035

Hate you, Love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remember not to tell Bomi about it ok? I don’t want her to know just yet.” Chorong told Naeun as she went out of the house to meet Woohyun. She wanted to surprise Bomi with the news on her wedding date. “Alright. I won’t. Enjoy your date! I’m so happy for you.” Naeun was genuinely delighted that her wish for her best friend came through and all those sacrificed paid off.

Woohyun held the car door open for Chorong as always, and waited for her. “You’ve got the hospital name and ward number right?” Chorong checked with Woohyun again, to make sure that he doesn’t back out last minute. He nodded, but he resented the thought of going to meet his parents. Especially with Chorong – he didn’t know what they’ll do to him.

“Be careful of my parents. Don’t believe them easily. They’re not nice-”

“Shush Woohyun, I can protect myself if anything ever happens and besides, I think your parents aren’t bad. No parent can hate their children.”

“Well, mine definitely can.”

Chorong shook her head, knowing that nothing will change Woohyun’s thought about his parents. He’s had a rough childhood after all. However, she knows that something must’ve been the cause of it.

 

 

 

“VVIP ward 1009, Mr Nam.” Woohyun said reluctantly to the person at the counter once they entered the hospital building. “We need permission from Mr Nam to allow you to enter the floor and ward. Please –”

“He’s Mr Nam’s son. Nam Woohyun.” Chorong cut the person’s sentence. The person immediately put down the phone and gave the couple the pass to the 10th floor.

Woohyun didn’t know why the person would let him go in so easily. “They must have bad security.” Woohyun mumbled while fiddling with the pass that he got. Chorong sighed. “It just means your father or mother gave instructions to allow you to enter. They expected you to come.”

 

The couple stayed outside the door. Chorong was waiting for Woohyun to knock. He didn’t have the will and courage to do so.

“Why must I-”

“Just do it.” Chorong told Woohyun sternly. She sincerely wanted to see him reconciling with his parents.

Chorong held Woohyun’s fist to the door and knocked the door.

“Come in.” A voice came from inside. It was Mrs Nam.

The couple opened the door and walked in. Woohyun’s parents were both there. The four stared at each other awkwardly, with no one knowing how to start a conversation that would ease the tension.

“S-Sit down.” Mrs Nam said, gesturing the younger couple to sit at the 2 empty seats at the side of the wall. “It’s nice to see you here, son.” Mr Nam said, looking directly at Woohyun. Woohyun pretended he didn’t hear anything and continued playing with Chorong’s hair, as distraction from the awkwardness. “And you too, Chorong ssi.” His father added.

“It’s my pleasure to be here.” Chorong stood up and bowed to his parents again. She tried to pull Woohyun to stand up too but his grip was too strong, she could not get him up. Instead, he pulled her back down to sit.

Another whole 3 minutes passed without anyone saying anything.

“Chorong ssi, I would like to talk to you downstairs for a while.” Mrs Nam told Chorong, while walking closer to her.

“Yes sure-”

“NO.” Woohyun held Chorong back, preventing her from going away. He doesn’t trust Chorong being alone with his mother. He was paranoid about what might happen. “If you want to talk to her, say it right here. Or I’ll follow along. I cannot leave her with you alone. You threatened my friends, my own company, my life, everything that I have or had. I cannot let you take away my most valuable person in my entire life. You’re wicked.” Woohyun held onto Chorong so hard, his hand marks could be seen on her hand. She had never felt that strong of a grip from Woohyun before.

In that grip, she could feel the accumulated anger, disappointment, hatred Woohyun had towards his parents, as well as the strong desire to protect and love from him to herself.

Woohyun’s mother could not say anything to rebut. She had done all of those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter