Love Don't Hurt

Alpha's Orders [Editing]

Hello all and I'm back after a long while to say hello~! I won't say much in this AN since I will be posting the next update of this story as soon as I'm done showering, but just be warned, this story is coming to a close, very, very soon.


| A to O: You’ve been trying to dry those tears so long. Maybe in time you’ll be alright, staring in my eyes, baby you can’t deny what you keep inside. |

After a few days passed and a few meetings between Xiumin, his mothers, and the elders it seemed like everything was starting to come together.

They had already agreed from the beginning to unify their packs and they all decided to expand their territories, Daehyun and Yongguk’s packs were to start expanding towards them first as they had a more fearsome reputation than Xiumin’s pack did. They also were the pack that had their elders. The elders were to be split for the time being, the three most powerful going back with the rest of Yongguk’s pack to help expand and settle any animosities that may pop up.

The other three gammas would stay back to help protect the pack, because after all no matter how strong a pack is they can be easily overtaken without any elders to protect or guide them.

The last gamma still hadn’t received his punishment but nobody wanted to rush into asking Sehun whether or not he was okay with seeing and hearing his last attacker everywhere one more time. Especially since his heat recently ended so they kept pushing it back.

Xiumin especially wasn’t in any rush, the guards had relayed to him and his mothers that as the longer time worn on the more unsettled the gamma became.

Frankly he couldn’t care how unsettled the gamma was starting to be, maybe he finally realized the consequences he would be faced with, usually they were kept quiet but his mother hadn’t enforced that this time, he was sure some guards had ‘accidently’ let it slip what was in store for him.

Brushing all those thoughts aside he knocked on Chanyeol’s door. Today was the day Yongguk’s pack would all be saying their goodbyes to everyone until a few months. They often all switched between his house and Chanyeol’s house. Eventually Kris and Sehun did meet and although it did take a long process for Sehun to be even remotely comfortable with Kris in the room, just like Yongguk, he eventually got used to him.

After no one answered he let himself in and saw them all playing Uno. Save for Sehun, Baekhyun, and Daehyun.

“Hey guys.” Zelo and Jongup waved, Yongguk smiling brightly at him.

Chanyeol and Kris were lounged on the behind them.

“Sehun just went into the bathroom and Daehyun and Baekhyun stepped outside to say their goodbyes.”

Xiumin nodded and just as he sat down Sehun walked into the room, the omega happily skipped over to him and sat on his lap. For some reason the alpha couldn’t help but think how far they have come, from Sehun slapping him to now freely, but still hesitantly, showing him affection in public.

“If I haven’t been mistaken…..I don’t think I’ve seen Himchan or Youngjae at all.”

“They were part of the group that stayed back to keep watch over our territory.” Xiumin nodded slightly and in came Daehyun and Baekhyun.

They both had gloomy albeit cheerful expressions.

Of course everyone knew what that meant, but they didn’t think it would actually happen. Sehun voiced out their thoughts just to affirm what they all thought.

“Baekhyun hyung……you’re not going with them?”

The delta shook his head, leaning into Daehyun. “No, I’m staying here. I mean it will only take a few months, we’ll see each other again soon. Besides this is my home, I’ve been apart from you guys for too long.”

Everyone could sense the conflict in his voice as it slightly cracked, they knew it wasn’t an easy decision that he had made.

Xiumin smiled comfortingly. “You’re right, it’ll only take a few months, before you know it he’ll be back and you guys can keep being disgustingly cute.”

Everyone laughed, Baekhyun flipping him the bird.

After that they fell into a peaceful discussion, everyone was at ease. Xiumin, at the back of his mind, knew he would eventually have to round up Sehun’s family. He would have to be quick, they probably thought they were safe and we’re getting off scot-free but as soon as they heard about the last gamma he knew people would start raising suspicions and doubts if Sehun’s famil weren’t also held accountable.

It was a lot to settle so he pushed it the back of his mind.

“And then we’ll live happily ever after!”

Xiumin raised a brow and Sehun whispered. “He was talking about how almost everything will be resolved once the expansion is complete.” The alpha nodded slowly then it went quiet.

Sehun was looking at everyone curiously but everyone was looking at Xiumin as if expecting something from him and he sighed.

“Hunnie I know it might still be early. But……can you maybe… I know I asked you this before, at least I think I have, and you were a bit…hm not against it but…you weren’t exactly open to it. But maybe you can start thinking about this again, your family, shouldn’t we bring them in and question them as well?”

Sehun had a blank expression on his face as he thought, Xiumin knew that even though he had finally realized everything his family was doing to him was wrong he was still hesitant to turn them in, it wasn’t that he was protecting them, it was probably along the lines of it could’ve been worse. His mother could’ve let them him, could’ve tossed him out, maybe even sold him to one of them. He was still holding empathy.

