Couple Race

My only one

" I am really impressed!" You praised as soon as you saw Sehun. Sehun smiled, "Woah... I can't believe that I hear that from your mouth. It's the first time that you are complimenting me."

You laughed, "But it's really great! If only I can dance like you."

"I can teach you if you are interested!" Sehun replied. "Really?" You brighten up."

Sehun beamed and nodded, 'Whenever you want to learn, you can come a look for me."

"Omo, couple race!" Sehun heard a couple shouted. He smirked and looked at you, "Hana, Let's go play some games together!" He dragged you along with him before you could even reply. "Yah, Sehun ah." You stumbled as he pulled you along to the field.

"Any more contestants ?" The Student leader asked with his microphone.

 

"We are joining!" Sehun squeezed through the crowd. The students started to cheer and some girls squealed as they saw Sehun.

"Sehun ah.. I don't think we should participate. " You whispered. Sehun curled the corner of his lips upward, "Because we are not a couple?"

You bit your lips as he continued, "It's just a game." He winked and took your hands, bring you towards the centre of the field.

"Oh, hello hana!" Jimin waved at you and you met your eyes with her, and gave her a smile *What is this they are participating too? * you uncomfortably shifted your gazed towards myungsoo who was standing to next.

"Oppa." You tried to give him your brightest smile.  He has been weird since morning and you felt as if there is a huge wall built up between the both of you. You didn't really like it. *What happened to him?* You thought.

"Yah, I won't lose to you this time." Myungsoo coolly said with an expressionless face and began to focus on the game rules.

"Psshh.." You made a face.

"First, the male student will have to carry the female students on their back and ran towards the next station. Next, the female students will have to inflate the balloon and pop it together. Then, it will be the three-legged race.  You will have to use a piece of scarf and tie on the adjacent legs together and move towards the final station. At the final station, each team will have to hold a orange with the sides of their heads and run through the obstacle course towards the finishing line." The student leader explained.

"Fighting. We will win the race." Sehun  said confidently. "Fighting! " you replied

As soon as the gun goes off, the students started to cheer as the girls hopped onto their boyfriend's back.

"Sehun, are you okay? I am heavy." You asked. Sehun smiled and shook his head, "No. you are light, my dear." He ran towards the next station with his faster speed.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo's team were on the lane next to you. He was on par with your team.

You could hear Jimin cheering for him as he ran with his faster speed. You didn't want to lose as well, "Sehun, is almost there! You can do it!" You cheered.

The students cheer louder as you were the first team to arrive at the next station. "Oh yeah!" You pumped your fist with Sehun and quickly inflated the balloon.

At this moment, the other team caught up with you as the both of you were having trouble popping the balloon. As soon as the both of you succeeded, Sehun bended down and tied the scarf on your legs. Your team were at the third place now while Myungsoo's is at the second place.

You glanced at myungsoo as he wrapped his arms around Jimin as they did the three-legged race.  You looked away and can't help but feel uncomfortable seeing that they were close to each other.

"Are you ready?" Sehun asked trying to get your attention as he knew that you were loking at myungsoo. "Uh.. yes." You gave him a smile," Let's speed up and get the first place!"

With that, Sehun lightly pulled your closer to him and the both of you headed towards the next station. Some of the couples lost their balance and fell onto the ground . At this time, your team were on the second place with myungsoo's team leading.

At the final station, Sehun bend his knees a little as you tried to secure the orange between the side of the heads. The both of you made the last sprint at the final course to catch up with myungsoo's team. Both team were neck to neck while heading towards the finishing line. You could hear that the crowd cheered louder.

Soon, Myungsoo's team hit the finishing line first and Sehun and you were one second behind.

"We won!!!" Jimin jumped with joy and hugged Myungsoo.

 "Aish..  I can't believe I lose to her " you muttered under your breath. Sehun squeezed your hands, 'It's okay. It's just a game. We enjoyed they game, didn't we?"

It's true, indeed you enjoyed the game with Sehun. You smiled and nodded, "Yeah. It's fun."

The student leader announced the final winner and thanks the rest of the team for participating.

"Wow, you two really look good together during the game." Seulgi came to you. "Yah, Seulgi!" You nudged her arms as Sehun added, " I think so too, didn't we?"

" I am thirsty. Let's go get a drink." You laughed trying to change the topic . You knew that Sehun was really nice to you and you didn't want to hurt him by replying him.

You were at the vending machine and Jimin came over to you alone. "Thank You." Jimin said.

"Uh?" You looked at her, confused. "I had a great time with myungsoo during the game and thanks to you, we won a pair of movie ticket." Jimin continued trying to show off to you.

You didn't like the way she talks to you, "Jimin ah... You don't have to thank me. You didn't won because of me."

Jimin curled a strand of her hair behind her ears, "The reason that I am myungsoo's girlfriend is because of you. If you were to confess to him before me, I might not even have a chance to be with him and play games with him like today."

*She knew that I like myungsoo. Why is she being like this.* You didn't like the vibe coming from her. It seems like she wasn't the Jimin that you knew before. 

Without a word, you stepped away but she held your wrist, " After this race, the whole school should be aware that I am dating Myungsoo and you are dating Sehun.  So I would appreciate  if you could step out of Myungsoo's life "

You froze after hearing what she said. *Step out of his life?*

"Myungsoo has been cold toward me  these few days because of you. I could see that he care for you more than me. Thus, I hope that you could just get out of his life." Jimin added.

"YAH, Park Jimin. What does it has to do with Hana?" Sehun stepped out from the back. "Sehun ah.." you grabbed his wrist as he glared at Jimin angrily, " you are the problem that myungsoo treated you coldly. It has nothing to do with Hana. Please look at yourself first before hurting other people."

With that, he held your hands and left the place. Jimin stood there as she watched the both of you leave,  "Oh please, I am way better than Hana. My relationship with myungsoo will be even better without her interfering" 

---------------

"Are you alright?"Sehun softly search for your eyes. "I can't believe she ask me to step out of his life. " You said with tears in your eyes, "Who does she thinks she is? Even though she is now myungsoo's girlfriend, but how can she say this kind of things to me?"

"So what if she is his girlfriend. You are his friend for more than 7 years. Just ignore what she said, don't take it too seriously." Sehun then continued, "Aish... I can't believe myungsoo will like her. She is such a b*tch"

 

.