Hurt

Alpha's Orders [Editing]

Talking to the omega however proved itself to be more difficult than he had originally thought, since he is after all the alpha’s son, he was constantly being stopped by other omegas who wanted to flirt or try to convince him that they’re mates and that he was just choosing to not feel the pull. Which greatly irritated him since everyone knew you just couldn't "ignore" the pull. Or alphas who kept bowing to him and telling him how much they respected him, it took everything he had to not roll his eyes, he already knew most were just kissing up to him because he was going to be the next leader.  

After what seemed like an eternity he finally reached the corner where he had seen him only to huff in frustration as no one was there. Was that other alpha wrong? Had he let someone else claim him?

Just as he was about to turn to try talk to one of the more tame seeming omegas he saw something move, it was slight but he could see it the shadow of the person he had seen before except now, whoever it was had moved to the other side of the room inching towards the door. He continued watching on curiously wondering if the two betas guarding the door would catch him, or if he would succeed in escaping.

He chuckled in amusement when the other failed, he watched as the omega growled a bit under his breath while one of the betas scolded him and pushed him back toward the others, he walked a bit closer to hear what they were saying.

“Now Sehun you know the rules.”

“Ugh! Why must you keep me here when we both know that no alpha would want me?!” He exclaimed throwing his arms up in frustration. 

“It’s not up to that alpha whether he or she wants you and you know that perfectly well.”   

Then the omega stormed off mumbling something about how all alphas were stupid and he didn't need one, saying he was too independent to be dependent on someone.

Xiumin kept watching him curiously from across the room just learning small things about him, for example instead of trying to show off he seemed to not want any of the people in the room to even see an inch of his skin as he kept pulling his sleeves up to cover his hands.

Instead of standing near the middle and trying to attract people towards him he stayed off in that corner, tracing random patterns onto the walls next to him. He seemed more interested in passing time than actually finding a mate.

Everything about him intrigued Xiumin, he couldn't seem to look away and there was something keeping him there, something that made him start walking towards him. As he started getting closer it started getting stronger and he already knew what it was.

§¤§

Sehun whined and started tracing some circles onto the walls, still mad at the beta who had kept him there. He sighed and looked around the room, it’s okay there’s only a few people left, at the most he had to wait until four more couples left then they would all be allowed to leave since the remaining wouldn't want to go anywhere near him and they would’ve probably already talked to each other.

As his eyes were skimming over the room he noticed that the gaze he had felt earlier was still concentrated on him. His eyes widened as he noticed they were walking towards him and he quickly turned, trying to pay attention to the wall once again.

“Hey.”

They were close enough to where Sehun didn't even have to turn all the way to see who it was, he cursed inwardly as he had to be somewhat polite. He couldn't just ignore him and not expect to get away scot-free.

Taking a deep breath to brace himself he finally turned and had to bit his lip to hold back a gasp, feeling a sudden attraction to him.

Sehun mentally kicked himself.

No this wasn't happening to him, not him. He was totally not the mate of the alpha’s son, he couldn't be, maybe he ate something bad and was getting confused.

Xiumin showed a bright smile and Sehun felt the tug on his heart, a pull towards the older man and his face paled.

Why?! Why did it have to be him? Why did it have to be anyone?!

He mentally sobbed, he didn't even want an alpha so why did he get stuck with the one and only king of alphas, it was no fair! Why couldn't one of the other omegas who practically started drooling at the sight of Xiumin be his mate?

Composing himself he sat up straight and masked his emotions, giving a quick bow. “Hello hyung, how are you this evening?”

He hummed and to Sehun’s horror grabbed a chair and sat next to him. “I’m doing pretty well.” He leaned in making Sehun nearly jump up and run out of the room. “Although if I’m honest…....everyone here is annoying.”

Sehun stared at him then couldn't help but chuckle, he never imagined that the next leader of their pack would dare say something like that. “And why do you say that?”

“Because they’re drooling all over me and if they’re not drooling over me they’re kissing the ground that I walk on.”

“Hmm and here I thought that’s what every alpha strives for.” Sehun scoffed and actually regretted it as he saw the hurt flash through Xiumin’s eyes.

“Not all of us are like that.” He wanted to apologize but his reputation wouldn't let him.

