029

Hate you, Love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There it is…” Chorong pursed her lips and took in a deep breath. She wasn’t sure whether she was afraid to face her “new job” or him. She looked up at the tall building which read—Nowell Electronics. The last time she was here, well, she was not as nervous.

“Ms Park, this way please.” Woohyun’s secretary who he personally sent down escorted her to the top level. She went towards the door that she was instructed to open and walked in. She saw him—Nam Woohyun. Part of her just wanted to slap him for leaving and her other part wanted to hold him tight in her embrace.

There was only Woohyun there with Chorong. It was supposed to be with the main people in charge, which consisted of the other 4 leaders, but he wanted to do it alone with her.

Both of them stare at each other silently for a minute. She could see the apologetic look in his eyes, with a slight tint of fear. He could see yearning and concerns in her eyes.

 

What is he afraid of?

 

What is she yearning for?

 

His gaze shifted and noticed the necklace on her neck—the one that he gave her.

 

So she found out H was me… if not she wouldn’t be wearing it.

 

His lips broke into a slight smile but he went back to a poker face immediately. He didn’t want to look shaken. He was still setting up a wall against his true feelings unconsciously. He wan’t ready for the full front yet, even though ‘the wall’ he’s been building up is already crumbling down bit by bit.

“So I guess… you can start now?” Chorong managed to break the ice. “O-Oh yeah…” Woohyun snapped out of himself and started getting professional about his work.

Their mini meeting shortly ended after everything was cleared and the contract was signed. Both of them walked to the door. He went out first and held the door for her. “Woohyun ah-“

Chorong was cut off by his phone ringing. He picked it up and talked to the person he was on the line with.

“Yea? What did you want to say?” Woohyun asked her as he hang up the call.

“Nothing… You seem… busy. I’ll go now.” Chorong walked off to the lift and pressed the button to go down.

 

I just wanted to ask you to go eat lunch together…

 

Woohyun stared at her back as she waited for the lift. He was tempted to run and hug her. He very badly wanted to.

 

But I… I’m scared… that she might not be feeling the same way for me. Maybe she just wore the necklace because she liked it. Nothing else.

 

It was obvious to others that they had mutual feelings but being the paranoid Woohyun from previous scars, he does not want to get his hopes high.

 

Back at Chorong’s house

Eunji was over for some hang out sessions as Chorong was relatively free that day and Eunji is still on her maternal leave. She could still work, but Sunggyu was too over protective of her. She barely got his ‘permission’ to travel out. Even though it is just Eunji threatening to kick him and Sunggyu giving up trying to change her—who could stop Jung Eunji anyways?

“So how are things with Woohyun? Still the same?”

“Better…? I guess but not really. Oh but!! He smiled a tiny bit today. It was the cutest thing I’ve seen all day…” Chorong sounded like a fangirl, spazzing over Woohyun. “He smiled ‘cause I was wearing the necklace he gave me.”

“Finally he’s doing something. Gosh!!” Eunji was quite frustrated seeing Naeun and Bomi stressing over Chorong and Woohyun’s relationship. They were worried about Chorong’s health as she wasn’t eating much these days. Now she’s delighted that at least she is feeling more positive now and Woohyun finally getting the balls to take a step forward.

“Oh ya but Eunji, you know the guy who kept giving me things in high school?”

“Luhan?”

“No no!! The ‘H’ guy.”

“Yea why? Did you finally find out who’s he?”

“Yep and- wait. What do you mean by finally… DID ALL OF YOU KNOW??”

“Nah only me. Sunggyu told me… like wayyyyy back during high school when it first started.” Eunji told her the truth which she hid for at least 8 years or so. “GOSH EUNJI!!! Why didn’t you tell me? I even went to prom with him…”

“Puh-lease? Would you even go to prom if he hadn’t ask you as H? And the Chor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter