I Like Me Better

Alpha's Orders [Editing]

Ha yeah....second day and I already broke my promise /goshdarnit/ but I shall upload twice tomorrow to make up for it. As always I hope you guys like this chapter~~ 

P.S. My dad got a new keyboard for the computer I use and its so cool :" it makes me want to write forever and forever on it so um yeah XD look forward to that I guess?? <3 Also try and guess who Yongguk's mate is XDDD


~~ I like me better when I'm with you ~~

Once he was up he was taken aback by the other alpha embracing him so strongly, it didn’t help the other was five inches taller therefore literally engulfing his frame. He had a bit more muscle than Yongguk but it was like this alpha had just taken all the strength from him.

When said alpha finally pulled back he ruffled Xiumin’s hair, some gasped at seeing such a gesture towards their future leader but Xiumin smiled.

Looking behind him to talk to Baekhyun he sighed as he saw the delta fussing over Daehyun for whatever trivial matter, when Daehyun even got up onto the platform he had no idea. Deciding it wasn’t worth it he turned back to the crowd, an even bigger smile bloomed on his face as he saw some old friends catching up, for the most part their packs seemed to be adjusting well to each other already. Glancing to his side he saw Yongguk’s infamous gummy smile as he looked at the crowd as well.

He blinked and once again it took him by surprise, sighing again when he saw his mothers poking and prodding Yongguk. Looking at the crowd that was busy reminiscing he choose to help Yongguk who now looked like he was ready to run away. Walking to them he gently pushed away his mothers hands, ignoring their whines and protests, mainly just consisting of them asking if they weren’t allowed to worry over his friends anymore. Xiumin couldn’t but snort and mutter under his breath.

“Not if they’re uncomfortable.”

“Sorry come again.” His mother rose a brow. “You know what I said mother.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes and used there bickering to her advantage as he advanced on Yongguk again who seemed to be much more relaxed now that it was just her.

“Have you been okay? You’ve been eating right? Oh you look so thin, oh dear you aren’t eating are you.” She talked so fast he couldn’t even get a word in edgewise. “Child I’m gonna….” She trailed and glanced at Yongnam before gasping loudly. “Oh lord it’s the both of you. WHY ARE YOU BOTH SO SKINNY??”

Yongguk was alarmed when he swore he saw real tears gathering in her eyes before she sighed then it was replaced with a smile.

“Aww you’re the same age as my bundle of joy! Are you mated??” Her gaze turned sly and Yongguk coughed shyly his gaze filtering down.

Tiffany followed it and saw a tall young man with black hair talking animatedly with someone just a bit shorter than him. He was looking around at the crowd and every time he did so he blinked quickly and Tiffany internally cooed at how endearing it seemed.

Before she could ask Yongguk about him Xiumin quickly broke them then directed both him and Yongguk to the front and they both worked to get the crowd back in order.

When everyone had settled down Xiumin continued where he had left off.

“Like I was saying, there’s something else I wish to discuss with you all. Since the truth has been revealed it has been brought to our attention that, if possible, we could reunite with the other half of our pack. If that’s alright with you all? I know some of you lost very important figures in your life whether that be mentors, friends, love interests, so on and so forth.”

He smiled and looked towards Yongguk again who nodded and carefully added in.

“It would be wise to think about seeing as of now…..you all don’t have gammas to rely on.”

This set another wave of murmurs amongst the crowd, Yongguk couldn’t help himself and looked to his beloved who was still talking to their friend, feeling his gaze he turned then smiled at the elder. Xiumin looked at them then away before doing a double take. Last time he was with Yongguk, which granted was more than three years ago but still, he had said he was focused solely on his training and nothing or nobody could change that.

Well seemed like somebody had changed that.

Yongguk turned and saw Xiumin staring and let out a sheepish smile, one that promised explanations later, he rolled his eyes but still smiled when he was pulled into a side hug. From the corner of his eye he could see his mother listening to everyone intently, a concentrated look on her face as she took in everyone’s concerns or pleads to be united again. He didn’t take much mind of it and just let her work knowing she would brief him later.

Now that most of the hard work was over with Xiumin finally let himself think about Sehun. A weight off his shoulders was definitely lifted knowing he punished two of the three awaiting gammas and knowing his pack still accepted him. However his heart was still heavy and there were two remaining weights, the still waiting judgment gamma he would have to talk to after this and Sehun’s upcoming heat.

He knew it wasn’t something they could avoid but he had forgotten it would come so soon. He probably wouldn’t have found it a problem but he knew about Sehun’s circumstances.

He didn’t want to hurt or scare him away. He knew the omega trusted him and was in the process of opening up but he also knew the other had no good experiences with alphas that weren’t Kai.

Even back at the house when Sehun had told him, he knew it took a lot in him to actually tell the alpha and he also saw the fear in his eyes. He wanted to help him, he wanted so badly to help his omega not wanting to see him in pain but he also didn’t know how to do that. They weren’t marked yet so it would be slightly easier, if Xiumin had marked him his body would be waiting for his mate to satiate him, but even so he had spent a remarkable amount of time with Xiumin. So much so they started smelling like each other. Xiumin had even started scent marking Sehun on purpose. The omega of his own accord, or maybe more appropriate his body, would still expect something from him. He let out a deep sigh knowing no matter what he was stuck.