No matter how much they tried to hide it everyone, even the betas, were watching them. Sehun, the alpha hater conversing with Xiumin, the next leader. So instead he rolled his eyes and looked away.

“Tch you’re just saying that because you don’t want to look bad in front of everyone. Then again it’s not like you could do wrong…my majesty.”

Sehun practically hissed out the last two words and tried not to notice how his words seemed to leave Xiumin deflated.

He decided now would be the best time to leave this corner, as, in his opinion, he had spent too much time talking to an alpha that wasn't Kai and that was nowhere near acceptable.

§¤§

Xiumin watched him leave as his heart cracked, he knew the other was his mate there was no denying the pull. At least that’s what he had thought, but Sehun had proved him wrong. Not only had he rejected him in a way but he put him in a category which he didn't belong to. He didn't want him to think that he was just like any other alpha, wanting to be worshipped.

His mother had taught him that even if he was better than everyone he wasn't. It sounds complicated but it made sense. He was better, there was no doubting that but he would never let it get to his head, so under the watchful eye of his mothers he had never flaunted his status like the others.

Not wanting to give up he quickly stood up and tried again, flashing a smile although not as bright and cheerful as the first.

“I didn't catch your name?” He didn't want to let him know he already knew in case he thought of him as weird.  

He could’ve sworn he heard him mumble “That’s because I never gave it.” But instead he stopped and turned to him. “Oh Sehun.”

He nodded and was about to introduce himself before Sehun cut him off. “I know who you are, everyone knows who you are.”

Xiumin flushed as throughout the whole process of getting to Sehun he had momentarily forgotten who he truly was and he scratched the back of his neck not really knowing what else to say. Then again he had to say something about them because he knew it just couldn't be just him that felt it. That has to be scientifically impossible.

Leaning in again he whispered in his ear. “I know you feel it too.” He pulled away in time to see the younger’s eyes widened and he knew then that he did feel it but he was choosing to ignore it. Did he really hate alphas that much?

“The only thing I feel is annoyance! Why don’t you go and bestow your wonderful and holy presence to someone other than me?”

Xiumin bit his lip now feeling a bit irritated and beyond hurt that his mate didn't show any signs of acceptance.

“You know…you’re my mate.” His voice dropped to a whisper, stepping a bit closer while Sehun shook his head.

“Nothing is official I don’t have a mark. I’m not your anything!”

He was stumped never in a million years did Xiumin think that anyone would respond to him this way, he didn't know what to do now. Mates always accepted each other, even if they were rejected no one had heard of anyone rejecting a head alpha, well future head alpha.

Taking a moment to gather himself he suddenly grabbed Sehun’s wrist which immediately earned him protests and dragged him towards the door. The two betas watched in amusement then bowed when Xiumin got nearer to them.

“Xiumin here and this is my mate Oh Sehun.” One of the betas nodded and crossed their names off while Sehun shook his head. “I’M NOT HIS MATE!!”

The betas ignored him then nodded towards the exit and Xiumin walked out looking for his moms who should still be there.

He grimaced as he saw them in the distance sharing pepero, he didn't know whether to walk towards them or not but thankfully that decision was made for him when his mom pulled away smiling then noticed them and her eyes lit up, waving them over.

“Is this your mate?” Xiumin nodded and both his mothers bowed, Sehun bowed as well but only because it would be extremely disrespectful if he didn't.

“I’m Taeyeon and this is my wife Tiffany may I ask what’s your name?”

Sehun's eyes widened as he took this information in, no one really knew their names except the elders who had grown up with them, so their parents. Their names were usually long forgotten since parents only taught their children to refer to them as head alpha and head omega respectively.

“S-Sehun.” He cursed as his lisp came in full force and his face flushed red when Tiffany pinched his cheeks, cooing at how cute he was.

“He’s wonderful Xiumin!”

“He’ll make good babies.” Taeyeon mused and Sehun nearly fainted until he felt a hand grabs his own and squeeze it reassuringly.

“Now now mother just because he’s my mate doesn't mean we’re going straight into making babies.

She whined and hugged her wife. “Why not?”

“Because he doesn't go into heat until next month and besides we want time to get to know each other right?”

Sehun nodded, inwardly admitting defeat as he had no other choices. He couldn't just slap him and walk off in front of the head alpha and omega so he sighed and reminded himself to slap this annoyingly persistent alpha later.