Dispossession

Weddings & CO

'I should’ve answered my damn phone'. That’s the only sentence that kept on playing in my head as Sue had texted me the infamous ‘RED CODE’ after I stupidly ignored her hundreds missed calls as I was sure she was trying to check up on me when she actually was desperately trying to warn me about our friend being in danger. Hana…being in danger. I felt like throwing up just by the thought of it.

- Hey…answered me Sunny with that small voice of her trying too hard to sound positive.

- I’m downstairs…

- Ok we’re coming…she told me hanging up the phone instantly. I was tapping nervously my hand on the wheel when I noticed my two left hand’s fingers turning slightly blue making me realize that I was feeling cold probably because of the fact that I left straight out of the shower and most of all out of stress. I the heater. It was heavily raining. Adding to my frustration, as the situation itself wasn’t stressful enough.

- ing damn weather…spoke Sue sitting in the passenger seat as Sunny climbed behind.

- God your hair…spoke the latter. - You’re gonna get sick…let me get a towel for you…she said already leaving towards the studio.

- Forget about it Sunny we don’t have time for that…I’m fine…so…what’s the plan…

- We thought of going back to the coex hall this is where we saw her for the last time…spoke Sue.

- This is ridiculous she can’t be there…we left that place three hours ago…

- Then do you have any other suggestions??? She’s not home, she’s not in office, she’s not in the studio…and her phone is ing off…she yelled as her worry was taking the best of her. 

- Oh my god Kim Hana… where the hell are you? I spoke out of frustration. – I don’t understand you guys were together what happened? I said starting the engine and driving towards the reception hall. No, I didn't have any other suggestions.

- Huh seriously Gongju? Do I really need to remind you what happened?

- Oh so what now this is my fault? You’re seriously blaming me?

- Why not? You think it’s mine…is that fine?  

- Guys shut the hell up, both of you. Ordered scarily yet calmly Sunny, as she seemed trying to reach someone.  she added throwing her phone to her side out of frustration. 

- Still not answering? Asked her Sue.

- No! Now he even turned off his phone…he’s dead meat I’m telling you…she threatened.

- Ok that’s fishy…that’s seriously fishy…added Sue.

- What? What are you guys talking about who’s not answering?? Tae? Why are you calling him?

- Because we want to reach Mino, I’m positive he’s the last person, who talked to Hana, and most important we…want Shinni’s number…but nobody’s answering…

- You…you don’t think that she did something to her do you? She…she wouldn’t dare… would she?

- I don’t know…I seriously don’t know…I mean…we ruined her wedding… replied me Sue and for the first time this evening I could feel a glimpse of guilt or remorse in her voice. – I promise if she laid one single finger on her I’m literally killing her, I will-

- Stop it Sue…please…we don’t know nothing…cut her Sunny. 

- Have you tried Jong? Soohyuk?

- Only Jong, his phone was off but that’s usual knowing him…I don’t have Hyukkie’s number only his American number…

- Ok let me call him…I said dialing his number using the Bluetooth so that the girls could hear him. Except that he didn’t answer as well. It rang once, twice, before he actually rejected my call. I widened my eyes as Sue and Sunny sighed in despair. We stayed silent for another 10 horrible minutes when three of us where having bad scenarios taking place within our imagination. 

- Wait a second…spoke Sunny…the golden clan…we haven’t tried anyone from them… I frowned. If she had suggested something like that in a similar situation just few weeks ago, I would've laughed or thought she was crazy. But today. It actually made sense. 

- What? That’s ridiculous-

- C’mon Sue, Wooky and Ki-clown left quite preoccupied from the studio, I’m sure you noticed it too…don’t you think it might have something to do with Hana…

- WHAT? Wooky and Ki clown came to the studio???

- Thank you Sunny… it’s a long story…and…I don’t know…he…he would’ve told me…

- the vampire…we have to try Jin-hyuk…added Sunny confidently.

- Ji-hoon called me actually…I said almost in a whisper. I didn’t answer obviously as I wasn’t in the mood to speak to anyone especially to him. Maybe I should’ve…

- What? Yelled Sunny.

