Dalawamput Dalawa: At least.

That one day...

I’d like to believe that everything happening to us is just a dream, I wish I’d wake up and find that everything is just made up in my head and im not really dead and so is Ah In and he and Seulgi are still together having their date somewhere.

But when in reality I am really a ghost who turns into a human every night because the elder souls think I have already my purpose and I should move on to the next life, and in reality is that Jonghyun is my soulmate but I am late in meeting him. I should have met him when I was still alive and well, also—Ah In and Seulgi is a part of our unchangeable fate making our lives so messed up together. Always messed up in every lifetime I think, since our fates don’t really change.

When Seulgi left, I saw Ah In crumble for the first time and the way he looked was worse than when Seulgi broke down when he died, he sat on the ground hugging his knees and crying. Jonghyun was frozen and I went to Ah In and hugged him, every sob every tear and every whine—he didn’t hold back anymore. Why would he? Seeing Seulgi throw herself to Jonghyun who just told her he didn’t love her anymore but still she keeps on clinging. If it broke my heart what more would Ah In feel to see his love of life throw herself to someone who cant repay her love.

“H—How can she end up like that? Its like she’s so desperate for Jonghyun’s love. How? How can she do that?” Ah In said still hugging his knees and crying.

“I—I don’t know what to say. I really don’t. I didn’t know Seulgi was like that.”

Jonghyun broke from his state and looked at me.

“I am so sorry, to both of you, to everyone.” He said looking so torn and he also looked like about to cry from where he was standing. Ah In looked up to him and stopped crying. I looked at Ah In

“I wont hate you, but if you don’t do anything to help Seulgi I might just kill you once you turn into a soul.” Ah In said seriously and his gaze to Jonghyun was deadly, then Ah In stood up. And looked at me “You know I cherish you Seungyeon, I love you like my own sister. But I am so sorry if I get upset with you and Jonghyun, I just hate to see Seulgi like this. I am so sorry, I just have to be alone for a while, I promise to come back again when I’ve fixed my feelings.” Ah In said and kissed me on the forehead and left.

Jonghyun leaned on the wall near the fountain, and I followed.

“How are we supposed to help Seulgi?” Jonghyun asked

“I have no idea.”

“If only I knew thi was gonna happen, i—I shouldn’t have.”

“Nobody could have known so don’t blame yourself.”

“No, I shouldn’t have waited for this to happen. Ah In was right, I shouldn’t have led her on then.”

“Its already here, there’s no point in regretting what you should have and could have done.” I said then Jonghyun closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. We stayed silent for quite a while.

Then three students walked passed us and called Jonghyun

“Yah, Jonghyun ah! Advance happy birthday!” they shouted and left. I looked at Jonghyun who nodded to the guys.

“Your birthday is coming up?” I asked.

“yes.”

“When?”

“Does it really matter?”

“Yes it does.”

“I don’t really find it important. Its just another day.” He shrugged his shoulders

“Its not just another day, it’s the mark where another year had been added to your life. You should celebrate it for getting another year. You don’t know how much id like to have added another one to mine.” He kept quiet for a while.

“Im sorry.” He whispered little after

“Stop saying sorry.” I said and he nodded.

“We should go home, I bet Hana is waiting for you already.” He said and he grabbed his bag that was on the floor.

When we got to the house, there was a scooter in the garage. Jonghyun thought we had a visitor.

“Im home!” Jonghyun screamed and no one was answering “Weird” he said. We went to the kitchen but his mom wasn’t there “did they leave without telling me?” then we went upstairs, checked his parent’s room but it was empty, we also checked Hana’s and it was also empty. Jonghyun opened his door and then—

*POP BOOM POP* there were confetti flying around and Jonghyun’s parents were holding a banner and Hana jumping up and down wearing a birthday cap

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE JONGHYUN!!!!” everyone said and Jonghyun was just laughing and it was the first time I saw him laugh so hard that I think his dimples were deep as a well. He was laughing and ran to Hana and carried her on his shoulder and Mrs. Lee hugged her son while Mr. Lee was watching his family have a good time. Even I felt warm with their scene and felt joy but also, I felt envy and sadness. I wondered about my family, its been a while since I visited them. My smile almost faded but Hana caught my gaze and looked at me with such a cute smile that rubbed on me.