As valuable as that trait was he didn’t know how to get it across that Sehun shouldn’t hold any sympathy or empathy for them. They did nothing to stop the gammas harassing them, they were the ones doing it for money and it doesn’t matter that it could’ve been worse.

“Sehun……I think I know what you’re thinking but…..you shouldn’t try and…keep them safe.”

Sehun scrunched his features in confusion, looking down at his fingers. Xiumin was ready to move them somewhere else, thinking maybe he didn’t want to have this conversation with everyone but he only sighed.

“But….other people have it worse, right now something more terrible could be happening to someone.”

He was right.

He didn’t even know how to respond, even though he knew Sehun could be right he needed to make the other focus on himself, not other people. Yes, something terrible, something even worse than what Sehun went through, could be happening to someone else right now as they were speaking but that didn’t matter, well it did but, how could he even begin to explain.

Times like these he was thankful Yongguk was here, the elder alpha was just as dumbfounded as everyone had been but had quickly regained his composure as he started speaking to Sehun in a firm but soft voice.

“We know that Sehun but you can’t just push your problems aside because someone might be going through something worse than you. Sometimes they work but only for small trivial things, like failing a test or forgetting to do something important. But not in your case where you were ually harassed.”

Everyone nodded, agreeing with what Yongguk was saying so far.

“Sehun don’t ever forget that severity of your situation, what you’re trying to do is essentially sweep it under the rug. It’s fine if you don’t want your family involved but don’t say it’s because they could’ve done worse to you, it’s….nice that you’re not forgetting about others but what you’re really doing is trying to humanize them. Sehun when they agreed to let other people touch you, without your consent, they lost the right to be humanized. So yes, it could’ve been worse but what happened to you is already bad, you should pay attention to it Sehun, don’t try to run away, and don’t, please don’t try and think of your assaulters and your perpetrators wellbeing when they wouldn’t even think about yours.”

Sehun stayed quiet, most probably trying to process everything that he was being told.

“It could’ve been worse…….” He mumbled.

Everyone seemed ready to protest once again but Yongguk must’ve seen something different than the rest of them and lifted up a hand to silence them.

“Yes.”

A moment of silence passed.

“But…….they hurt me knowingly….because they wanted to hurt me…and they wanted money. That’s not….not right.”

“Yes.”

“…..My family didn’t care about me.”

Sehun’s voice cracked and Xiumin knew that’s what Sehun had been protecting all along, no matter what had happened he still wanted to pretend that his family cared. He wanted to have an illusion. It made sense, after all who would think their own brother and mother would turn against them. Your sibling was supposed to be the very first friend you make in this world. Your mother was supposed to be there to protect, nurture, and love you.

Yongguk’s eyes softened and he slowly nodded, his voice faint this time. “No…they didn’t.”

It was like that broke another dam, Sehun’s eyes started watering and in another second he had turned around in Xiumin’s lap to bury his face in his neck. Xiumin could feel the tears soaking his neck as he rubbed the omega’s back.

He held him tight, everyone slightly scooted closer, also rubbing Sehun and trying to soothe them in any way they could. He expected Sehun to push some away but instead he stayed calm, well not calm since he was crying, but he wasn’t freaking out over the extra pair of hands that were trying to soothe him.

Even Kris was gently petting Sehun’s hair, he knew the other man was trying without getting too close, possibly because Sehun still wasn’t hundred percent comfortable with him but also possibly because he wasn’t all too big on affection.

A few minutes had passed. None of them knew how many but the omega’s tears started dying down, Yongguk gently shook his shoulder trying to see if he would respond to him, he quickly stopped when he realized why the other was staying quiet.

He had fallen asleep.

“When he wakes up, let’s not talk about it, let’s give him a few more days to process it okay?” Xiumin weakly asked, everyone nodded in agreement.

“I think that would be best.” Baekhyun kissed Sehun’s head.

Yongguk stood up and looked outside and Xiumin heard him sigh. He knew what that meant after seeing Daehyun pull Baekhyun towards him and kiss him one last time.

“It’s time for us to get going, I hope everything goes well.” Yongguk offered a smile and Xiumin hummed in appreciation.

“Stay safe all of you.”

Chanyeol and Kris mirrored his worries and got up to give everyone hugs, Xiumin just waved not wanting to move Sehun and have him wake up. They all understood and soon Yongguk, Daehyun, Zelo, and Jongup had left.

| O to A: When we’re together, I unknowingly smile. I think I’m addicted to you. Without a cure you’re an addictive strong alcohol. |