- How does he have your num- ok forget that question don’t answer…you have to call him back…she ordered me.

- Why? It probably didn’t have anything to do with that and he’s the last person on earth I want to talk to…why don’t you call Wooky…

- Because we’re not in that kind of relationship…

- What is that suppose to mean? Because you think I am in that kind of relationship?

- Isn’t he your future hubby?

- GUYS! Seriously I’m about to loose it…skip the fighting and both of you call your damn men we’ll see who answers first, we need to find HANA…spoke wisely Sunny as we proceeded.

- Don't call him ... call them like that... I begged as Sue nodded wisely. I dialed Ji-hoe’s number as Sue was calling Wooky.

- Hey…I heard him say after his phone barely rang once. Sue immediately disconnected her call to focus on mine. – I called you more than 10 times…I started to worry, are you ok? He spoke out of concern and I didn’t know if had to laugh, scoff, or cry in disbelief. Worst part is that he sounded genuine but it felt nothing like an imposture to me. I hated that the girls had to witness that, and most of all I hated the look they exchanged.

- No I’m not actually, Hana-

- Don’t worry about her she’s fine, he spoke cutting my words. - That’s not the problem. She’s with Jinhyuk. I’m gonna text you his place’s address you can come and pick her, ok?

- Thank god…thank god…why is she with him? What happened to her? Is she fine? What do you mean his place? What the hell happened to her? Spoke both Sue and Sunny creating a whole noisy fuss.

- SHUT UP…I yelled.

- What the hell you put me on speaker??

- I'm driving...

- Why, did we hear something we shouldn’t? Provoked Sue.

- Is that Wooky’s brat talking?

- Who you’re calling brat you-

- Sue! Oppa…just…just send me the damn address I’m coming. I said cutting this absurd conversation drowning us into a silence that I knew both of them were absolutely keen to break.

- Something’s weird…I said out loud as I felt like I was missing something.

- Huh you think…what seriously is going on between you guys? Did we miss something beside this whole set up story?? Asked Sue and I frowned.

- I wasn’t referring to that…

- Then what? Pressed Sunny.

- God you’re not even denying it…spoke again Sue looking at her side and I ignored dialing back his number as he answered again as soon as it rang.

- You hung up on me…

- What’s the problem? I asked him dramatically.

- Excuse me ? 

- You said ‘that’s not the problem’ what did you mean by that?

- Nothing…just…just get here...He spoke and I realized how much of a bad liar he was. 

- Oppa… what’s the problem?

- It’s…its Mino…he ran away. 

 

 

- Where is she? I spoke entering dramatically in what appeared to be Jin Hyuk’s huge flat followed by both Sue and Sunny.

- People usually start by ‘hi’ Kitty…welcomed Ji-hoe and I glared at him. Funny fact is that he tried to be funny but I could feel the tension in his voice. He wasn’t being his naturel self. I stopped at the living room where Chang-wook was sitting with that dramatic face talking with some men, officials probably. The chaebol special force as we usually call them. Nobody knows them. Who they really are, but they’re always called when chaebol kids are in trouble. Ki-wong was talking on the phone behind the opened kitchen’s counter, so was Ji-hoon who had paused to open us the door and immediately went back to his conversation. We found ourselves standing in the middle of the huge living room as they were stuck in the middle of the crisis. Chang-wook Oppa after seeing us quickly dismissed the two stern men and stood to salute us.

- Hey…he said mostly looking at Sue. He was trying to sound confident but his concern was taking the best of him. – Please have a seat…he indicated us and as Sunny and I slowly proceeded quite overwhelmed by what was taking place in front of us Sue objected: - I don’t wanna have a seat, where is Hana? She insisted and Sunny and I looked at each other. That was typical of her. The more she’s anxious the more she tends to get rebellious and out of control. He took a breath.

- Baby I know you’re worried about your friend but she is fine I promise, she’ll be here in a moment… please be nice to Oppa who’s already very stressed and have a seat, ok? He gently asked and I literally, literally felt my heart melt. He’s so caring, even in trouble times and most of all I was impressed by the way he perfectly handles her. I could see it. I envyied it. And most of all I could get why she hated it. 