If he didn’t help Sehun through his heat he would have to watch his mate suffer in pain for five to seven days until it passed.

If he tried to help, Sehun might have a panic attack and mistake him for one of his abusers.

Neither of them seemed like the right answer, it was like he was stuck in a maze with no exit.

He let out a deep sigh and Yongguk who still holding him lost his smile as he looked worried for his friend, shaking him gently to try and get his attention.

“Hmm?” Yongguk shook once more and Xiumin finally looked his way.

“You okay?” A frown take place on his face as the other alpha just let out another sigh. “I didn’t know someone could sigh so much. I thought you would be happy for….our packs….” He trailed off not sure what was bothering him.

He could tell he missed the mark completely as the other’s eyes widened comically and he started shaking his head and hands.

“No no no. No. It’s not that….just….other stuff.”

He nodded and hugged him tight. “Tell me after?” He whispered in his ear and Xiumin stood still before his gaze drifted down to the mystery boy and he shrugged.

“Only if you talk about you-know-who.”

Yongguk chuckled and Xiumin could feel him nodding his head.

Their moment was broken when his mother gently took his arm, turning towards her she smiled and looked at the crowd, following her gaze he smiled as he saw positivity radiating from mostly everyone, a stark contrast to how bleak and incensed it had been before. He couldn’t stop himself as he leaned his head on his mother’s shoulder. He felt her body tense before it relaxed. He knew the reason why.

He rarely affection to his mother, all his care and adoration shown to his mom.

Of course he still loved his mother but as a child they had taken on roles, his mother was a bit cold and had help him trained, readied him to take over his spot, while his mom was warm, gentle, and kind. Cleaning and patching up his cuts that he received from practice.

He felt his mom smile as she leaned more towards him and he sighed again, but his time in happiness, even if she was cold sometimes he could feel her love for him rolling off her in waves.

She stayed silent for a moment just enjoying the peace between them before she gently broke it. “I listened to mostly everyone. They all seem excited at the prospect of being united again. I think what they’re really worrying about is the housing situation. Since we moved and there’s not as much space as before. When the gammas get here we’re going to have to discuss on whether they want to find a new territory or expand this one.”

He nodded, seemed simple enough to take care of, with everything else he had stressing him out that was like a piece of cake.

“I’ll have to ask Yongguk when precisely he thinks his gammas will come.”

She nodded then gestured him forward. For what seemed like the hundredth time that day they got the crowd settled down.

Yongguk and Xiumin’s straight faces were on and everyone was tense waiting for their decision. Inwardly Xiumin was chuckling, was really even a surprise what his answer would be?

his lips he addressed them after sharing one more look with Yongguk. “After careful deliberation and your input we’ve decided……….to reunite.”

Loud cheers were heard, from both packs. Yongguk’s gummy smile had come back as he butted in teasingly. “Don’t celebrate too much our elders aren’t here yet.” Numerous groans could be heard and he chuckled at that.

Since both matters seemed to be resolved they all stepped off the platform. Baekhyun dragging Daehyun along as he connected himself to Xiumin again who was with Yongguk. The four exchanged pleasantries before Yongguk finally asked.

“What was happening before we came?”

“Daehyun didn’t tell you?” Baekhyun turned to his mate who shrugged.

“You guys seemed to be in rush…..I figured just telling hyung to drag his here would suffice then we could explain everything later.”

Baekhyun gasped playfully. “How crude.” Daehyun snorted.

“Right cause you’re any better.”

Baekhyun shrugged and picked at his nails. “I have my moments.” Daehyun pursed his lips but didn’t dare say anything else.

Both Yongguk and Xiumin shook their heads at their behavior before redirecting themselves on topic, before Xiumin could answer him however Baekhyun cut in.

“MinMin lost his cool….he went….SAVAGE.”

Daehyun started laughing hysterically along with his lover until it was silenced by Xiumin’s glare.

“Thanks Baek….what would I do without you?”

Baekhyun batted his lashes dramatically and blew a kiss. “I gotchu boo.”

In the end Xiumin ended up being the one explaining everything to Yongguk who listened intently. He even told the elder about his mate.

“I see…not an easy position to be in.” Yongguk frowned and Xiumin felt bad seeing the lines on his face deepen but it had become a habit. He loved Baekhyun but they both knew he wasn’t really made to input his thoughts into matters like this which is why he trusted and confided in Yongguk who in turn did the same. “I don’t….lord…even I don’t how to go about this. Your best bet would be to gauge his reactions to what you do.”

Xiumin nodded, his heart felt just a tad bit lighter sharing his worry about at least knowing even Yongguk was stumped told him that he really was in a precarious position. It was like the ball was teetering on being in and out of Xiumin’s court.

“Anyway Guk…..tell me about your mate.”

He smirked when he saw the other alpha flush deeply.