Change of Plans

Weddings & CO

- So where were you again? I mean …I didn’t expect you to be here before me…I asked as we were walking towards the lounge where Hana ordered us to wait. I understood why Soohyuk had this worried look when I left his car making him almost change his plans as “it’s ok Sue will be with me” didn’t assure him at all. My Jay AHR two tone pleated leather mini skirt and Sue’s Helmut Lang’s sonar wool mini dress were drawing too much attention.

I told you I was around…

Around?

Yeah around I mean in the area…

Well thank you I think I know what “around” means

So what is it that you want to know? She said now clearly annoyed.

I want to know the exact place, what were you doing and most important with whom? I ordered showing how much myself as well was pissed. I know how much space she needs but I also know the limit of what space I can give, she was lying to me I knew it and the conversation I had earlier with Sunny had disturbed me too much to care about her feelings right now.

Wouaouh I didn’t know that my best friend was actually working for the CIA…she said not really paying attention to me. Nice move Subin, a lame joke, really?

Yah…I stopped now on my tracks making her stop as well few steps ahead from me.

What? She whined turning around to face me as I was behind now. I scoffed at my side and took a deep breath.

I don’t know you tell me …

I don’t know what you’re talking about…she complained avoiding my stare.

Sue…Are you hiding something from me? She kept looking at her side. Of course she was.

Ok forget that, I know you’re hiding something from me, you always are…are you hiding something SERIOUS from me? She finally looked at me. Her eyes full of doubt. I knew that look. She was debating with herself right now. She was scared. I hated to see her like that. It was this moment when she would be this wild bird trapped in an opened cage. What she fears the most is that she has to choose for herself.

Sue baby… I started a lot calmer walking until I reached her and feeling already guilty. I put my hands on her fragile shoulders, and then took her hands.  It’s ok…you don’t have to tell me right now, and if you feel like you don’t need to tell me at all then…then I’ll trust you on that but please… please… I’m begging you…whatever little stupid y voice is going on in your head telling you that you’re alone in this tell her to off because she’s lying, you have me. You’ll always have me; even if you’re not sharing, I’ll stick there, forever. Okay? I looked for a sign of reaction but as I predicted she seemed to go trough a mental breakdown. That’s what happens when someone talks to her soul. She seemed to have lost her tongue. Babe you just have to nod…I asked knowing too much that she wouldn’t be able to respond my declaration. She nodded after a while. Thank you, I’ll take that for a “yes I promise”… ok let’s go now and take care of Kim Hana… I said grabbing her hand, as I knew she wouldn’t be able to say anything else, the most important was that she had heard me.

Oh what a surprise… look whom we have there? I looked towards the bluntly interpellant voice only to see a certain Park Shinni walking out from what appeared to be Hana’s office with a look that I didn’t like. I felt suddenly Sue close to me transforming into a starved eagle as I felt my blood froze.

What are you doing here Shini?  Asked aggressively Sue who has seemed to find back her tongue.

Oh don’t act like you don’t know why I came here…You guys surely made fun of me last night… you didn’t think I would stay there without doing anything didn’t you??? Sue and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows. Since when that started answering back. - I’m really tired of both of you and the you give to people around just because you guys are friend and all, making everyone feel like an outie or worthless…it used to bother me so much…following you around…trying to fit in…I was so stupid…but now…now I have Minho, he changed everything and there is no way in hell I’ll give up on him or let anyone take him away…ANYONE she insisted another time by pronouncing each syllabus distinctively.

You are you ing threatening us??? Asked Sue already throwing herself at her, as I quickly had to stop her.  She looked at me in awe.

Shini, I apologize if we had made you feel miserable in the past and apologize for yesterday on behalf of Hana if you had felt at some point that she tried to take Minho away, trust me it is a misunderstanding and there is nothing that we wish more than happiness for both of you I finally said with the most honest tone I could gather. Sue was giving me a “are you ing serious look?” when Shini seemed to have nothing more to add and even looked pissed for that matter.

Whatever…she said leaving. I waited until she faded away and ran to Hana’s office followed by Sue who was trying to keep up with my pace.

What the hell was that?

That was me trying to prevent Hana’s future in this hotel which you by punching the girl in the middle of the lobby wasn’t exactly something you were thinking of…we walked the few more steps to the CEO department and entered dramatically without really paying attention to the secretary.

What the the gold digger was doing here? Screamed Sue as we found Hana at her office frenetically cleaning her desk only left with a neutral silk camisole by Alexander Wang she was wearing with black satin trimmed shorts by Haider ACKERMAN, I was surprised to see her so casually dressed and remembered that it was Sunday. She kept on cleaning without really paying attention to us.

Please tell me that you didn’t create a fuss at the lobby? She begged without looking at us and I realized that “Hana the freak” was on, and consequently feared the worst.

No of course we didn’t… what do you take us for? We don’t want to put your job on target do we? Said Sue as I raised an eyebrow at her.

Hon’ what happened to you? I asked slowly coming closer to her only to see the vampire appear from nowhere grabbing her arm forcing her to stop her cleaning session.

I told you to stop! You really need to revise your priorities it’s yourself that you should dry not your desk! He said giving her towel that seemed to be the thing he was gone for. Sue and I stood there as we were watching a movie in a foreign language where we were playing invisible characters.

