F4 - 1 "When we were young"

Weddings & CO

The situation was so critic right now that Hana and Sue had to do something they never do to keep the earlier incident out of topic; small chats. As the first thinks of it as the best way to waste your time, the other considers it the most bothersome thing on earth yet for me; they were giving in the task and in a very good way since no one had the opportunity to mention the disastrous lancé of bouquet, if I was in my normal state I would be trying to figure out how to pay back the favor mostly buying lingerie for Sue and food for Hana but I was too obsessed by my grandmother’s words and prayed for the wedding to finish soon as we were waiting to take the infamous high school picture.

You’ll be fine don’t worry too much…

Oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…I’m so screwed… I whined as he sat in front of me as we all were waiting for the last picture to be taken. – Where have you been, I was desperately looking for you…

Just around…I heard you got in Shinni’s way…you sure are not faint-hearted

Are you kidding? She’s really far from being my concern right now the only one I’m scared of is- wait a sec so you didn’t see what happened?

Hmm no …the guys told me about it he said avoiding my gaze, I found it weird as he didn’t want to miss it but then felt extremely relieved.

Thank god, at least you didn’t see me making a fool of myself in front the entire seoulite socialite…

C’mon it wasn’t that bad...was it ? 

Trust me it was that bad, it was very bad, very very bad…OH my god I’m so dead…I’m so not going home tonight I said hiding my head into my arms knocking it in the table from time to time.

Ok now people are looking at us strange…Gongju stop it, you’ll be fine, she might just freeze your cards for the next month or two and even if she does your grandfather will make sure to sneak behind as usual and give you all you want…

Oh no Hyukkie, that used to work in high school, now that I spend my own money freezing my cards won’t affect me that much, I’m afraid the punishment will be on a different level…

You’re all grown up aren’t you? He said with a hint of sadness as realization just hit him. All independent, smart and hot...it seems like you don’t need me around anymore…

Don’t be stupid I’ll always need you and did you just say ‘hot’? I teased, as he never allowed himself these kinds of comments towards me.

I did …he said looking away with a smirk sipping on his drink.

Independent might be knew but as far as I know I’ve always been smart and hot…

Of course you were except that for the ‘hot’ part only Sue and I knew about it and I liked it that way. He said as he bored his eyes on mine.

Well no need to worry about it, this ‘hotness’ might be all yours sooner than expected…I said waving my hand in front of my body only to regret my words as the poor boy choke hard on his drink and almost died in front of me.

Omo are you ok? I’m sorry I didn’t want to shock you I said handling him water chuckling in the same time. He really can be cute which contrasts extremely with his strict and very sharp facial features.

Hmm yeah…yeah I’m ok…what…what did you mean by that? He said suddenly serious as I was still tapping on his back.

Oh yeah…I meant that you’re invited to my place tomorrow for dinner…I simply stated as no further explanation was needed.

Really? He said grinning widely from ear to ear…I see Halmeoni didn’t waist any time…

Pfff…and I see you’re very happy about it? I said smiling at his behavior. He cleared his throat straightening himself in his chair and looked back at me.

Shall I not be? He almost whispered in a low huskier voice than he already has. I was caught off guard by the way he suddenly became serious about a matter we used to joke about not to say rarely mentioned especially when it was just the two of us.

Why so serious? I joked and I was glad he played along feeling that I wasn’t ready for that kind of talk. I was feeling better already as we kept on joking around until I felt a pair of eyes boring holes at me; JJ the man …if a stare could kill I swear I have died a thousand times. His crew was a few spots in advance as they had to go through the official picture with the newly weds, us being the last ones.

Babe stand up almost our turn…asked me Sue as she victoriously got rid of any annoying blabber. We slowly gathered to a file waiting for the couple to bid their formalities.

What the hell happened to you lip? I heard Ki-Wong asking his friend and I felt dizzy.

Let’s just say I was bitten by a wild cat…he said staring at me and I coughed hard which caused Soohyuk to be the one giving me a bottle of water. Thank god he wasn’t paying attention to the golden heirs conversation.

Are you okay? He asked innocently with his all time deep voice.

Yeah …yeah…I looked away only to see Sue staring at me her jaw dropping to the ground.

Did …did you-

Later I promise…not now… not the right moment not the right people…I cut her off whispering as she moved by my side.

You owe me a big explanation princess…she whispered back and it was as if I could see what was going though her wild imagination.

Seriously even when Sue made me wait in la durée at Champs-Élysées for her stupid macaroons it didn’t seem that long…complained Hana looking at her watch and I swear I saw the cold vampire steal some glances.

Kim Hana it’s your best friend’s wedding not a business meeting laughed Mino as he came to the picture.

