Conspiracy

Weddings & CO

She was devastated. So devastated that no words were to be found. Silence was the only remedy we could offer. She was in that posttraumatic phase

when her brain couldn’t do nothing but try to process what exactly happened that same evening. It was just circumstances that led her allow us be around, if it was up to her she would’ve locked herself away from us until she would have completely recover before coming back to whom she aims to be as nothing had never ever happened. It was already quite overwhelming to have us around taking care of her clothes, bathing her, washing her hair, drying it. She probably hated it deep down but didn’t have the strength to debate because she was already busy with her own demons. Thus, the only thing we could offer her was silence.  

- I brought you some clothes from my place since I was the closest. You can dress up and come with us…we’ll leave you at the studio if you want to stay alone, you don’t have to stay here… spoke gently Sunny.

- Ok…she mumbled.

- We…we’ll wait for you outside… I dared to add taking Sue by her hand and left towards the living room where the men were sitting discussing what seemed to be heavy things as they immediately switched off. Awkward. Sue and Sunny walked towards the couch I had to stop on my track as no one else than Hyukkie was giving me a call.

- Hey…

- Hey…I heard him whisper.  Worrisome. His voice was terribly filled with it. I felt a slight pain within my chest. – I…I’m sorry I couldn’t answer earlier it’s just-

- Don’t worry…

- I just wanted to make sure you were ok…I can’t stay long on the phone…you were quite troubled when I dropped you home so…Are you…are you ok?

-  …I’m fine…don’t worry…that’s not why I called you…

- Oh…oh…why…then?

- Hyukkie… I…I know about Mino…this is why I was calling…I was worried for Hana and-

- What happened to Hana? Where is she? Gongju what do you know exactly?  He asked me very impatient and I frowned. He seemed to be really stressed.

- She’s fine…we found her now…she’s fine…

- Where was she??

- I promise she’s fine now, I mean…I guess she’s fine…I don’t know exactly where she was but she’s fine…I thought for a second that Mino might know something about her so that’s why I reached you…I know you guys are covering for him…

- What ? cov- how...I mean...yes I see…

- Long story…I know you’re helping him and that’s what a loyal friend should do…but…Hyukkie you have to make him come back…he’s gonna ruin his life, and his family…

- I…I know…I’m doing my best…I have to go now but seriously if you have any more info on what happened with Hana please tell me… ok? It might be really helpful...

- Yes I will…you…you take care ok? I asked frowning as he nodded before hanging up on the phone.

- What’s going on? Asked me Sue as I was looking at my phone with that troubled face.

- They…they don’t know

- What? asked Sunny worried now. 

- Hyukkie…he actually doesn’t know where Mino is…none of them does… I said as realization hit me while they all widened their eyes.

- He told you that? Spoke Chang-wook.

- No…he didn’t I just figured

- It does make sense…what you said earlier was right…spoke Sunny looking at Ji and Ki. – True friends would never help him run away, especially not when you’re father in law is a ruthless politician…

- That’s why none of them was answering, the fact that “they don’t know” is what they’re trying to cover up…added Sue to what Wooky lost patience and stood up to walk in circles sighing in disbelief.

- God…Mino what the did you do…

- Calm down Wooky we’re going to find him I promise you… man just calm the down…spoke Ji.

- I’ll give a call to my men no need to track his friends down they’re useless…added Ki already making a phone call.

- I’ll do the same for the CP…added Jin referring to the chaebol police. So did Ji who dialed a number. I looked at three of them actively working on theirs friend’s problem and had this slight feeling of discomfort again. They’re human too I secretly thought when I jumped out of surprise at a loud noise coming from Wooky’s side. He had just thrown a glass at the wall out of anger. Sunny and I exchanged a look while his friends did the same. Sunny and I mostly because we were in shock, his friends because they knew him and knew he needed to be left out, except that another person didn’t seem to hear  it this way.