“What is with this surprise? Its not yet my birthday.” Jonghyun said and put Hana down and brushed off the confetti on his clothes and on Hana’s hair.

“We thought we should celebrate it early, cause your father might go to a business trip on the 15th and I might go with him and we wont be here to celebrate it with you. So we arranged this with Hana.” Mrs. Lee said and Hana squealed with happiness, Jonghyun patted her head.

“Have you seen our gift to you?” Mr. Lee said putting a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder

“What gift?” Jonghyun asked, then Mr. Lee raised an eyebrow and smirked. Waiting for Jonghyun to realize something. “NO WAAAAAAAAY” Jonghyun said and laughed putting a hand on his belly, “REALLY??? FOR REAL? YOURE GIVING ME A SCOOTER FOR MY BIRHTDAY?!?!” he said and Mr. Lee nodded

“Its about time you make an upgrade. Just make sure to drive it safely okay?” Mr. Lee said and laughed

“I want to see !!! I want to see!!!” Hana chanted and grabbed Jonghyun’s hand and I went aside from the door way and they excitedly ran downstairs. Mr. and Mrs. Lee also followed downstairs and I did too.

Jonghyun was sitting on the scooter and Hana wore the helmet making broom broom sounds and they were all so happy. Jonghyun was thanking his parents again and again, and I found him cute riding the scooter.

“I prepared food, lets go inside and eat.” Mrs. Lee said and they all nodded, Mrs. Lee went in first and everyone followed. They all sat on the table and everyone was so happy.

(Im glad you’re here with me on this day) Jonghyun thought while watching Hana play with the birthday cap

“Really? Why?”

(Because this is the first time we celebrate it and were complete.)

“Really?”

(Yeah, usually theres always one missing when its my birthday so we don’t really make anything of it special especially when I was growing up.)

“Well Im glad you get to celebrate it now. See, I told you its an important day.” I said and then he smiled that heart warming smile.

“Oppa.” Hana called and Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and leaned in to Hana “I have something for you.” Hana said then turned around and reached in for something behind her. I smiled.

“What is it???” Jonghyun asked.

“Tadaaaaaaah. Its my gift for you.” Hana said and gave Jonghyun a couple of post its. Jonghyun bursted into laughter.

“WOW!!!! These are amazing Hana yah. Thank you.” Jonghyun said looking through the post its.

“Unnie helped me with that.” Hana whispered and Jonghyun’s eyes went big.

(You knew)

“Yes I did hahaha, happy birthday”

(You did these?)

“Hana did mostly of it, I just helped her.”

(energizing kiss) he said and he smirked. I felt embarrassed. (your idea?)

“N-no, thats Hana’s.”

(Reaaaaaally~)

Hana and I did coupons in post its, Hana mostly made a ‘Oppa can order Hana anything’ coupon, I suggested she do other coupons aside from that. I told her to give Jonghyun a hug or a kiss. But I was shocked when Hana wrote ‘Energizing kiss and Honey bear hugs’ like where did she even get that idea to call it like that?

“Do you like it Oppa?” Hana asked

“Super” Jonghyun answered “Especially the Energizing kiss” He said and i got more embarrassed.

“Oppa knows that I don’t really like kissing you right? That that coupon is meant for another person?” Hana said

“Hana yah” I warned and Jonghyun raised his hand and Hana clapped for it.

“Thank You very much Hana ! This is even better than the scooter” Jonghyun whispered and they giggled. Seriously.

Then Mrs. Lee came and brought food to the table, followed by Mr. Lee who was also holding a tray of food. And they all ate together. Happily.

How I wish they could always stay that happy, how Jonghyun could always be so happy like how he is right now.

At least one of us isn’t always suffering.

At least one of us is fine.

At least one.

*beep beep beep beep*

 

-----------------------

i promise to write a better chapter soon, hahaha i guess heat is eating me up #summerfeels. Anyway, i hope you can look forward to my story. I think i might throw the bomb in any chapter to make the story go flow fast, Im scared i might forget to update once school starts again. In my timeline, this is just a filler but wholly the story is already reaching the half of the plot.

I always want to thank the readers who always leave coments that make my heart so warm and full of joy hahaha (heart heart bbyong bbyong) and also to he silent readers. Please, leave comments and suggestions. If you have time you could even upvote my story :) Thank you very much !!!!