You don’t understand I worked for three days on that file and I only typed the half of it meaning the other half being on these now wet and wasted notes…

What presentation are you talking about? He stopped, as he realized something after looking at the notes she was holding. Oh no…seriously? It’s in three month! Are you mad? Is she mad? He asked this time looking at us.

In three month I’ll be doing something else…the Samsung charity event will be around the corner, then there is the Christie’s auction sales and the new Amore pacific new line-launching event…do you know important are these events in the strategy we…I mean you’ve adopted for the next semester? She replied angry as he stood there his jaw dropped in front of the young woman who just lessoned him. He kept glaring at her before calmly adding:

Yes I know…this is my hotel you remember?

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…

The point is…he said cutting her words. Lord I don’t believe I’m the one saying this but sometimes…work should be put aside even if it’s for a short moment, and this moment Kim Hana is now…he said seriously now and kind of referring to something that happened and that we still didn’t know about. I was about to ask what was it when another character made his entrance.

I thought we were meeting in the lobby why did you call me here? Said Chang wook soon noticing us. – Oh …Hi…he said smiling at us out of politeness but visibly embarrassed by something, or someone I wasn’t sure.

Oh I just wanted to let you know in advance given to our long time friendship that my lawyer is currently filling a suit against your future brother’s spouse for both physical and moral assault and for breaking into a private property. He randomly said without any trace of emotion in his voice.

What? Asked Chang-wook in awe.

WHAT? Asked this time Hana. Oh c’mon she just spilled water at me no need for a lawyer I can take care of it myself!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Screamed both Sue and I this time finally understanding why she was wet, shirtless and cleaning her stuff.

The is so dead…said Sue to herself but loud enough for us to hear it as she was already going into the opposite direction.

CHOI SUBIN you’re not going anywhere and president Jin you’re not filling a suit against your best friend’s future sister-in-law because of me! Insisted Hana as I was trying to keep Sue from leaving.

Oh there is something you might have misunderstood Hana-SSI, I’m not doing it because of you I’m doing it because nobody is allowed to break-in my office and harm my employees and no offence Man but I don’t care if she’s more or less related to you…  the law is the law he said now facing his friend that have brought his hand to his forehead.

Well she didn’t really break in she requested to see me and I accepted…

YOU WHAT? I don’t believe you the secretary had just confirmed me that some girl broke in…He said with assurance and I cursed myself.

Euh actually that’s us Oppa, I’m sorry… I saw Shinni leaving and she didn’t look really friendly so we ran to the office without waiting for the secretary approbation…I confessed. He paused for a moment.

Okay…I’ll give you that one but she still spilled water at you!

I’m fine and I’m the supposedly victim so your complaint is irrelevant!

Irrelevant? I’ve witnessed everything… again I’m not worried about you…he insisted another time and I noticed that he was actually trying to convince himself. She damaged the company’s property! He said grabbing her notes.

These are my personal notes, I’m afraid you have no argument…

GOD…he finally shouted to himself. He paced around for a moment before glaring at her. It was the first time that I’ve seen him that expressive even his friend seemed to be shocked.

Yah Kim-hana…I really can get you…how can you defend her she insulted your father!

 

Silence

 

That was it. I knew that it needed a bit more than water to bring the “freak on”, she doesn’t get out easily and when she does you don’t want to be around. She was holding it so bad, work was always the thing she used to keep herself busy whenever she’s worried, or hurt. I walked a few steps close to her and took the freedom to slowly start to pick-up her stuff, her wet Helmut Lang jacket, her laptop, ipad different files on the desk. I knew that I just had to take her away that any kind of talk didn’t really appeal to her only action did.

I …I’m gonna get the car…finally said Sue who was as much as frozen than me.

So …so you did hear everything? She greeted between her teeth. She was feeling betrayed. Her voice was close to crack and I took a deep breath reminiscing bad memories of her in that state.

I did. He calmly answered. He had a mix feeling I could see it, he was trying to get a reaction but when he did get it he seemed to regret it.

So you’ve probably seen that her motivation was purely personal and I’m extremely sorry for bringing these kinds of matters into the office, I still don’t think that you’re in position of doing anything against her but definitely against me for letting her into our premises. Feel free if you want to. Otherwise I’ll see you tomorrow. She said bowing to say goodbye as I followed her towards the exit looking a last time at the priceless face Jin-hyuk had as Chang wook moved to his side. Then Silence. Silence in the lobby. In the car, and as we reached her place where we unconsciously took her. I didn’t dare to break it, nether Sue did. We looked at her walking slowly until her door entrance and even thought if I needed to walk her until the elevator when she suddenly faced us making almost startle.

I changed my mind; we’re going to Minho’s wedding. All of us. She simply said before fading away. I stood there looking now at the empty entrance when Sue suddenly stepped on the gas.

What the did this to her?

I have no idea…I said taking my phone from my pocket and dialing the number I was dying to dial for hours now…

Yes? I heard her say as she was actually waiting for my call.

I think you were right…you might wanna shorten your stay …

What happened?

Long story…can you be here next Friday?

I’ll be there on Wednesday…