Race

My only one

The night was cold with a brisk wind sweeping across the land. Sehun placed his coat around your shoulder as he walked you home, "It's rather cold tonight. Keep yourself warm."

"Thank you." You warmly smile and he smiles back at you. It was the first time walking home with someone other than Myungsoo. You find it weird but you don't hate it too.

The journey was quiet and yet comfortable. Sehun gazed at your side view and finally broke the silent, "That myungsoo..." He paused for awhile as you waited for him to continue, " What makes you love him so much?"

You were surprised by his question and recalled the moment that you were with him,  "He takes good care of me, understand me and is always there when I need him. I like the way he look at me and he never fails to make me smile whenever I see him. He is soft-hearted, wishy-washy and slow at seeing certain things(just like my feeling towards him)."

"But why would you want to know that?" You asked.

Sehun kicked a pebble with his feet, "Hmmm.. nothing much. Just want to know how strong my competitor is."

"Eh?" You raised your eyebrow, "He is pretty strong right?" You giggled.

He laughed, "I don't think so. I think I am so much better than him."

You made a face, "Are you praising yourself?"

"As times goes on, you will find that I am so better." He smiled confidently.

-------------------------

 

The sun shone brilliantly and the water in the pond glittered invitingly. It's a saturday morning and you were jogging in the park near your house.

*The weather is awesome today!* You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Jogging is one of your favorite things to do as it clear your mind and opens up opportunities to see different scenes and portraits.

You saw an elderly couple holding their hands and strolling in the park happily. *How sweet of them* You unknowingly smile as you sat on the bench to take a break.

Someone held a bottle of water infront of you as you knew it was myungsoo. You sofly gazed at him as he sat down quietly beside you, "You always know where to find me." You softly said.

"It's obvious that you will be here. You came here every Saturday." Myungsoo pointed out.

"Yeah.. true." You replied and there was an awkward silence.

 

 It's the first time that you felt this way with myungsoo as the both of you would always have things to talk about.

"Where did you go after the movie yesterday? You wasn't there when the movie ends." You tried to break the awkwardness. 

Myungsoo seems to notice it too, "I sent her home after that. " and continued, "How about you?"

You answered, "We just went out for dinner."

"So person that you wanted to confess to is Sehun?" He asked coldly.

You were taken aback by his question," It wasn't!" You denied, "We were just friends."

"I hope he is not playing around with you." Myungsoo leaned his back on the bench and looked away.

"Why? Are you jealous?" You poke his cheeks to irritate him. "Why should I be jealous? I am just worried that he will hurt you." Myungsoo snapped.

"I feel that you are the one that hurt me even more." you muttered under your breath.

'What did you say?" Myungsoo didn't hear that clearly. "Nothing." you beamed and tried to change the topic, "Oppa, let's go for a run together! The weather is nice today and we should make use of it" Grabbing his wrist, you pulled him up with the bench as a slow smile spread his thin lips, "Let's see who reach the end of the bridge. The loser will have to give a winner a treat." With that he ran off.

"YAH, Oppa! You cheater!" You chased after him as you tried to grab the end of his shirt.  * This is how we should be* You thought as you started to sprint.

"You are so slow, Hana!" Myungsoo turned to face you as he shouted to ask you to catch up.

Laughing, he stopped and waited for you until you caught up with him. "YAH, you bully!" You made a first.

"Let's play this fairly. You will start running first and I will start 10 seconds after you." myungsoo suggested.

"10 Seconds is not enough! 20 seconds." you proposed. "Alright, 20 seconds! And the loser one have to treat." Myungoo said confidently.

"Deal!" You didn't back down and looked at him confidently before you started to sprint off again.

Finally, you reached the end of the bridge and myungsoo was a stepped behind you. Panting, you jumped for joy, "I finally won! "

"That's because you have that additional 20 seconds!" Myungsoo snapped. "But you agreed to that 20 seconds, isn't it? So you have to treat" you stuck our your tongue at him as he pinched your nose playfully, "I will"

You then hugged his arm, " Let's have tonkatsu then!" Myungsoo gave you a weird look, "What? Tonkatsu in the morning?!"

"I have been craving for that ! " You nodded and continued, " You don't have a choice since you lost."

"Fine! You better watch out for the next race. I will make sure that I will win you." Myungsoo warned.