- What the hell…Oppa sit the down… You really think that poor glass has anything to do about it? Spoke Sue in complete natural way as she had witnessed a similar scene a thousand times when I could hardly believe Wooky Oppa capable of any act of violence even towards a glass.

- Don’t be stupid I’m just releasing my anger…

- Yeah well that’s my point, DON’T! You can do it once you find him back because guess what we’re gonna find him you hear me? We are going to find him then you can throw all the glasses you want but please make sure none of us is there, and most important make sure you’re at your own place. Don’t act like it was a quarter to 9 in the morning. Don’t act hopeless that’s the worst thing that you can do right now. DON’T give up… Because…we…we’re going to find him…she finished more calmly that she began and it seemed that he did too as he slowly walked towards the couch and hid his face between his hands before taking a deep breath.

- You’re right…I know you’re right…

- Here…she said handing him a glass of water. That’s for you to drink it…ok…not to throw it…she said as he let a small laugh in disbelief.

Disbelief. That’s what we all suffered of after witnessing Sue handling Wooky until another disturbing scene at the opposite of the room took place.

- What’s going on here…find who? . How long has she been standing there? Nobody dared to answer.

- Hana-ya…failed to start Sue.

- It’s Mino isn’t it? He…he’s gone…she spoke for herself, as our expressions were enough for her to figure out the truth.

- We’re currently working on it you don’t have-

- I know where he is…she spoke confidently cutting her boss’s words. Wooky’s eyes immediately lit up.

- What…asked Wooky almost about to loose it.

- Man you said she had no idea…Spoke Ji-hoon looking at Jin.

- I didn’t leave her on second since the wedding…I’m positive he didn’t communicate with her…defended the latter.

- I don’t know it because he told me; I know it because I know him…I know where he’s hiding…

- Jeju? We’ve sent someone there and we’re sure his friends are there too…stated Ki-wong.

- And from what doctor dovey said they didn’t find him yet…added Ji-hoon as I glared at him.

- Busan. He’s in Busan…she spoke confidently.

- Why…I…it…it doesn’t make any sense… mumbled Wooky.

- It can’t make sense to you. Trust me. He’s there. She assured and once again the confidence she was holding did convince us.

- Ok…Then let me make a call…spoke Ji as Ki and Jin followed. Somehow it didn’t feel right.

- Stop it…I begged as everyone looked at me.

- Hana-ya, you’re 100% sure he’s there and nowhere else?

- I’m sure.

- You guys had absolutely no idea of Busan before Hana actually mentioned it, right?

- No…no…we didn’t… spoke Wooky not understanding my words.

- Kitty what’s your point we’re loosing time here…spoke the manwhore and I rolled my eyes.

- My point is…no one else than the eight of us here should know about it

- We need to bring him back before his father in law finds out…tried to start Jin-hyuk before I cut him.

- Oppa…he already knows…I’m sure…No I’m positive he already knows that Mino’s missing…

- That’s impossible-

- Don’t tell me they called in the C.P…spoke Hana sounding more like her usual self and cutting Wooky’s words.

- They did…

- God…she said rolling her eyes walking towards the couch.

- What…why…what’s wrong with that? Asked Wooky loosing patience.

- Do you know where the C.P comes from? I asked them slightly surprised at their actions as I thought they knew what they were doing before. Clearly I was wrong. They had no idea.

-  Who cares…there were born at the same time as Chaebol companies did… they’re here to serve us, we pay them a lot of money to deal with our business before the press and the real police gets involved…that’s all we know and that’s all we need to know…answered me Ji-hoon as his friends nodded. They could be really naïve.

- And can you remind me when were the chaebol born? Asked this time Hana with that sarcastic tone of her. She could be really scornful.

- What the hell man…I don’t even know why we’re discussing this we should-

- In the 60’s…answered Jin sensing something, this cutting Ji’s words. -  Hana, what’s your point?

- Which political party was ruling in the 60’s? I asked this time.

