Dalawampu: 97 Days

That one day...

When we were going home, it was already close to midnight and Hana fell asleep on the way home, Jonghyun carried her and they looked adorable so i told Jonghyun to give me his phone so i could take a picture of them. As the night deepened, we were walking and i cant help but smile.

"See, you look so beautiful when you smile." He said and i looked at him, his eyes were soft and sweet that my heart beat faster, i blushed. He held my hand.

"What do you feel when you tell me you love me?" I asked, his eyebrows creased and he thought for a while.

"I dont know why you asked that but im still gonna answer. I feel happy and excited whenever i think, hear and see you. My heart races when i hear your voice, and goes crazy whenever i get to see you-- like now." He smiled and his dimples showed. I poked his dimple with my other hand and he closed his eyes as he crinkled his nose with a smile so his dimples got deeper. How is he so cute and handsome at the same time ? 

We got home and as usual, i had to sneak in. Jonghyun carrying Hana went inside first so he can check if their parents are still awake waiting for them and he'll just come back for me. As i wait for Jonghyun i felt insecure as if someone was watching me but i cant even see anybody even with the streetlights on, or maybe it was just the effect of the haunted house. The door opened and Jonghyun peeped.

"They're asleep, lets go." He said and i entered. 

--
Last night was like a dream, how he held me, how he brushed my hair, how we would look at each other, how Hana would tease us. Everything was so perfect that i almost forgot I was dead, that I would turn back into a soul once the sun rises. When he said good night last night he just smiled and kissed my forehead an i thought that it was the sweetest thing ever, even when we kissed-- because back then i didnt know what to think and feel-- but last night everything was like from a movie...

"Good morning." Jonghyun greeted descending from downstairs with a smile on his face. Hana was already having her breakfast and she too has a wide smile on her face.

"Seems like everyone has a good morning. Wonder what happened in the amusement park." Mrs. Lee said

"WE HAD FUN!" Hana shouted and raised her spoon. Mr. and Mrs., Jonghyun and i all laughed at how cute Hana was.

"Did you really?" Mr. Lee asked Jonghyun as he sat and grabbed a spoon.

"Yes Dad, so much fun." He answered.

"Oppa had so much fun, especially on the haunted house." I froze at the mention of haunted house, every memory of the ghosts were playing in my head.

"Really? Did your Oppa protect you or did he ran away?" Mrs. Lee asked

"Oppa had to protect Seu---"

"HANA!" I screamed and Hana stopped and looked at her spoon with big eyes, Jonghyun also froze.

"Sujin, Hana was saying i had to protect Sujin. She was the uhhh--- uhm the girl Hana was telling you about." Jonghyun saved and sighed at the end. Mr. Lee's eyebrow raised at Jonghyun but let it go. Hana kept on munching her food and i sighed.

"Really? I havent heard a name Sujin, is she your classmate ? Your crush ?" Mrs. Lee interviewed

"No mom! Stop, im not in any way involved with Sujin." Jonghyun said defending himself.

"Sujin is a name of my cousin." I whispered and Jonghyun froze, Hana was blinking continuously with spoon in . Both of them flustered and i chuckled.

"What is wrong with you two? What did you eat at the park? Why are you both looking flustered as if a ghost just appeared?" Mrs. Lee said and Jonghyun got his head straight.

"Nothing mom, just -- maybe hangover from the fun last night... Anyways, what movie did you guys watch last night?" Jonghyun said and the topic easily changed, Mr. and Mrs. Lee was happily telling what happened to them while Jonghyun pretended to listen.

(Okay, im in a way involved with a Sujin.) i chuckled.

"Yes you are."  Hana's eyebrow raised as I answered, probably curious of what Jonghyun and i were talking about. Jonghyun also saw it so he pinched Hana's cheek full of food.

They finished breakfast and since it was a weekend, everyone was home and has no plans of going out. Jonghyun is at his room while Hana and I play at her room when suddenly i can see Uriel waving his hand at the window. My eyes grew big and Hana saw it so she turned around and looked at the window but Uriel hid so Hana cant see him. Hana turned back to me.

"Why unnie ?"

"Oh? Nothing, uhm--- unnie just needs to go out for a while okay?"

"Where?"

"Just somewhere. I'll be back okay?" I said and followed Uriel, i went downstairs so Hana wont feel weird me using the window to go out. When i got out, Uriel was far away waving, probably so Hana wont be able to see him from the window. I went to him.

----------
JONGHYUN's POV

I was reading a book when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in !" I said then Hana peeped from the door. I told her to come close and sit beside me. "What?"

"Unnie went out." She said

"What?"

"Unnie went out."

"Where?"

"I dont know she just said somewhere and that she'll be back."

"Just now?"

"Yes." I stood up and told Hana I'm going after her but then Hana stopped me. "You cant even see her." I froze and remember it was daylight. Sigh.

-----
SEUNGYEON's POV

"How have you been?" Uriel asked as we were walking which i don't know where we will be going.

