Chapter 18

love became difficult when he came

Jonghyun and Hyuna were in the same class for every subject except activity club and English. They ignored each other completely. Hyuna was still broken-hearted of what Jonghyun said and did. When it was already time for break, Hyuna and her girls headed to the cafeteria. They found a table and ate their food. After Hyuna already done eating her food, she was ready to tell her friends what happened to her that morning.

“Guys, I’m ready to tell you about this morning,” she told.

Taeyeon and Jihyun nodded as they stopped eating for a while. Hyuna explained it from the first until the end. When she finished, both of her girls were pretty mad.

“Why did he protect her than you? How could he!” Taeyeon exclaimed. She was pissed off.

“He’s really stupid!”

Hyuna frowned. “Yah, don’t mad at him! He doesn’t know the truth. Yuri lied to me anyway,”

“But still he...” Jihyun closed Taeyeon’s mouth before she could say anything.

“Please unnie, stop! You’re making Hyuna more upset about this,” Jihyun told her.

“Ahh...mianhae.” Taeyeon apologised.

Hyuna smiled bitterly. The girls all of the sudden grabbed her both hands slowly. “Be patience, babe. Forget about it, let’s have some fun this evening okay?”

Hyuna shook her head. “I think I can’t”

“Why?”

“Dongwoon is sick so I have to take care of him since Jessica is having a trip to Japan,” Hyuna replied.

“Oh, okay. We can do it next time, okay?” Taeyeon said before Hyuna nodded and smiled.

---
School ended...

Before Hyuna could walk out of the gate, someone called her. “Hyuna!”

Hyuna turned around and saw her girls were waving at her as they gave her support. Hyuna chuckled. She wave them before walked away.

---

Hyuna was walking alone at the path beside the road to her home alone. Dongwoon was sick. She was still wondering about her first fight with Jonghyun which made her tears started to fall. Again, someone called her.

“Hyuna!”

Hyuna quickly wiped her tears and turned around which she saw Gikwang. “Ah, annyoung!”

“Where is Dongwoon? Is he sick? I didn’t see him at school”

“Yes, he is sick,”

Gikwang could feel something wrong with this girl in front of him. He looked straight in her eyes and realized that Hyuna’s eyes were red because of...crying.

“Why are your eyes red? Did you cry?” Gikwang asked in panic, but the only he had reply was nothing because Hyuna looked away.

“Hyuna?”

“I’m not. Please, better you go!” Hyuna continued to walk, but Gikwang stopped her.

“Is this because of Jonghyun again?”  Hyuna was startled that he brought up Jonghyun’s name. Since Hyuna was in bad mood, she was annoyed and wanted to have time with herself alone.

“No, it’s not your business Gikwang! Please stay away!” Hyuna yelled.

Gikwang was shocked with her reaction. Hyuna shut up and realized what she did say.

“Gikwang...”

Gikwang showed his poker face. “Sorry that I disturb you. I will don’t bother you again, bye” He ran and left.

“Gikwang!” Hyuna called him, but it was useless since he already went far away from her.

“What have I done!” Hyuna yelled as her both hands covered her face. Her tears started to fall again.

---

After 30 minutes walking slowly to home, Hyuna finally arrived. She opened the door and gasped when she saw Dongwoon’s figure stood behind the door.

“Noona! Where are you just now?”

Hyuna smiled at him. “Oh, I h-helped sir Yunho cleaned the studio”

Dongwoon raised his left eyebrow and sighed. “Whatever, but please don’t make me worry again” Hyuna nodded and walked away.

“Wash your face, okay? And tell me what exactly had happened,”

Hyuna was confused and looked at him. “Huh?”

“Jihyun told me you had a problem at school. Please tell me the truth after you wash up yourself at my room okay?”

Hyuna nodded.

---

Hyuna done with her shower and used her clothes so she went straight to Dongwoon’s bedroom. She opened the door.

“Did I tell you to knock the door?”

“Knock, knock” Hyuna joked. Dongwoon chuckled and patted his bed as a sign for Hyuna to sit there.

“What did exactly happen?”

“You don’t have to know, Woonie” Dongwoon was staring at her with his arm-crossed.

Hyuna sighed and defeated. So she told him what happened to her plus her unlucky meeting with Gikwang. After she ended, Dongwoon flicked his finger on Hyuna’s forehead.

“Yah! Why did you...”

“You lied at me! Now I know why you came late this evening. You walked slowly right?”

Hyuna nodded and quickly covered her face with one of Dongwoon’s pillow. “S-sorry”

Dongwoon sighed and hugged her before patted her back. “It’s okay”

“I have to go to sleep now,” Hyuna told him.

“Sure and please close the door” Hyuna nodded.

Before she could leave the room, she said, “Thank you for being my caring brother,”

Dongwoon smiled before shushed her. “Sleep!”

“Arasso,” She pouted and closed the door before went straight to her room.

---

After she left, Dongwoon quickly grabbed his iphone and dialed a number.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jjong: Yoboseyo?
Dw: It's me, Dongwoon.
Jjong: Oh...
Dw: What did you do to my sister?
Jjong: I didn't do anything!
Dw: Stop! She's really hurt! You know that every day she prays that she will be patience and wait for the time to come.
Jjong: ......
Dw: She really wanted to meet you like seriously! But you just are busy with your photo shoot. Now you mad at her because of one date. Please tell me...why did you cancel the date?
Jjong: I didn't!
Dw: I saw Yuri left from our house last week and noona told me that she said that you canceled the date.
Jjong: wait. What? I didn't cancel the date!
Dw: Whatever! It's up for you to believe or not. Let see...why you don’t believe your lovely childhood friend...
Jjong: Wait!
Dw: .....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dongwoon ended the call. He sighed and frustrated of what happened. He covered himself with blanket and went to sleep.