- Do you want some coffee tea…while waiting? He proposed and as I was about to answer I felt something white being thrown at my face hitting me hard. 'Oh'. A towel.

- You’re gonna get sick…threatened me Ji-hoe as he was on another call. How could these two persons be friends? I looked back at them and I could feel my two friends being slightly disturbed at the scene.

- Maybe some tea…Spoke Sunny clearly drifting the subject.

- Ki ? Asked Wooky as the latter glared at him.

- I’m not your maid Wooky, you’re lucky your brother is missing and...you're lucky I like dolls…he said as he had just finished his call and switching from super mad to super smile at “dolls”. Wooky looked at us quite embarrassed and added:

- I’m very lucky indeed…

- I’ll help you…spoke Sunny already standing up and obviously running away.

- Oppa…what happened? I ended up asking after a small uncomfortable silence.

- I…I’m not sure actually I’m waiting for Hana to be here and get some more info…

- So they did meet…spoke Sue for herself.

- They did…Jin Hyuk texted me briefly they did…after I found out he had disappeared she was the first person I thought of… so I contacted Jin and he told me she was with him  and not with my brother.  They met but quite briefly she left after with Jin…

- You realized he was missing at the studio right? That was the text you’ve received…asked Sue trying to sound emotionless when her concern was betraying her.

- Yes. That was Shinni.

- Where is she? I suddenly realized about her.

- She’s hiding in her hotel. They’re supposed to take the first flight tomorrow at 10:30 for New Caledonia . We have to find him before…

- Her husband is nowhere to be found and she’s hiding in her suite? Attacked Sue.

- That’s actually the best thing to do. I said as she frowned at me. – If her father finds out that his son in law ran away after the wedding…

- It’ll be a disaster…finished Chang-wook speaking as a big brother would.

- We’ll find him before… spoke Ji-hoe taking a seat at my left.

- Does your parents know?

- Only my mother…my father can’t know…he said and Sue and I looked at each other.

- What? He asked, as our look didn’t go unnoticed by him.

- The board right? They know? Asked Ji-hoe. I rolled my eyes before answering him.

- The board knows everything Oppa...

- What’s the board? What are you guys talking about?

- Oh this time you’ve been able to keep your mouth shut, I’m quite surprised…I said sipping on the cup of tea Sunny just brought me.

- I’m not scared of you; I’m scared of your grandmother…he justified and I ignored.

- Wait a second…is this why tae is not answering me? None of them is answering…

- We…we actually think they’re accomplice…spoke Chang-wook after exchanging a look with Ji-hoe as Ki-wong came and sat with us.

- WHAT? I shouted along with Sunny.

- Calm down baby doll…we’re not saying your hubby ran away, we’re just saying he helped him ran away…

- Yes well I got that thank you…my point is Tae would never help him do such a thing, this is completely irresponsible…I mean…tried to finish Sunny.

- I would…spoke Sue cutting her words. – If you would’ve asked me to run away on your wedding day because you would’ve thought it was a mistake I would’ve helped…In fact we were all ready to help…I would’ve never told you ty things such as ‘you can’t do that it’s irresponsible’…why would Jong, Hyukkie and Tae do that?

- Neither would’ve I …damn she’s right Sunny…they’re covering for him…I added. 

- What the hell is wrong with that generation? If your friend asks you to run away AFTER the wedding you slap her in the face so that she get her senses back…the running, destroying, sabotaging is BEFORE you actually get married… never, ever AFTER…

- Wouaouh your friends must be really…really lucky to have you…answered Sue sarcastically to the manwhore intervention.

- Shut up little brat…

- Yah Ji-hoon-a begged Wooky as I gave a tap (and not a girly one) to him since he was sitting at my side.

- Ouch… I must have betrayed a whole continent in my past life, my friend, his girl, and my future wife against me…he added ironically and I spilled my tea to what Sue and Sunny widened their eyes. Sunny was kind enough to hand me a tissue as I glared at him.

- Oppa don’t focus on your past life, I think you can find the answers in your present one…I corrected as his two friends fainted to restrain a laugh.

