3.0

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m going to the backyard pa!” I shouted at the back door.

“Okay! Don’t stay up to late dear!” Papa replied.

I took my guitar and sit on the grass. I look up to the sky and start to count the stars. Mama and I used to count stars when we’re in Busan. Mama said there are many stars in the sky that we don’t know. That’s how life works. There are many chances and challenges that we have to face although we don’t know about it.

“Mama! I miss you!” I said to myself.

I hold my guitar and strum the strings. I played “I Miss You” by Girls day.

“sasireun neomu bogo sipeo

Bogo sipeo nega

Ne eokkae gidae ulgo sipeo

Ulgo sipeo nega

Chamaboryeo aesseo utjanha

Ajikdo heundeulligo itjanha

Jebal jalhae juji ma

Deoneun naega jalhae juji ma”

I cried. Once again I cried. Mama! Why! Why you left me! Mama! I miss you! I really miss you! I need you ma! I need you! I sobbed hardly. My shoulders move up and down. Yes, I miss my mom! I need her! I need her in my life. I always act like I’m strong but I don’t ma! I don’t! I always wanted to say I love you! But I can’t!

I feel someone pat my back. “Jeena, cry. Continue crying. Don’t hold it. You can cry” Jimin said and he sits beside me. I continue to cry. “Mama, jimin. Mama! I miss her so much! I really miss her. What should I do?! She left me without a word Jimin. She left me!” I cried, I sobbed. I just can’t stop. Jimin continue to pat my back.

“You know, crying doesn’t solve any problem. But, it can comfort you. You can continue crying. I can lend you my shoulder. $1 per minute. Deal?”

I smiled. I pushed Jimin far from me. “Don’t you dare to sit near me!” I laughed.

“Okay, okay crying girl! It’s cold now. I think you better go inside” Jimin said.

I nodded.

“umm, Jimin-sii?”  I called him

“Yes? No need to be formal with all of us. It’s awkward. You can call me Jimin oppa or just Jimin. I don’t care. And if you wanna say thank you. No need!” Jimin replied.

“Who said I want to say thank you? I just want you promise me never tell anyone that I cried just now” I laughed.

“Jeena! How dare you!” Jimin laughed and act like he wanted to chase me.

“Okay, thanks Chimen oppa! Bye!”

“Yeah! Crying baby! Good Night!” jimin said. I take my guitar and go into the house. Jimin is right. It’s not wrong to cry.

 

***

 

JIMIN POV:

“hyung, where is the rubbish?” I asked. I really hate scissor-stone-paper games. I will always lose in this kind of games.

“Backyard Chim!” Namjoon hyung replied.

“Be careful Jimin, it might be a ghost there” Taehyung said. He always acts like this but even though he’s a little bit like a half-mental patient, he’s my one and only best friend!

“Yaa! You shut up Taehyung ahh!” I screamed!

I walked towards the rubbish bin.

“Bogo sipeo nega, Ne eokkae gidae ulgo sipeo”

Who sing that song? Her voice is soft, and she feels it when she sings. I walked toward the fence and I saw a girl figure with guitar. I tried to remember where I saw this figure… Jeena! She… sings! Her voice is sweet and nice. Her vocal is good and her pitch is perfect. Jeena can sing! And her soul… the song is soulful.

 

But, why she cried? She’s beautiful and her voice is beautiful. Why did she cry? She’s different now. Not the at-the-canteen Jeena. This Jeena is fragile and she cried. Why? She looked tough and a strong girl, but why did she cry when she sing?

Without hesitation, I walked towards Jeena. I don’t know. I feel like I want to protect her. She’s fragile. Yes, she’s strong on the outside but she weak inside. I patted her back. I cannot see her crying. My heart feels aches. Why this girl give a huge impact on my feeling. I cannot stand to see her cry. I just can’t!

““Mama, jimin. Mama! I miss her so much! I really miss her. What should I do?! She left me without a word Jimin. She left me!” she said.

Oh poor little girl. What happened to her actually? Maybe she really closed to her mother. Maybe she still cannot adapt her life without her mother. She’s just like Jungkook. Jungkook lives with his mother without a father. Almost a year. Just like her. But Jungkook still have me and the other. But Jeena? I feel sympathy. But Jungkook move on because of something. Maybe Jeena needs one too. We’ll find something for you Jeena!

“Okay, thanks Chimen oppa! Bye!” she said while smiling. She’s okay now. I hope tomorrow will be better for you, Jeena!

I walked into the house and sighed heavily.

“Jimin-ahh, where is the rubbish bin?” Hoseok hyung asked. I tried to remember back… ahh I forgot!

 

***

Papa went out early this morning.  He said he had an emergency call. So I need to do all the laundry before I go to school. Not only that, I need to prepare for lunch and dinner. This is the worst part being a daughter!

I finished all the chores and I observe myself before I go to school. Over-size white shirt and red short with blue converse. Nice! In my room, there are no heels, make-up except for gloss and dress except for my mom’s dress. So, I’m just a simple girl, with a simple fashion. That’s it.

I walked to school and put my head phone. I hum with the melody hoping today will be a great day!

Suddenly, a black car stopped by the road.

“Jeena-ahh, want a ride?” Taehyung said while waving at me.

“No thanks!” I shouted. Yoongi showed thumb up sign which I think “okay”

Oh, I never ride with them! I promise!

Yesterday, I just put my food and not even sit there. And someone mad at me! So you think I will have a ride with them? Oh no! No! Never!

 

 

***

 

In front of the gate, I stood like yesterday, encouraging myself again. Suddenly I felt someone tapping my back. Not them again right?

 

“Jeena-ahh, let’s go to the library! I want to send the book that I borrowed” Heyni said. I sigh relieved. Thanks God it’s not Bangtan Sonyeondan!

 

“Why Jeena? Is that something wrong? Or you want to go directly to the class?” Seunghi asked me.

“Ahh No! No! Nothing! I’m okay. Come on!”

The three of us walked together to the library. Before that, we stop at Heyni’s locker. Suddenly, a-blond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter