Untold feelings

Weddings & CO

- We’re here. He simply said as he had parked the car, took off the contact and waited. – You didn’t say anything so I took you home, I’m not sure I did right but-

- It’s…fine Hyukkie, I need to talk to my grandmother anyway…I managed to say my voice still sore after the long silent ride. I took a deep breath. – I…I am so sorry about Mino and for all the silly things I said…I am truly so-

- Forget it…please…I am sorry I have talked to you this way…I-

- No please…don’t be…I cut him. As another silent took place. – He still loves her doesn’t he? I dared to ask after a pause. He looked at me for a few seconds and nodded. I sighed. I thought for another few seconds and decided to push my luck. Hyukkie… what, what happened in London? He looked at me again and I knew he wouldn’t be able to answer this time.

- I’m sorry…

- No…I understand. I paused. You’re a very good friend Hyukkie… the best… you know that? He frowned before he slightly laughed.

- Thank you…I guess… he said a bit embarrassed as I took off my seat belt. Before I could realize it he was already at my door opening it for me. My legs were slightly shacking as I put them on the ground and put all my weight on his arm he gave me to grab as we walked towards the door entrance. – Do you want to tell me what happened? He finally said as we reached the door. I took a deep breath.

- Nothing unusual…my mother, the drama of life…I managed to joke.

- I’m sorry…he simply added knowing to well how difficult and sensitive was the subject. – If you need to talk…

- I know…thank you Hyukkie…I said as he gave me a peck on my cheek, hugged me a last time. Padded my hair, and left.

I walked in a storm looking for her and figured she would be in her office as she wasn’t in her room, or in the garden. Meaning as well she was probably waiting for me.

 

        

She was lost in her thoughts, as she had locked up herself in her working room.  She’s had a lot going on her mind for few weeks now and couldn’t really focus on very much beside the imminent confrontation she was about to face. She was actually glad that finally the time had come to spill the beans. She was tired of avoiding it. She was feeling relieved for the first time even very saddened by the pain her beloved was going through, at least her secret was revealed.

- Come in…it’s open…she quickly answered removing the glasses she uses when working.

- Hi…she heard the voice say and looked up immediately.

- What the fu…WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? She asked quickly looking around and heading to the studio’s leaving room making sure to have closed the door so he couldn’t catch a glimpse of her work. She wasn’t confortable with anyone seeing her work. Especially him. – Where is Sunny? Is she the one who let you in?

-  I ran into her downstairs she said she was going to buy drinks…

- How did you get in??  You don’t have the door code…

- Sue, I came here few times, remember? I saw you dial it…

- Seriously? I didn’t know you had this side…

- Which side?

- Obsessed ert side…she said crossing her arms as he smiled putting himself confortable in the couch. Putting his blazer aside revealing his slightly open shirt. Danger. Everything about him screamed danger. He had this power nobody ever had over her, she couldn’t stand looking at him without wanting to throw herself at him. She hated it.

- What are you doing…you have to leave…Sunny is going to be back very soon she can’t- oh god she already saw you…please don’t tell me you told her you came here “few times”…

- I didn’t tell her. He reassured, as she looked relieved for few seconds only since he added: but I think she guessed it…she sighed. This was something she would need to justify in front of her friends. Another rule she had broken. Bringing a man to the studio, to their secret place. What was it about him that she was always breaking rules she had lived by since forever?

- What do you want?

- I want to talk to you

- ‘Talk’? She scoffed. You’ve been wanting to ‘talk’ to me a lot lately? She said referring to all the times they met and the excuse he would come for to see her since Sunny’s wedding where she lost all control, again. – You better leave. I’m not having with you.  Sunny will be here in a moment. She said heading to the open kitchen to make some coffee.

- Does it mean that you would’ve if your friend weren’t here? He asked playfully sitting on the stool behind the counter as she was on the other side. He liked it. Being in her space. He could get used to it he thought. She glared at him. – Okay, I really came to talk to you. I’m meeting Ki-wong downstairs anyway I’m not staying long…he assured her slightly insecure and she put a cup in front of him showing him that he could proceed as he sighed in relief. – You…you told your friends about me…he started as she looked at him before filling his cup.

- So what?

- I didn’t expect you to tell your friends about; what was it that you called it again? Oh yeah… ‘A fixed term no strings attached relationship’

- Don’t flatter yourself. My friends have always been aware of my countless no strings attached relationships. She said as he stared at her for a few seconds before he let a small laugh. Until how long she would keep on humiliating him, pushing him, rejecting him until he would stop crawling back at her? The more he tried to avoid her the more he found himself coming back to her. He hated it.