- Yah yah yah …why are we having a political science class here... the DRP was ruling back them, Park Chung Hee was the ruler, a dictator…so what…how is this even rele- tried to speak Ji before Hana cut his words this time.

- Park Chung hee is the one who created the C.P. He wanted to keep an eye close on the chaebol families, back then mostly Samsung, Hyunday and LG, he put them so that he could keep a track on all their activities and made sure these newly powerful families won’t betray their political support to him…he made them believe the C.P was there to serve them and protect them but the first and ultimate goal is to serve the Democratic Republican Party…

- So what…I’m not sure to follow…isn’t that political party dead since the late 80’s? Spoke this time Ki-wong.

- DRP never died never will as long as the chaebol are alive…they just changed their name…it became the Grand National party and then the Saenury Party…explained Jin-hyuk now aware of the situation.

- And who’s the Saenury spokesperson? Asked this time Hon’.

- Park Dae Chul is the Saenury…C.P is the Saenury…Shinni’s father…Park Dae Chul… is the C.P …I explained as they all widened their eyes.

(...)

- How…how come I never thought about it…spoke Jin.

 

- What the …we’ve been fooled by these moles all that time? Added Ji with that angry face of his that I started to know now.

 

- So…it’s…it’s too late…my brother is already ruined for the rest of his life…

 

- No no no! That’s not what she said…guys in what world you’re living? Are you seriously chaebols? Because if I didn’t know you better I’d seriously doubt it right now… spoke Sue.

 

- The problem is not the fact that he knows…obviously he was going to find out…too much people are involved and secrets are not very well kept especially in the world we live in.. but I guess you know that already… the problem is who finds him first…we have to…if he doesn’t find him first, if the CP doesn’t find him first it would be like none of this never happened…he’ll never confront him…or your family…gently explained Sunny as I nodded.

 

- How can you be sure of that? Asked Wooky.

 

- Because that’s the number one rule. Don’t mention what you can’t prove. Also because our kind is the most hypocrite on earth and Park Dae Chul is certainly not an exception to the rule… explained Sue.

 

- It does make sense… mumbled Jin with that grave face as he was almost blaming himself for contacting the C.P. So was Ji, and Ki. They seemed to be quite overwhelmed by our recent revelations and it made me wonder more about them. Who they were, how they grew, what they believed…how something who was so obvious for us the youngest and on the top of that girls… was completely not to them. Then I understood how much they were part of the system, when the system was only a part of us. It didn’t own us. We owned it.

 

- Teams…we need teams…hurried Sunny.

 

- I’ll take Hana with me, as she knows where he is. You and Sue need to go on a different direction so that you can leave behind the C.P …I answered.

 

- You think they’ll follow us…? Asked Hana.

 

- They saw us earlier coming in here, they probably thought we knew where Mino was… explained Sunny.

 

- Which is the truth now… added Sue.

 

- Ok so let’s go now we’re running out of time, you drop me at my place so that I take my car we’ll have then 7hours and 45 minutes to drive until Busan take him and bring him back straight to Incheon…

 

- Sunny and I will leave behind the C.P in Taegu. Then we’ll switch cars so that I drive back to Incheon…you guys will be tired you can drive calmly to Seoul from Taegu…suggested Sue.

 

- Ok…we have a plan, lets-

 

- Hello there … Ki tell me something…do you see me… did we turn invisible in the last five minutes because it seems that these kiddos don’t see us anymore…

 

- I see you Handsome…

 

- Thanks…how about WE go and bring him back while you go home and sleep, children should be in bed by now…spoke Ji and I felt like slapping that jerk out of him.

 

- How about you go and do yourself you-

 

- Sue! Reprimanded Sunny as I smirked. This was very well said. From Sue of course.

 

- You let her talk to me like that? Asked Ji towards his friend.