- Don’t worry Ji-hon’, I’m on your side…

- I’m not letting you drive my car Ki…

- Then you’re a ty friend…

- At least you’re being honest…

- If I’m going to be honest then I seriously agree with you, I wanted to run away on my wedding day too…thank god you guys were here to get me on the right path if you hadn’t…I would’ve done the biggest mistake of my life…

- Oppa…you’re divorced… stated Sunny innocently and this time Sue and I fainted to restrain a laugh.

- Yah…yah…Yah…being divorced is fine…running away destroys anything your ancestors built… he corrected and we all got serious again. He was damn right. We all went back to an awkward silence before the doorbell rang. Three of us looked at each other as Ji-hoon went to the door.

- What the hell is wrong with you, why would you ring at your own door-…what happened to her? I heard him said and felt like throwing up again but found the strength somehow to stand as Sue and Sunny did. We ran to the door and stopped at the vision. Wet. Both of them. Completely soaked to their bones. Jin-hyuk was caring her bridal style as she was holding her white Lana sandals by Jimmy Choo and one of them had the heel broken. Her right foot was bandaged and her knees were full of Band-Aids as for her dress…let’s not talk about her dress. It was good for the grave. The vampire had given her his jacket, which was very generous of him as he was left with his white soaked shirt slightly see-through revealing his torso. God, he was fit. How come I never noticed that…? He had thrown his shoes that were full mud. So was hers. What the hell did happened to them? 

- YAH KIM HANA…WHAT THE HELL…

- ARE YOU OK?

- WHERE WERE YOU?

- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG?

- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR KNEES?

- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR DRESS? Everyone stared at me.

- I think you can put me down…. she told him almost in a whisper visibly shocked and trying to process the vision. She probably didn’t expect us to all be there. He too much of my surprise ignored her words. And ours too as he without saying any word proceeded towards a room and slammed the door with his foot. We stood in awe.

- Where did he take her? I asked quite frustrated at the vision.

- Huh that’s his bedroom…spoke Ji-hoe and I widened my eyes.

- What the hell…-spoke Sue already leaving towards the door soon stopped by Wooky.

- Calm down…she’s fine…just give them a moment…ok…He told her and I feared the worst. Sue is officially going to loose it.

- THEM? Are you kidding me? There’s no ‘them’ and a ‘moment’, there’s ME…US…her FRIENDS…and no she’s not fine…she said her voice close to crack. – Did you see her face? She said this time talking to me. And I took a deep breath. She was right. I didn’t know exactly what happened to her but that was bad.

- Oppa is right Sue…let’s just calm down…Spoke Sunny with her soothing voice putting her arm around her shoulder and whispering few other things to her to what Sue whined a bit more before calming down. I kept on staring at that door for another minute when he finally came out closing the door behind him still with his wet clothes on and holding dry ones in his hand.

- You can come in, she’s in the bathroom, she might need your help for…for her shower…I prepared a set of new clothes for her but it would be great if you can bring hers I’m not sure she’ll be confortable in mine…feel free to use my room at your convenience I’ll be using the guest room’s bathroom you can ask the boys if you need anything Ki-wong know the house better than I do…he said going towards the room and something irked me.

- Oppa…he stopped and looked at me. – Why…why can’t we simply take her with us…I asked, as it was evident yet my tone hinted with doubts. I was full of doubts.

- Because I don't want to. He simply stated leaving me dumb on my spot as Sue scoffed hard leaving towards the bedroom slamming the door behind her as Sunny and I exchanged a worried look before she went to my bag where I had my car keys that she took.

- I’ll be back in 20 minutes…I’ll bring some clothes from my flat… take care of H- … of both of them actually…she said leaving towards the door followed soon by Ki-wong.

- I’ll come with you…he spoke as his friends frowned at him. She didn’t budge and both of them disappeared as I was left in the living room with Wooky and Ji the manwhore. I could understand, her anger. My friend was feeling bad, my friend was struggling, my friend was suffering, my friend was hurt…but he…he was the one dealing with it. I hated it.