- Well that’s the thing, you didn’t reveal everything you put up such a mystery, why? Are you hiding something?

- What would I be hiding?

- I don’t know…Your feelings ?

- My feelings? She asked raising her eyebrow.

- Yes. Feelings. You know that thing you pretend you absolutely don’t have. He explained as she smirked.

- Oh I see, why don’t you enlighten me on what these feelings means exactly as you seem to know much more about them than I apparently do?

- They mean that this…he said pointing at her then at him. -  What we have might be a little more than ‘a fixed term no strings attached relationship’…

- Is that what my feelings means, or yours?

- Mine? We’re not talking about my feelings. He stated, as he didn’t want her to drift the subject again, something she’s always managed to do.

- Why not?

- Because you’re not ready for that Ciccina... He said calling her by the nickname he had gave her back in Italy and giving her that meaningful look she took time to analyse.

- Why don’t you try me? She challenged and it was his turn to analyse her look.

- I am already Cicci, you just don’t see it…he said slowly leaning towards her before stealing a quick yet soft kiss as she stood there looking at him. She hated these kisses. They were the quickest yet they made her the weakest. – Step by step, I don’t want you to run away, do I? He added looking at her getting lost in her eyes that were inches from his face. He broke the stare making her almost jump out of surprise as he put his coffee cup back in the dish machine. Washed his hands and went back to the couch where he took his blazer that he put back. She hated him, for being so confortable around her, in her space. For owning it, for owning her. She hated that strong attraction he had built within her and that she absolutely couldn’t get rid of. She saw him check his phone and frown at a text he’d received and felt tempted to ask if everything was ok, but she brushed it away. It wasn’t her place to ask. To know. She needed to protect herself. – I … I need to leave…he said more brightly and she felt like he was hiding something. Again, she brushed it away. – When will I see you again?

- Since when do we plan such things? She mocked as he genuinely laughed.

- Right…we’re not there yet…

- Yet?

- Step by step Ciccina, step by step…he walked towards the door as Sunny was entering at the same time followed by no one else than Ki-wong. She widened her eyes.

- Oh you’re leaving? I brought beers…said Sunny all hyped followed by Ki-wong that had the same expression.

- That’s a nice place here…he said looking around as Chang-wook stopped him.

- I thought we said ‘downstairs’ asked him his friend.

- I ran into him downstairs, I told him to come with me…

- She was afraid you guys would be doing nasty things…he explained.

- OPPA! Shouted Sunny giving him a tap on his shoulder.

- Well thank you for the invitation, but we have something urgent to take care of…next time?

- Do we?

- Yes…he answered him and they exchanged one of these meaningful look.

- Ok well bye Baby doll, it was a nice ride…he said winking at Sunny.

- Bye! She answered to both men leaving before looking back at Sue who was crossing her arms and waiting for an explanation.

- What? She asked innocently.

- A nice ride? Baby doll? What the ?

 -Oh my god he got the coolest bike ever, the F4 MV Augusta, and he let me rode it, you know I have a thing for bikes…

- YOU WHAT- whatever, well I know for a fact that you’re married too, last time I checked he was pretty much the jealous type.

- Last time I checked, I rode the bike, not the man Sue…she said with that look implying ‘not as a certain person’.

- …

- Hungry? I brought some snacks…

- No thanks…you know I can’t eat when I’m stressed…

- What did he want? She said putting stuff on the fridge.

- I don’t know…that’s the thing, I never know when it comes to him…and seriously don’t do that…

- What?

- Leaving me alone with him…and…Bonding…with Ki-wong…it’s freaking me out…

- I like him. He’s fun…

- Sunny! Seriously…do you realize we’ve seen them more in the past 3 weeks than we did in ten years, how did they got that close to us…I wish we could go back to normal you know?

- Normal?

- Yes, seeing any of them three times a year and salute them from very very far away…

- Hottie, you should’ve thought of it before ing with the golden prince…she mocked.

- I’m being serious Sunny!

- So am I Sue… nothing will get back to normal…The vampire is obsessed with Hana and I start to think not only on a professional level, you’re sleeping with Chang Wook and Gongju is…she’s marrying the Manwhore…so yes I’m bonding with Ki-wong because I believe, no I’m positive we’re going to run into each other more than three times in a year…

- She…she’s not marrying the manwhore…she mumbled.

- Yes she is, she’ll never betray her grandmother…she added grave.