower crown." Actually i was cremated so no one saw me like this but she was right, Hana stated and looked at me and smiled. Jonghyun was just shocked and i was confused. Mister Donghyuk said before that a soul only has a certain pair, but why is it i have two? I mean its bot bad but, what is happening ?!?!?

"We have to talk to Mister Donghyuk."

"Who is that?" Jonghyun asked.

"Another soul, i met ago when you were sleeping."

"Great! Im just here talking to a ghost and she wants me to go talk to another ghost! I also get scared you know !" Jonghyun bursted and people in the lobby looked at him, lucky for him Hana is visible if not, people would have taken him crazy.

"I know you are scared ! I am too believe me! Its only been three days since i died and i know nothing why i am still on earth ! I thought i would have been taken by the light by now but NO! Okay !" I bursted, not being able to control my emotions anymore, i am just as scared and confused and lost as he is.

"No need to shout, okay? Sorry." Jonghyun said and his voice was low and it made me feel calm immediately, weird.

"Unnie, im so sorry for my childish brother. But if you want i can help." Hana said sweetly and i looked at Jonghyun with laser eyes.

"See! Your little sister is braver than you!" I said to Jonghyun and his expression changed.

"Oppa, unnie is looking at you like a laser is coming off from her eyes." Hana narrated and it seemed funny to me. Jonghyun looked at my side probably imagining me. I can hear his thoughts but not see his thoughts.

"She wont kill me with it." He puffed. 

"Hana--- Jonghyun." A voice came and it was their mom. We all both looked at her. "What are you two doing here?" She went closer and was about to sit on me, Jonghyun asked her mother to sit beside him, but she sat on my side-- i moved fast and stood up. Woah.

(Are you ok?) Jonghyun's mind said and i smiled. He cares?

"Yes, i am. Im about to sit on your side. Move." I said and he did move slightly to give me space. I sat.

(Wow, you are cold.)

"Sorry." I said and i saw him smile, i never noticed but he has a dimple. Cute.

"What are you two up to?" Their mom asked.

"Just taking a break." Jonghyun answered.

"You really did take a break." I said.

(Im talking to her not you.) his mind said.

"Oppa really did take a break." Hana said and i smiled.

"Good job Hana yah~" i cooed and Jonghyun hmphed.

"Hana, you made another drawing of Seungyeon?" Their mom said.

"Yes, doesnt she look pretty ?" Hana said and her mom smiled and agreed.

"Thank you~~" i said sweetly than needed.

"I don't think she is that pretty." Jonghyun said and i slapped his shoulder.

(COLD!!!!) his mind shouted.

"Thats not good Jonghyun ah! I think she is the prettiest among in your school." Their mom said and Hana nodded in agreement.

"We go to the same school?" I asked and Jonghyun nodded, both for his mom and for my question.

(I just found yesterday, your classmates came wearing school uniform and i knew. Im just a higher level than you.)

"Oh."

(And that reminds me !!! You should treat me with respect ! I am still older than you!)

"Im dead already." 

(So what?!?)

"Hey, lets go back inside. Seungyeon's family needs someone." Their mom said as she stood up.

"Mom." I whispered. Hana stood up too but Jonghyun didnt.

(Im sorry.) he said to me

"I'll stay here for a while." Jonghyun said to his mom and she went inside with Hana. I felt sad. I felt crying. I cried.

(Hey, dont cry.) 

"I cant help it."

(I dont know how to deal with crying girls hey...) his mind voice was comforting and it made me feel a little better...

"Sorry... I'll stop now."

(Good. Well what is your plan now? What are we right now?)

"Mr. Donghyuk said that souls have something called a pair. That a certain soul has a certain human that can hear the soul... That is why i am totally lost as to why i i have you and Hana to hear me and more Hana can see me"

(Wait? A certain human to a certain soul? ONLY?) he emphasized the word only.

"Yes, thats what i was curious about too. Mr. Donghyuk said that, souls have a certain soul to begin with but sometimes they drift apart only in physical but never in souls"

(Like a soul mate?)

"I dont want to put it that way but i think its the same."

(Like i am your soul mate?)

"Please stop with the soul mate thing. You are ruining my imagination with soulmates... And besides ! Mr. Donghyuk said it was just a rumor so stop."

(Why? Why am i ruining your imagination of soul mates?)

"Because !!! Soul mates are supposed to be in love... Meeting the one for you at a street or in a library or in a church and then you click and fall in love... Live happily ever after." Jonghyun smiled at what i said and i immediately regretted what i said.

(You are a romantic)

"Yes i am, so what?! Stop grinning like that !" Actually i find it cute with his dimples and all. STOP SEUNGYEON!

(Alright. If im going to help you we need to have rules.)

"Rules?"

(Yes rules, for instance this. My thoughts? I feel with you in my head) he shifted in his seat. He closed his eyes.

"I can only hear your thoughts if they are loud enough, sometimes its like a radio blurring without signal... And also i cant see your thoughts, only hear it."

(So you cant see me picturing you?) he grinned

"Why the hell are you picturing me for ?!?"

(Nothing...)

"ert."

(Puhahahaha, i was just joking! God! You're so gullible !) he said and if it was possible for my blood to rush in my cheeks it definitely would have.

"The rules" i remind him.

(Oh yes... First, i have school, you have to bear it.)

"Who said i would go to school with you? I can stay with Hana and we would be perfectly fine."

(Hana goes to school too! Would you rather go to hers or our school where your friends are?)

"But you're not even in the same grade!"

(That doesnt mean you cant roam and see them right?) he defended and just like a child, i kept quiet. He smirked.

"Fine. Stop with the grinning and smirking"

(Why? Do you find it cute?)

Yes i do... "No, its sickening"

(Thats harsh) his smile gone.

"Next please."

(Since i cant see you please always tell me where you are...)

"Okay, understandable"

(Hmmmm... I also have a girlfriend, so privacy would be good sometimes....)

Oh....

silence fell upon us and i cant reply anything....

(Hello? Are you still there?) he opened his eyes and i looked at him. 

"Y--yes... Yes im here."

(So okay with the privacy?)

"Of-- of course... Why would i even want to be with you at that time ? Its not like i'll be with you all the time !"

(Oh okay... Good... Wait, are you okay? Why are you stuttering ?)

"Just cold." Why am i lying ?

(Really? You get cold?) his eyebrows frowned, he seemed genuinely worried.

"Nothing, forget it."

Suddenly his phone rang. He picked it up. 

(Oh, girlfriend.) his mind said and i knew my cue to leave.

"I'll leave..."

(Thanks.) he answered the phone and i stood  up, walking towards my wake

"Seulgi--" 

That stopped me on my track.

Seulgi...
Jonghyun's girlfriend...
My bestfriend...
Oh....