Chapter 6

love became difficult when he came

 

Hyuna and Dongwoon were going to school but they were still upstairs at home. Jessica unnie was preparing their breakfast.
 
"Dongwoon! Hyuna! Hurry up! You both have to go to school now!" shouted jessica.
 
"The person who will go to downstairs first will eat the entire pancake. 1, 2, 3, GO!" Hyuna shouted to Dongwoon as she immediately ran downstairs to eat the pancake. She always knew the smell of that food and that was why she knew what they were going to eat.
 
“Yah, I want to eat that pancake too!” Dongwoon should while hurriedly went downstairs but unluckily, Hyuna was first.
 
“Haha, me first!” Hyuna said as she immediately ate the pancake in front of him deliciously. Dongwoon his lips.
 
“Noona! Hyuna don’t want to share the pancake!” Dongwoon whined to their older sister, Jessica.
 
“Hyuna...” Jessica called. Hyuna looked at her and saw Jessica’s eyes to give him the pancake too.
 
Hyuna sighed. “Arasso. Yah! Such a baby! Here’s for you, pabo!” Hyuna said as she put some of the pancakes on Dongwoon’s plate.
 
Dongwoon rolled his eyes and ate his pancake. “Yummy!”
 
After 10 minutes eating, Hyuna and Dongwoon finally finished their breakfast and took their bags on the sofa at the living room. 
 
“We have to go now, annyoung~” They both kissed Jessica’s cheeks and left. 
 
---
 
On their way to school, they didn’t talk to each other and remained silence, but Hyuna was singing ‘Mirror mirror’ by 4minute. After she finished singing, Dongwoon started the talk.
 
“Noona, are you still with Jonghyun hyung?” Dongwoon asked. 
 
“Yes, I still am. Why?”
 
“Nothing, he doesn’t always go to our house,” Dongwoon said softly. Hyuna started to frown and felt upset.
 
“I know...he’s too busy,” 
 
Dongwoon saw his sister upset so to make her cheer up, he pinched her cheeks. “Aigoo, don’t sad! Gikwang hyung is always there for you when you’re alone!” He laughed after that.
 
She rubbed her poor cheeks. “Yah, you’re hurting me! Gikwang? What do you mean?”
 
“Nothing, but seems like he started to like you,” Dongwoon said with a big smile on his face.
 
Hyuna slapped his arm hard and looked away. “Whatever,”
 
---
 
When they finally arrived at school, Hyuna saw her friend, Jihyun was waiting for her. She waved her as Jihyun waved Hyuna back.
 
“Hey, Jihyun unnie is waiting for me there. Let’s go!”
 
Dongwoon was surprised. “W-what? No! I have to go to meet Yoseob!”
 
He was going to go to the opposite direction but Hyuna grabbed his arms to stop him.
 
“Yah, come on!” Hyuna dragged Dongwon and went towards where Jihyun was.
 
---
 
Annyeong, unnie!” Hyuna said in a cute way and hugged her. Jihyun chuckled while Dongwoon was waving to people who greeted him. As he done, he looked at Jihyun. Jihyun smiled in a shy way.
 
Dongwoon grabbed Hyuna’s arm and went near her ears. “Can I talk with Jihyun...alone?”
 
“What?! No!” Hyuna exclaimed.
 
Dongwoon glared at Hyuna as Hyuna glared him back too. Jihyun interrupted them by coughing as they were having an intense glare. 
 
“Come on, noona!” Dongwoon whined.
 
“Aish, sure!” she hissed. Hyuna looked back at Jihyun, smiling.
 
“Unnie! I have to go now. Jonghyun oppa is waiting for me,” Hyuna said softly.
 
“Ah, it’s okay! You don’t want your boyfriend worry about you right?” Hyuna nodded.
 
“Then go! I will meet you at the cafeteria!” Jihyun said. Hyuna smiled and looked at Dongwoon back.
 
“Be good, you jerk and you owe me,” Hyuna whispered at Dongwoon and slapped his arm cheerfully.
 
“Ouch!” 
 
---
 
That noona, seriously is a pro on hitting people’ he thought. Dongwoon looked at Jihyun.
 
“Good morning, noona!” Dongwoon greeted. 
 
“Good morning to you too, Dongwoon.” 
 
“It’s kind of early right now to go inside. Should we talk for a while?” Dongwoon asked as he was feeling shy at that time.
 
“Sure, why not.” Jihyun replied. Dongwoon took her hand and dragged her to an empty bench. They sat together and smiled with each other.
 
“Dongwoon...” she called.
 
“Yes?” 
 
Jihyun looked at her hand. Dongwoon was confused so he looked her hand too, but now he finally realised that he was still holding her hand so he immediately let go of it and felt embarrassed. 
 
“Oh, sorry...”
 
“Noona, can I ask you something personal if you don’t mind.” Dongwoon said.
 
“Sure, what is it?”
 
“Noona, are you in relationship with Key?” he blurted out. “Seems like both of you are really close to each other”
 
“No, he’s just my cousin. Why?”
 
Dongwoon felt relieved and smiled. “Nothing,” 
 
Jihyun smiled back before her phone vibrated. She checked her phone and widened her eyes after reading the message.
 
“Oh god, I have to go now! Taeyeon unnie is waiting for me inside already. I’m really sorry, bye!” Jihyun stood up and bowed quickly. Before Jihyun could go away, Dongwoon hold her hand.
 
“Wait,”
 
Dongwoon stood up and kissed her cheek. He let go of her hand and looked away. “S-see you later,”
 
“O-okay,” Jihyun mumbled and left him with a big smile on her face.