 

- Man do you really think that’s my priority right now? Answered him the latter before drifting his attention to me. – He’s right tho…I’m not letting you go by yourself and drive for more than 4hours in the middle of the night…he’s my brother, I’ll take care of it…

 

- Huh…we’ve drove for much longer and in worst conditions than that Oppa…we’re not eight or something…God what’s wrong with this macho spirit… spoke out of frustration Sunny.

 

- Oppa, I’m sorry but you ‘among’ everyone absolutely can’t go…you’re the number one target, if anything goes wrong you’ll be the first person Park dae Chul in person will come for…explained Sue.

 

- So what? I have to stay here pretending that nothing happened…

 

- Huh yes…basically…if we want to deny Mino’s missing until the last second that’s what you have to do…I added.

 

- What about us? He can’t come for us…we’re going…spoke Ki-wong.

 

- No need for that we can-

 

- Wait…I spoke cutting Sunny’s words. He’s actually right…he…they can be useful…

 

- How? By stressing us out and bringing in the C.P? Provoked Sue.

 

- Yah you- tried to speak Ji before I spoke:

 

- They’ll help us leave them behind… one car will go until Busan, the other one will stop at Taegu as planned, but we’ll add two other cars towards Ulsan and Gwangjiu…

 

- Do we really need to put all that effort in the C.P? I don’t think they’ll be more than one car following us…

 

- Huh yes we do Sunny…I was actually thinking of contacting the board to make sure they have our back … I absolutely not trust these dogs…

 

- Are you mad? You can’t waste a joker on that Gongju… we can handle it… spoke Sue.

 

- I…I’m responsible for the situation…using this card is the least I can do...

 

- Shut the hell up there’s only one responsible here that’s me, I’m not going to let you use that precious card because of me… if they come with us we can handle the cp- tried to speak Hana as I cut her words. 

 

- No no no…I’m calling the board in, you’re not the only responsible Hana we all are, we all ruined that freaking wedding, there’s no you, no me there’s us and this joker is ours and I’m using it…it’s just a question of time before I become an official member in that freaking board so I better use it now…

 

- Whaaat oh god no so you’re willing to-

 

- Not now…I glared at Sue who scoffed and decided to let that one pass.

 

- What joker are you talking about? Why do you want to request the board’s help, didn’t you say that the more people were more risky was the situation? Can we trust the board? Asked Ji clearly more than frustrated.

 

- Her grandmother rules the board. She officially doesn’t know the existence of it. Unofficially, she does and has the chance to request their help three times before she’s an official member of it. Explained Sunny. That’s the last one…

 

- I am completely lost with that board story…can someone explain me? Asked Ki.

 

- Trust me you don’t want to know. Ji is right though…how can we trust the board, didn’t you say the whole board is requested in time of crisis, it’s too risky…what if Mino being in Busan gets leaked… asked Jin-hyuk. He was really innocent.

 

- No of course not…this type of incidents are nothing to the board…only the trinity is working on that, meaning your mother, her grandmother and Ji-hoon’s mother… explained Hana to Ji-hyuk.

 

- What’s a crisis for the board then? He asked this time as his curiosity took the best of him.

 

- 1997. That’s the last time the whole board had to join forces.

 

- You’re kidding me. Are…are they that powerful...are they ? I didn't answer his question neither Hana did. - are they ??? he spoke this time panicking.

 

- Is the board more powerful than the C.P? Asked Ji this time.

 

- Yes. I answered.

 

- That’s impossible…spoke Jin-hyuk as we stood up getting ready to leave as these men were too taken by the conversation. You can’t be more powerful than the political party who’s ruling the country.

 

- The political party isn’t ruling the country. The president is. The president herself is a member of the board… explained dramatically Hana as  we all proceeded to the door. That makes the board more powerful than the C.P …

 

Lost. That’s how they look like at that exact moment. Everything they believed in was ruined in few seconds. It felt good somehow and very fulfilling to see how much impact young women like us could have on them. I just wished it had never been the case the other way around.