"Fine. Im getting used to my daily routine."

"You shouldn't be getting used to it, you should be making the most of it." I looked at Uriel and he has a sympathetic smile on his face. I looked down.

"Im still settling in, i guess."

"Im sorry if i made you sad."

"No, no you didn't. I guess someone really had to make me realize the reality."

"I just don't want you to get hurt in the end. The 100 days is supposed to end happily, by letting go and having no regrets." When Uriel said that, i knew i was wavering again-- whether this is right or wrong.

"I know. And i think i just made a decision that would really make me regret at the end."

"I know what you mean." I looked at Uriel and although he has a smile on his face, he looked serious. "I am still a guardian and i do check on you sometimes. And i know what is with you and Jonghyun, and i don't mean anything bad... But i know it'll worsen your situation, stating the obvious that you are a soul."  I might just burst crying again.

"Uhmm--- can-- can we sit down?" I asked stuttering.

"Sure, lets go there." He pointed to a bench outside an ice cream store. We sat down and i took a breathe to calm my edging tears.

"I didn't even know it was possible for me to love him. And him to love me."

"I know."

"What am i gonna do?" I asked and looked at Uriel.

"Im not a love expert my dear, i am a guardian for your safety." He said and smiled while i sighed. "But watching humans, theres one thing i learned. That whenever they choose to ignore what their heart says, they tend to be more sad and regretful even if they think they are not."

"So i should follow my heart?"

"Well thats the only thing we can do for now since we really don't know anything else." Uriel said shrugging his shoulders.

"But I'm afraid there'll be consequences later."

"There are always consequences to everything. Its called the action and reaction." He joked and i laughed, but i know what he said was real.

"Thank you. For being with me." I said whole heartedly. He smiled a warm smile.

"Its my job after all. And i am quite fond of your story. I just really wish you happiness."

"I think I'm starting to know what happiness is."

"With Jonghyun?"

"And with Hana."

"Ahhh, that cute little girl."

"Haha yes, she is a cutie. Just in case, do you know Hana's previous life?" I curiously asked.

"Hmmmm, no i dont. But i'll make that as my assignment. But i bet she is still a cutie."

"Maybe a fairy."

"Fairies don't exist dear."

"Im open to everything now, a ghost, an angel, a ghost turning human--- a fairy is quite close and id like to believe there are so much more." I said and Uriel laughed.

"I have guided you well i think hahaha." He laughed and i joined in. When the laughter died down, he went serious. "On the serious note, i came here to remind you that you have 97 days till the day of moving on. And i'd like to repeat what i said earlier, that you should be making the most of your days left here on earth being as a soul and a human. We still dont know why you are able to turn human even without knowing your purpose, but i'd like to think otherwise."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe, you already are fulfilling your purpose. We just don't know what it is."

"What?"

"Well, that is just my thought. Because its really impossible that you are granted the 100 days without any purpose, so i'd like to think that we just dont know what it is but you already are fulfilling it."

With what Uriel said, i think he is right. And one more crossed my mind, i have to be more careful of my actions. Because if not, my 100 days might be cancelled and be a lost soul and never move on.

But do i really want to move on?

"Im scared." I confessed and looked at Uriel.

"Don't be. I'm here and i will help you as much as i can."

"Really?"

"Really." He nodded and i took in his words.

"I have so much to ask you, but I'm afraid Jonghyun must be looking for me."

"Of course, wow that guy! Oh i mean the previous Jonghyun-- that guy was really really funny whenever he looked for the previous Seungyeon."

"Really? Why?"

"They were inseparable, when the other one is gone its as if life was so dark. They miss each other crazy."

"Really?"

"Uhuh, i guess Jonghyun now is more modern so its less dramatic."

"As if, he screamed at me last time."

"But that was because he was still confused, and you too."

"Maybe. But anyways, i really have to go or else he'll really scream at me. And Hana and i still has to finish playing."

"Sure, i'll walk you home."

"Oh, its fine... You dont need to. Im pretty sure you still have to guard other people."

"Really? I can go?"

"Yes. Im a soul now, nothing would kill me hahaha." I joked and he smiled. He thanked me and waved goodbye and a light flashed on him and when i opened my eyes he was gone. Just when i turned around to walk home, two girls from the ice cream store and they looked familiar. I recognized them as Jonghyun's classmates. I was about to ignore them when i heard Jonghyun's name.

"I saw Jonghyun at the amusement park last night, he was with a girl." The first girl said

"Seulgi?" Said the second girl.

"No, it wasn't Seulgi."

"Who?"

"I don't know, but the figure was familiar."

"Its probably Seulgi."

"I don't know but i really think it wasn't Seulgi."

"Eeey, i dont think Jonghyun is a guy who cheats. And just never mind them, they have their own lives. You should probably think more about Jaehyun and you." They walked away and i froze at the spot, panicking.

What if Seulgi knew? She would feel hurt, and Ah In would probably be angry again!

Why didn't i think of this?

Ugh.