Labing Pito: Battle

That one day...

He is messing with you Seungyeon, present Jonghyun is messing with you. But those smiles and dimples—ugh.

“Hana, after mom picks you up and you get home, wait for me okay? Then we go to the amusement park.” Jonghyun said as we dropped Hana off. Hana nodded and waved goodbye as she went inside her school. Then Jonghyun pedaled again to our school, no thoughts but he was singing this time. A ballad which I don’t know.

When we got to the school, Seulgi greeted us and Jonghyun’s expression changed. I think everyone knows now that they are together. As Seulgi came close, Ah In also followed, he was staying by Seulgi’s side

“You’re here early.” I said to Ah In and then Seulgi put her arm on Jonghyun. Ah In’s eyes were on them, we walked towards Seulgi’s room.

“Have to watch over her in case someone might try and hurt her.” Ah In said and I know it was meant for Jonghyun. I looked at Jonghyun and saw his eyebrows furrow.

“It’s too early in the morning, please” I said and we stopped at Seulgi’s classroom door. Everyone was looking at us—well at Jonghyun and Seulgi.

“Oppa, can we eat together at lunch?” Seulgi asked and Jonghyun was just looking at her face. Ah In and I were just watching and listening.

(Seungyeon?)

“Yes?”

(Should I eat with her?) Jonghyun asked and I was taken aback

“Uh—its uhm up to you.”

(But I’d like to know what you think)

“I – I don’t know what to think”

“He should just go eat by himself” Ah In said and I slightly slapped his shoulder.

“Oppa?” Seulgi asked again

“Sure.” Jonghyun answered and –and I felt like a child who got her candy stolen away. But Seulgi had a different reaction, seemed like my candy was given to her as she smiled brightly and clapped her hands.

“See you at lunch later Oppa.” Seulgi said and the bell rang exactly.

“Should we go now?” Ah In asked me and I nodded and saw that people were scurrying to go their rooms, except for one.

(Where are you going?)

“Why do you care?” Ah In said and I saw Jonghyun’s jaw harden.

(Seungyeon?)

“Uhm… uh somewhere to kill time.” Why am I feeling scared?

“Somewhere without you, is that alright?” Ah In said again and I hit him again.

“Stop.” I said and turned to Jonghyun. “Go, you’ll be late.”

(Come back after classes, okay? We have plans.)

“Yes, go now. You will really be late.” He then nodded and walked away

“See yah later!” Ah In shouted to Jonghyun

(Keep his mouth shut) Jonghyun said as he walked away. When he was out of sight and thoughts, I hit Ah In

“Do you really have to act like a jerk to him?”

“Why are you being defensive of him?”

“I am not!”

“Yes you are!”

“No I am not! I just don’t like you two being in a pressured, ego, mind battle or something.”

“If he doesn’t lead Seulgi on, I might just treat him nicely.”

“You know he can’t easily do that.”

“He can, he is just a coward to do it.”

“Please stop, just—stop okay? Cant we have a normal day?”

“I don’t think we can, our lives are messed up.” I sighed.

“Well then pretend at least.” I said and Ah In looked at me

“Sorry.” He said and I nodded and he slightly smiled.

We then walked out of school, took a walk around the area and watched people go live their daily life. Some are just busy while some just really have nothing to do. We also passed by some souls, and just smile at them. I asked Ah In if we could go and check my parents and he agreed, so we went to our house and saw that only Mom was there, seemed like Dad went to work. Mom was fixing and rearranging some of our stuff and I missed her so much. Her apple scent that I really love that whenever I smell it, I feel like im home. Sigh

“Are you alright?” Ah In asked and I nodded but tears were welling in my eyes. Ah In then came and hugged me, it was kinda awkward as he wrapped his arms around me and I just stood straight, but I felt comforted, like he was holding me while I’m on the brink of breaking.

“Thanks” I said as he broke the hug and he smiled.

“Should we go?” he asked and I nodded. We went back to school just in time before the bell rang for dismissal.

“Are you following Seulgi today?” I asked Ah In

“Probably, just until she gets home. You? Jonghyun said you had plans after school?” he raised an eyebrow

“Hana wanted to go to the amusement park, to spend time with me.”

“So it’s a date?” my eyes grew big

“No its not! Its just spending time with Hana!” my voice went a little higher than usual

“Yeah, date with Hana! What are you being so jumpy about? Guilty?”

“shut up!” and he chuckled.

3 minutes later, Jonghyun appeared having a bright smile on his face.

(Seungyeon ah, where are you?) he said looking around the hallway.

“He seems really excited.” Ah In said and with that we saw Jonghyun’s face change from smiley to frowny. I slapped Ah In’s shoulder. I walked closer to Jonghyun

(cold) he stopped walking

“Are we going?” I asked

(yeah) he nodded.

“Can I come too?” Ah In asked and I glared at him, he was smiling at me and then looked at Jonghyun and saw that his jaw hardened.

(Seungyeon ah, we need to go. Hana is waiting.)

“Wait, you haven’t answered my question Seungyeonnie.” Ah In said with a little sweetness in his voice and I know he was teasing.

(Seungyeonnie?) Jonghyun repeated and I was getting tired from their invisible battle

“No, you are not coming with us. Go play somewhere else.” I sadi to Ah In and turned to Jonghyun “we should go, Hana is probably home.” I said and Jonghyun’s face changed, and Ah In was just smiling.

Jonghyun started walking and I followed, looking back Ah In was waving his hand at us smiling.

“We should stop at a mall first.” Jonghyun suggested while walking to his bike.

“Why?”

“We need to buy clothes.”

“Clothes? For Hana?”

“For you.” He said.

----------

Sorry if it took a while for me to update, finals is coming up and we have a lot of things to do before school ends…. Also, please vote for Soompi’s round 3 :) its also fan fictions and please help us get votes as many as you can !!! Thank you very much!