Oh really? Because looking at my so-called best friend it does seems like she’s making some good deals. We looked at the bride who was giving fake smiles and shaking hands as soon as the picture was clicked only to sigh heavily when they would get out of view as the groom was whispering things to her ‘you can do it baby, you can do it’ with a the same fake smile plastered on his face. We all burst into a big laughter dragging attention of most people around. We saw the last group meaning the golden clan pausing effortlessly with the newly weds and congratulating them at the end (congratulations mostly done by Chang-wook out of kindness and Jin-hyuk out of courtesy as the two others kept silent).

Ok ahjusshis…let us show you how we do it…screamed Jong who has been waiting all that time. Sue and I widened our eyes at his familiarity but then its Jong we’re talking about, he does not know how to behave properly…

Yah who you’re calling ahjusshi you little snot scolded Ji-hoon close to Ki-wong who seemed as offended as his friend while the other two members didn’t seem to care at all.

Just joking hyung…calm down…he said half ignoring him and for the first time I appreciated Jong for his careless behavior, but seriously guys I’ve waited for that picture for years…finally we’re back all together it’s must be memorable-

Oh stop crying Jong and let’s take this damn picture ordered Sue heading to the bride as we all were laughing. We instinctively went to the bride while the men surrounded the groom only to be stopped by the photographer after few clichés.

Euh I’m sorry but I believed you guys were all best friends in high school?

Well you believed right, is there a problem? Asked Mino.

No no sir, not all, it’s just that this picture doesn’t have a high school vibe but more a traditional bride/groom’s friends picture…

What the hell is he talking about? Asked me Hana as she started to loose the few of patience she had left.

He means you should remove your glasses…suggested Mino looking up to us, as we were one step higher.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? Three of us Sunny, Sue and I shouted.

Well thank you Mister what’s your name again? …euh whatever; the point is I strongly agree with you! Stated arrogantly Jong, this is not how we strike a pause, Sue baby come here the hottest should be in the front raw…he said waving his hand for her to take it as we all chuckled at his suggestion.

It’s not funny…pouted Sue hiding behind my body as Jong climbed the few stairs that separated the two groups.

Get away Jong I’m not posing with you…

Of course you are he said playing hide-and-seek with her as I appeared to be the wall between them.

Forget it Jong…you’re making me feel dizzy I begged as everyone was chuckling. I hoped for Hana to help but she herself was hiding behind the bride as Mino made up his mind to take her glasses away as Soohyuk and Tae were trying to suppress a laugh.

Oh c’mon JLO I’ll leave you Soohyuk if you give me Sue. I felt everyone freeze at their place and every laugh dying at the mention of the horrible and hated nickname he had given to me during high-school.

Oh you didn’t…

I just did …he answered fearless and before I could launch myself on him with my first firmly clenched Sue had already taken him away to prevent his cute face to get wasted as Soohyuk was strongly pulling me away when I kept kicking like crazy nothing but the wind. Meanwhile Mino had taken the opportunity to snatch Hana’s glasses and ran away after the latter turned into a real fury, the bride who appeared to be in the middle of this tug war was screaming at the top of her lungs to not ruin her dress and the groom didn’t find any other way to shut her up beside kissing her. Jong was the happiest man in the world and forced back hugged Sue thanking her for saving his as she was probably regretting her actions now, serves her right! I had almost managed to free myself from Soohyuk when I heard him talking about the real surprise he had for me and I couldn’t care until I heard him shouting (mostly because of Sue and Hana screaming after their companions): - I’m not going back…

What? I answered half in disbelief half because of the current noise.

I’M NOT GOING BACK…I’M DONE WITH LA… I’M STAYING…I’m staying here…with you…

WHAT? He rolled his eyes smirking

I SAID I’M S- I cut him off screaming out of happiness forgetting about Jong and me stabbing his back (at least for the moment) jumping around before throwing myself at him again. At that moment I realized that the photographer had taken everything with him and I mentally thanked him for that. Mino had piggybacked Hana when we was tired of her kicking him, Sue was making faces like she rarely does while Jong was giving wet pecks on her cheeks, the celebrating couple was going through a hot making session, and I was hugging tight my all time friend, one of the most important person in my life who had finally came back to me. Jong was right, this picture did us right, it felt good to act careless and let these boring responsibilities that we should held in front of the society aside even though I was glad half of the guests had left at that time including all of the elders. It was the first time after so long that it felt exactly the same, same as before the guys left for military service and came back changed forever, same as before we went to New-york and changed forever. Same as before Mino and Hana broke up, same as before Soohyuk suddenly left for LA. Same as before Jong had drug issues, same as when we were just kids. For the first time we felt good to be back together. Now that I think about it, it was the last time as well.